Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only Discover University complaining thread!

Comments

• AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited November 2019

I already explained a while back on how I feel about going into the lifestream for discovery University I am so tired of getting myself exhausted with excitement just to be full of disappointments later. :'(

therefore I wasn’t expecting anything except for a sim to wake up deciding to go to a university grab a book go into a rabbit-hole coming out 20 minutes later with a cap and gown on it’s GRADUATION DAY woohoo .. that’s it... Seriously!!! o:)

So going in with that on my mind I can honestly say I can see a bit of sims 2 in this... NOT sims 3 but definitely S2 it reminded me so much of that...

Don’t get me wrong it’s still very lackluster being it’s 2019 and we are on sims 4 now ... BUT I LOVE SIMS 2 <3 ...

I don’t understand why it would be rabbit holes??? I don’t understand why We can’t have kitchens on ALL LOTS ...it’s so much I can’t understand so I am not even going to bother or waste my time with that part ... :(

Yet I say AGAIN I feel a bit of Sims 2 in this BUT STILL It’s lacking so much from the livestream they even seemed a bit annoyed by the loading screens from what I noticed .

But I already knew that going in >:) ...

ARE THEY SAVING THE BIG REVEAL FOR LATER??? :o

I just wonder if they added picnic baskets?? I don’t want to hope for anything in Sims 4 ...
    I’ll just sit back and gather the crumbs Soon enough it will make a FULL MEAL one day smh ...

like I said before any little bit to make the money I ALREADY Invested in s4 harvest is better than nothing at all... I guess... ???? :#
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Boy was that livestream boring. 2 hours and yet barely anything to do with actual learning. Not surprising considering that classes are just rabbit holes... The class assignments look super basic too and it doesn't seem much different from kid's and teens schooling.

Kids can't ride bikes. Disappointed, but not surprised. You can't edit university dorms when people are already living there because of sToRyTeLlIng? Because it's unrealistic to paint your dorm walls in real life? Was that chick serious? It's a dang video game, and one where the player should CHOOSE what they want their storytelling to be and if they want to paint the wall colors or not. That's just irritating.

They played with robots, had a keg party (whatever the heck that is), juggled a soccer ball, chilled around, but focused nearly no time on school. I've said it before and I'll say again, this doesn't feel like a school pack. It looks like a socialization pack with the bare minimum of school aspects slapped on.

Because when people think of university they are thinking of how TV shows and Movies show them. I mean tell me one movie or TV show which actually show you a university class? Can you name one bet you can't

I'm sorry.......what?
    We want it to be like real life university with interactive classes and all...least I would like that...I don't understand what your trying to get at.

And does Monster University show university classes? Does any movie or TV show which is centred around a university (aka "college") actually show the classes? All the TV/movies I know that are centred around college never show the actually classes unless it's important to the plot they mostly only show like party stuff.

I mean GTW is boring after a couple of play-runs. So how would a class be more interesting you will be sitting there watching your sim watch some other sim talking?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Boy was that livestream boring. 2 hours and yet barely anything to do with actual learning. Not surprising considering that classes are just rabbit holes... The class assignments look super basic too and it doesn't seem much different from kid's and teens schooling.

Kids can't ride bikes. Disappointed, but not surprised. You can't edit university dorms when people are already living there because of sToRyTeLlIng? Because it's unrealistic to paint your dorm walls in real life? Was that chick serious? It's a dang video game, and one where the player should CHOOSE what they want their storytelling to be and if they want to paint the wall colors or not. That's just irritating.

They played with robots, had a keg party (whatever the heck that is), juggled a soccer ball, chilled around, but focused nearly no time on school. I've said it before and I'll say again, this doesn't feel like a school pack. It looks like a socialization pack with the bare minimum of school aspects slapped on.

Because when people think of university they are thinking of how TV shows and Movies show them. I mean tell me one movie or TV show which actually show you a university class? Can you name one bet you can't

The Good Place has a scene showing Chidi in his university ethics class.
    Ross in Friends has a few scenes showing his paleontology classes, and a few plotlines involving his dealings with his students.
    Ted in How I Met Your Mother had a scene showing his stint as an architecture professor
    An Extremely Goofy Movie has a bunch of scenes showing Max and Goofy in college classes
    Modern Family has some scenes of Phil as a real estate instructor in his son's community college
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    2fab4uboo wrote: »
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »
    So, tomorrow we learn if our concerns were valid. I don’t know about you, but I’m so desperate to add to my game that I have caved and bought packs in the past even if they didn’t look great. I don’t want to cave again. What will you do if you decide not to buy DU?

-Add more mods? I might.
    -Start a challenge that won’t make you miss University? I am thinking of starting the 100 baby challenge.
    -Go back to TS2 or TS3? I loaded up TS3 today out of complete frustration for TS4. Too bad it’s butt ugly and I had to stop playing.

I love mods. My game is mod heavy, but the only problem with adding mods is that every update breaks the mods that you've installed and you have to wait until the modders fix what's broken. I'll probably get uni but not right away. I'll wait to see what the modders do to improve it, because I know it's going to be disappointing, but it's the one pack I've been waiting for.

That‘s the downside of using script/mods. That‘s why I use very little of mods. But I do use CC. There a lots of CC bunkbeds out there, and the ones I have in my game work pretty good. I even have loft beds which are very nice. Therefore I‘m really not too worried if they don‘t include bunkbeds in this pack. Although I would like to have them without using CC. But hey, I guess you can‘t have everything, especially not in TS4.

I have a lot of CC too. I do try to stick to the simpler mods, I really like the ones that don't need updating. I don't have bunk beds in my game yet so I'll have to get some. I have a feeling that bunk beds might be coming in another pack. I have a feeling that a lot of stuff fans want will be coming in other packs hence EA still making EP's, stuff and packs for this game instead of talking about TS5. I mean five years in and no sprial stairs, no pool table, no drums. They are going to squeeze every last dime out of fans by making new packs out of what was standard in other packs. I really want to see something that makes TS4 feel like it's own game and not TS2/3 in a half. There are things that l do like about TS4, but unfortunately all the bugs that haven't been fixed make those things less enjoyable. At this point it is what it is, but it's so frustrating because EA missed so many opportunities with this game. It's like they stopped trying to be innovative and are only catering to one demographic. I've been playing the sims since the first game and I feel like EA doesn't care about their long time fans as if were still not playing the game. Sims fans are extremely vocal so you can't tell me by now that EA doesn't know what their fans want.

No wonder you all think things are missing, when you use so much non- Maxis content it is going to look like things are missing but in truth they were never part of the game to start with. This is why I don't use CC, mods and cheats in a developing game.
    One more comment on this.
    What about things that Maxis added and then basically took back? One of the big ones is the whole WHIMS system. It stinks, they know it stinks, so they hid it away and have stopped adding to them. But we just want things that were never part of the game, according to you.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    So, tomorrow we learn if our concerns were valid. I don’t know about you, but I’m so desperate to add to my game that I have caved and bought packs in the past even if they didn’t look great. I don’t want to cave again. What will you do if you decide not to buy DU?

-Add more mods? I might.
    -Start a challenge that won’t make you miss University? I am thinking of starting the 100 baby challenge.
    -Go back to TS2 or TS3? I loaded up TS3 today out of complete frustration for TS4. Too bad it’s butt ugly and I had to stop playing.

I love mods. My game is mod heavy, but the only problem with adding mods is that every update breaks the mods that you've installed and you have to wait until the modders fix what's broken. I'll probably get uni but not right away. I'll wait to see what the modders do to improve it, because I know it's going to be disappointing, but it's the one pack I've been waiting for.

That‘s the downside of using script/mods. That‘s why I use very little of mods. But I do use CC. There a lots of CC bunkbeds out there, and the ones I have in my game work pretty good. I even have loft beds which are very nice. Therefore I‘m really not too worried if they don‘t include bunkbeds in this pack. Although I would like to have them without using CC. But hey, I guess you can‘t have everything, especially not in TS4.

I have a lot of CC too. I do try to stick to the simpler mods, I really like the ones that don't need updating. I don't have bunk beds in my game yet so I'll have to get some. I have a feeling that bunk beds might be coming in another pack. I have a feeling that a lot of stuff fans want will be coming in other packs hence EA still making EP's, stuff and packs for this game instead of talking about TS5. I mean five years in and no sprial stairs, no pool table, no drums. They are going to squeeze every last dime out of fans by making new packs out of what was standard in other packs. I really want to see something that makes TS4 feel like it's own game and not TS2/3 in a half. There are things that l do like about TS4, but unfortunately all the bugs that haven't been fixed make those things less enjoyable. At this point it is what it is, but it's so frustrating because EA missed so many opportunities with this game. It's like they stopped trying to be innovative and are only catering to one demographic. I've been playing the sims since the first game and I feel like EA doesn't care about their long time fans as if were still not playing the game. Sims fans are extremely vocal so you can't tell me by now that EA doesn't know what their fans want.

No wonder you all think things are missing, when you use so much non- Maxis content it is going to look like things are missing but in truth they were never part of the game to start with. This is why I don't use CC, mods and cheats in a developing game.
    What about things that Maxis added and then basically took back? One of the big ones is the whole WHIMS system. It stinks, they know it stinks, so they hid it away and have stopped adding to them. But we just want things that were never part of the game, according to you.

Whims are not hidden - turn it on. I use whims all the time. Granted they haven't added any new ones but when we had wants in a previous game they rarely added to that either.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited November 2019
    showing college classes in a movie/TV show is like the characters in Friends or any of those TV shows movies going to the bathroom they only do it if its important to the plot right (which I know at least happen in Friends saw the intro when I did the theme song for my SimLit)? @icmnfrsh I meant as a student your examples are of basically teachers.. with the exception of the Goofy movie. But as far as I can tell that movie was more focused on Max(?) wanting to win the X-Games not so much on classes (except for dealing with Dad)?

Most of what I seen related to college is more of the party side of the college. The only two things Sabrina the Teenage Witch gets right is that she struggles with not being a Teacher's Pet anymore which she was in high school and not have the same cast in the school as was in High school. But outside of that we only see the party side of the college
    6adMCGP.gif
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2019

-Add more mods? I might.

Whims are not hidden - turn it on. I use whims all the time. Granted they haven't added any new ones but when we had wants in a previous game they rarely added to that either.
    Yes, I know to turn them on, do the gurus who streamed today remember or care?
    You admit they haven’t added new ones. I am certain you are incorrect about the past games not getting new wants added.
  • Barbie430Barbie430 Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2019
    And does Monster University show university classes? Does any movie or TV show which is centred around a university (aka "college") actually show the classes? All the TV/movies I know that are centred around college never show the actually classes unless it's important to the plot they mostly only show like party stuff.

I mean GTW is boring after a couple of play-runs. So how would a class be more interesting you will be sitting there watching your sim watch some other sim talking?

Actually there is a lecture scene or two in Monsters University. But I’m still failing to see your point. So because some TV shows and movies taking place in university settings don’t have classroom scenes...that absolves DU of not having any? That doesn’t really correlate.

For one, TV and movies are completely different mediums from video games. And two, no TV show or movie has ever asked me to spend $40 on it for my entertainment.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019

-Add more mods? I might.

Yes, I know to turn them on, do the gurus who streamed today remember or care?
    You admit they haven’t added new ones. I am certain you are incorrect about the past games not getting new wants added.

Read what I said - I said they rarely added to wants.

Just curious - how many other games have you bought over the years that constantly gives you free content every few months like Maxis has? I 've bought a lot of games in my lifetime and believe me I rarely get free content from the game companies that make them - never mind on a regular basis like Maxis does.I like free stuff as much as anyone - but i really don't expect it on a regular basis.

I am sorry you are so disappointed with your game -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Beware: This is a rant.

Stoves are FORBIDDEN in dorms. For the first time in the history of the Sims (4?) an object has been explicitly FORBIDDEN on a lot.

I have trouble putting into words the stupidity and arrogance of this decision.
    In their absence of explanation for this, I think the stove mechanic needed tweaking with respect to roommates not bursting into flames often etc, and instead of programming it to work they just FORBADE them? They FORBADE an utterly mundane and basic function of the Sims series? Cooking on a stove?? It might be equally dumb to be this aggregated by their decision, but here I am. WOW.

If you want to tell a story of a dorm without communal means of making food, of course do it, it honestly seems like a fun thing! But why explicitly restrict us to this?
    What about those of us that want to tell the story of our everyday lives, where making a meal and having dinner together with our roommates is a basic way of socialising? Making dinner on a Sunday and having leftovers until it runs out? Baking a cake to cheer everyone up? C o o k i n g o n a s t o v e ?

This might be a small thing, but principally I feel like this goes against one of the foundations of The Sims 4 which they have used time and time again to excuse their actions. The argument *paraphrase* "we want you to tell whatever story you want, so we limit restrictions and direction in your gameplay" *paraphrase* has now been faulted in the weirdest, most unnecessary way possible.

I'd like to end this with a direct quote from the livestream when they specifically talked about dorm specifications: "We've put the least amount of restrictions on this so you can go on and play". Are you s e r i o u s ?

Completely agree. Instead of forbidding it, IMO it would have been much better if when a sim is preparing a party size or family size serving of food, other sims could join in (ie, click the sim cooking and select 'help prepare [dish name]') - that would be more alng the lines you speak of and that many people experience; multiple friends/family all cooking a meal together.

Why couldn't they have done that instead?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    About the Livestream. It was hard to pay attention and get excited, for me at least. The Guru who was showcasing didnt seem excited at all, espacially when it comes to gameplay. Why choose someone who rather builds and speeds trough everything. Also there were A BUNCH of questions before the stream on differente social medias. I think it would be professional if the Community Manager Frost wrote some of the most asked questions down and then they could answer that, instead of following the quick chat.
    I was so annoyed by that guru, minding her own business... or that Guru that kept talking about the robots as it was the most wished thing in a Uni Pack... ahm it was definitly the last livestream that i watched.

It seems like going to uni is just for story telling purposes as other mentioned. So if you dont put all of your imagination and creativity in this it will feel empty i guess.
    I saw a lot of reused animations that i didnt like and just a ''boost'' in the career, when you finish uni? Whats the point serioulsy? It seems like your sim can still have this three new jobs even without a degree. And do they need a degree when they want to be a doctor from the get to work Expansion?

Will it be challenging to go to uni? Because i didnt get that vibe. I also dont think that other NPC will ride that bike in the other worlds.

At least its not a closed destination world, because suprise suprise... another bar, instead of new venue types...
    I do like the fact that i can delete some of the mods, and the Gurus listening... I guess better late then never...

Soo it feels niche and this sums up 2019 for me. Gonna play some World of Warcraft, since i am uninspired in the moment and just want a game without me having to plan the story, the charakter and everything out.

• WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    On one hand, good for story telling with elders getting to go, student debt and having to try to raise a child while attending school with being able to get pregnant while attending school.

On the other, it feels like a one and done deal with only going to the two schools to experience the game play there but afterwards letting the rest of my sims stay home and go attend classes.
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member

Options options options !!!!! I can’t stress that enough I love <3 options I don’t mind rabbit Holes if I can have one or two classes that I can attend even for 15 mins ( indoor lectures taking notes , raising my hand or sleeping ) ... other sim games had BOTH ...it’s about options not 100% one way but 50-50 ... That way everyone is happy not just ONE side...options allow me to make my choice on how I choose to play MY game... It wouldn’t be a problem if I never had options BEFORE that’s my point. o:)
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited November 2019
    They kept saying, “You can tell that story”, but not everyone has a story to tell. I just want to play and see where things lead. I don’t want to have to force everything or imagine what isn’t there. There’s no AI to this game and 1 aspiration doesn’t help.

This.

Some of us want a game to play. TS2 used to let us tell stories as we wanted it (if we chose to), but the forefront experience was playing a game that required you to think and strategize a bit. Not everything was all happy happy and in your favor.

I don’t want nor need to live vicariously through my Sims as they socialize with the poor AI of every other Sim in the game. Watching my Sim have new ways to converse and socialize does nothing for me, and honestly, it does little for them, too, from a gameplay standpoint. I’d much rather have some interesting and fun gameplay systems which offer challenge.
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    The girl in the middle on the livestream should have been in control of the keyboard and pace of content. We got a ‘builder’ that barely knew where anything was and how to actually control the game. The girl in the middle seemed so genuinely excited and I found myself focusing more on her than the other two.

As for game content:

- Not being able to build a kitchen is a questionable design choice. A kitchenette is pretty much a given these days, especially with the fact the dorms are so massive and decent looking

- No ‘lower-class’ looking dorms. I am speaking like the second floor of the penthouse buildings. No idea why they are so limited and, well, big. The penthouse they previewed is way too big

- Locking computers! Finally

- Free-standing showers! ^

I really hope this is the last bit of adult-orientated content we get. Babies, toddlers, children, and elders should be next. The adult market is overdone and too full of content.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member

How to Get Away with Murder
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

How to Get Away with Murder

such a great show
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member

Stoves are FORBIDDEN in dorms. For the first time in the history of the Sims (4?) an object has been explicitly FORBIDDEN on a lot.

In their absence of explanation for this, I think the stove mechanic needed tweaking with respect to roommates not bursting into flames often etc, and instead of programming it to work they just FORBADE them? They FORBADE an utterly mundane and basic function of the Sims series? Cooking on a stove?? It might be equally dumb to be this aggregated by their decision, but here I am. WOW.

If you want to tell a story of a dorm without communal means of making food, of course do it, it honestly seems like a fun thing! But why explicitly restrict us to this?
    What about those of us that want to tell the story of our everyday lives, where making a meal and having dinner together with our roommates is a basic way of socialising? Making dinner on a Sunday and having leftovers until it runs out? Baking a cake to cheer everyone up? C o o k i n g o n a s t o v e ?

This might be a small thing, but principally I feel like this goes against one of the foundations of The Sims 4 which they have used time and time again to excuse their actions. The argument *paraphrase* "we want you to tell whatever story you want, so we limit restrictions and direction in your gameplay" *paraphrase* has now been faulted in the weirdest, most unnecessary way possible.

I'd like to end this with a direct quote from the livestream when they specifically talked about dorm specifications: "We've put the least amount of restrictions on this so you can go on and play". Are you s e r i o u s ?

Thank you for your long rant about these stoves because I still can't wrap my head around it. WHY is that a thing? Why? Why put such an immense restriction on a game that is all about telling our own stories? Why do the devs constantly take away options? It's a relatively small detail, but I'm so angry about this because it's so utterly dumb and pointless.

At this point I just wonder if there's some bug in the code related to fire/cooking on dorm lots and they had to cover it up by adding this restriction because that seems to be the only conclusion that makes sense to me. I can't come up with a single, logical reason besides that.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited November 2019
    So, I've read through some of the gripes and complaints and I think that folks have overly romanticized TS2 University TS2 University Wiki and TS3 University Life TS3 Carl's Guide University Life

This pack stays very close to the tenets of both university packs, while adhering mostly to TS2 including secret societies while adding two new features that was not in any of those releases:
    1. Attend Uni from any world - You do not have to live in the University World to attend University. Simmers have been asking for this ability since TS2
    2. Flexi Build - You can move build items in live mode when decorating dorm rooms. Yes the dorm rooms are ugly, but they are a blank canvas for you to decorate. In TS2 and TS3 the dorm rooms were bland and ugly and I redecorated them for my Sims. in TS2 I redid an entire dorm and just sent all my sims to the same Uni/college and dorm because I didn't fell like decorating them all.

Also - You can swim in the dang on lake! Without Island Living EP.

We are 5 years into TS4 and some simmers have unrealistic expectations of what this franchise will do.

Yes EPs for TS3 were $20 and not $40 and included more stuff. Chalk it up to inflation. I remember when I was a kid I would buy a pack of Now&Laters for 10 cents and would get 15 pieces of candy, then it was 9 pieces of candy for 10 cents, then it was 4 pieces of candy for 25 cents. Inflation sucks.

For the folks who haven't played TS2 Uni or TS3 Uni in a while and have fond memories I recommend clicking & reading the links I posted above or replaying the games to refresh your memory.

To the new simmers who never played TS2 or TS3 and had some expectations that weren't realized I feel ya, but if you really want to add this dimension to your game play and story telling, focus on the positives and make do or use the School Mod that already exists that has classrooms with teachers/professors teaching.

I'm a legacy simmer -- played Simcity 4, then TS2, TS3, Simcity, TS4. Yup, you may have seen some of my posts (the one's that weren't removed) griping over some TS4 stuff and maybe some TS3 stuff. My major complaint about TS3 is what many of y'all complain about in TS4. The EPs in TS2 were robust. You gotta a lot of bang for your buck (tons of content for your money for you international simmers). In TS3 they put items in EPs and in the store that were in base game, blah blah blah. Welp that has been EAs business model for awhile and it doesn't seem like it is going to change.

If you look at TS3 University Life you will notice that tons of new stuff that was added to that EP has already been added to TS4 through other packs.

I think if you level set your expectations you may enjoy the game more.

Is it a perfect game? No. I too am annoyed when things break, or don't work as they promised. AAAANNNNNDDDD, I am one of the simmers who loves TS3 Island Paradise and can't play it because EA/Maxis pushed out a buggy EP and never fixed it. It was left to modders to fix while EA shifted their focus to developing TS4. At least with TS4 when things are broken a fix eventually comes.

So, no I am not slamming you for complaining. Get if off your chest, that's healthy.

I'm just saying level set your expectations.

Cheers
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited November 2019
    BabySquare wrote: »

Completely agree. Instead of forbidding it, IMO it would have been much better if when a sim is preparing a party size or family size serving of food, other sims could join in (ie, click the sim cooking and select 'help prepare [dish name]') - that would be more alng the lines you speak of and that many people experience; multiple friends/family all cooking a meal together.

Why couldn't they have done that instead?

Laziness? 🤔
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    There's some stuff to like, being able to attend from home being one, but then of course you'd miss all the uni "experience". But I'm afraid it will destroy my rotational game. At first I hoped switching families would leave my students in a sort of wait mode as happens for those with jobs if you rotate away for a few days. But after mulling this over I don't think that's the case and it will be more like the freelancer career which you cannot leave because it's time limited by day just like uni will be. So my compromise idea is to play a uni sim for a week through the term and then rotate away to my other families. I only play two families per game but sims at uni will give me three to play unless they choose to attend from home. I still don't know how enrollment will work after the first term. Will the sim going to uni be able to sit in their dorm or wait in their home until I return to choose the classes for next term? I usually play sim families only 3-5 days per turn, not a week, so my game play is already needing to change. Had wanted to send all sims aging up to young adult to uni and some older sims who wanted to change jobs or as a retirement option (glad this can happen). But I still need more info on how the pack will affect rotational players. I don't see myself juggling uni on a daily basis with playing other families as uni will normally need full attention with 4 classes plus home work per term and taking 1 or 2 classes a week will stretch out graduation to an unacceptably long period. Why am I asked to leave other family members in the dust just so one or two sims can go to uni!
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    As a player from a country where dorms aren't even a thing, I am so confused about how they work and what I'm supposed to do with them. Why can't I just build a regular apartment and have a few classmates live there together? And now I hear that you can't even have stoves in these dorms. :o

I barely got through half (?) the live stream until I got so frustrated with the gurus and their apparent lack of cohesiveness and cooperation. I pity the one in the middle, who was the only one that seemed genuinely excited and interested in the pack, and wanted to show off at least some of the new cool features. I thought the robots had potential, especially since I always enjoyed the science/engineer/astronaut careers.

But yeah, I'll probably not get this pack straight away. I haven't even bought the magical one yet.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Shae wrote: »
    I turned the stream off after 10 minutes.

I honestly didn't see anything in this pack to get excited about, not to mention the overall mood of the gurus came across as uninspiring and lackluster. All except SimGuruAzure, that is. She remained positive and upbeat throughout, but even her enthusiasm about the robots weren't enough to hold my interest. If I do decide to get this pack, it will be during a sale, because there is no way I'm paying 40 bucks for it.
    Her enthusiasm about the robots really excited me about the pack for a second there. She was really detailed in telling how they worked and seemed really proud of it, so she probably worked on them specifically, and that's why they're so detailed and well thought out. I really like her A LOT.

Same. She is the queen among the other gurus. They cannot relate to her.