Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University Official Countdown Thread!!!!!!! (Now Available)!!!!!!

Comments

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    doedear wrote: »
    we finally get stalls after all those years! probably five more years till we get bunk beds.

We'll probably get bunk beds in the Sims 5 base game Sims 4 is only going to last until sometime next year or MAYBE early 2021. Then EA will pull the plug on a dying Sims 4 and start giving us Sims 5.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited November 2019
    Ok so, in preparation for this EP, I've decided to re-edit all 800+ of my sims. And when I say re-edit, I mean every single outfit. I'm also adding a zodiac signs mod that adds several different traits to each sim and custom skins.

Here's my check-list, because I feel the need to share. It's a bit ridiculous to me, too.
    Step 1. re-edit 12 households a day
    • add new accessories if needed
    • add new CC beards to select sims/add new CC make-up to select sims
    • add CC skin and URReal bodies (this is a CC skin for bodies that makes them look more realistic)
    • add body hair
    • make sure no one has the same accs/tattoos/outfits/hair
    • change walk styles
    • fix traits/assign zodiacs to all
    • edit alien outfits
    Step 2. enter each household
    • assign careers to select sims
    • use Life Decider mod to randomize traits
    Step 3. make all households unplayed
    • enter main household
    • assign NPC jobs via sim code cheat
    Step 4. go back into each household in CAS and save them to library
    Step 5. use tray importer to sort used vs unused cc

Oh, and an extra step: don't forget to cry and say "what am I doing with my life" while doing each step!

I should be done with step 1 by the time the EP comes out. I want to wait until I get my hands on the pack to assign careers, because I already have my teachers, engineers, and lawyers ready, lol. I'm so excited, both for this pack and to play a game where all of my sims look and act exactly how I want them to.

If this pack pulls a RoM and assigns random sims as students, though... :smile: I'll just :smile: have to edit :smile: those sims :smile: again.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    gemjas wrote: »
    Ok so, in preparation for this EP, I've decided to re-edit all 800+ of my sims. And when I say re-edit, I mean every single outfit. I'm also adding a zodiac signs mod that adds several different traits to each sim and custom skins.

Here's my check-list, because I feel the need to share. It's a bit ridiculous to me, too.

• add CC skin and URReal bodies (this is a CC skin for bodies that makes them look more realistic)
    • add body hair
    • change walk styles
    • edit alien outfits
    • enter main household

Oh, and an extra step: don't forget to cry and say "what am I doing with my life" while doing each step!

I should be done with step 1 by the time the EP comes out. I want to wait until I get my hands on the pack to assign careers, because I already have my teachers, engineers, and lawyers ready, lol. I'm so excited, both for this pack and to play a game where all of my sims look and act exactly how I want them to.

If this pack pulls a RoM and assigns random sims as students, though... :smile: I'll just :smile: have to edit :smile: those sims :smile: again.

Why did you need to edit everybody's outfit? Just curious.
    edited November 2019

• add body hair
    • change walk styles
    • edit alien outfits
    • enter main household

Because I'm a perfectionist and I hated seeing everyone in randomized outfits. I usually do this after sims age up, but I've been lazy and neglected to do so. So, now there are 100s of sims in outfits that are really ugly. I also like to exclusively use CC on my sims, so I have to replace the maxis match clothes, lol.

• add body hair
    • change walk styles
    • edit alien outfits
    • enter main household

Because I'm a perfectionist and I hated seeing everyone in randomized outfits. I usually do this after sims age up, but I've been lazy and neglected to do so. So, now there are 100s of sims in outfits that are really ugly. I also like to exclusively use CC on my sims, so I have to replace the maxis match clothes that are on everyone, lol.

*cringe* I know the feeling. Oftentimes, I let my nonplayed Sims age up in the background and just ignore whatever outfits/hairstyles they were given...until it comes time to update their photos on Plum Tree---then I have to actually go around and make them look presentable. And even then, I'm so lazy that I only do their Everyday outfits.
    edited November 2019
    Accidental double post :#

• add body hair
    • change walk styles
    • edit alien outfits
    • enter main household

Because I'm a perfectionist and I hated seeing everyone in randomized outfits. I usually do this after sims age up, but I've been lazy and neglected to do so for months. So, now there are 100s of sims in outfits that are really ugly. I also like to exclusively use CC on my sims, so I have to replace the maxis match clothes, lol.

Er...?
    edited November 2019

• add body hair
    • change walk styles
    • edit alien outfits
    • enter main household

Because I'm a perfectionist and I hated seeing everyone in randomized outfits. I usually do this after sims age up, but I've been lazy and neglected to do so for months. So, now there are 100s of sims in outfits that are really ugly. I also like to exclusively use CC on my sims, so I have to replace the maxis match clothes, lol.

Er...?

(I somehow accidentally quoted myself when I meant to edit, lol.)
    *cringe* I know the feeling. Oftentimes, I let my nonplayed Sims age up in the background and just ignore whatever outfits/hairstyles they were given...until it comes time to update their photos on Plum Tree---then I have to actually go around and make them look presentable. And even then, I'm so lazy that I only do their Everyday outfits.

But, yeah, I used to only do their everyday outfits, too, but the outfits that I saw during the hot/cold seasons were just... yikes. I couldn't take it, lol. And then I figured, I might as well do every other outfit, too. And I could maybe use that one mod that adds a dress code for a lot trait. Like party, formal, etc. And I also figured that I'd be throwing more parties with DU, so everyone needed to have a new party outfit.

I also just like being in CAS, if I'm being honest.
  • dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    I can't wait, wish it was a weeks time already
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    the pack looks good
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    it does not look like there will be new whims though :/
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    I really like how the dorms look!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    It seems more interesting than I expected it to be. I wish I could take the day off work, but hopefully I can have the following Monday for a nice long weekend play.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I'm 39 weeks pregnant, waiting for my baby to make an appearance. Wish the pack was playable now while I was waiting! I preordered, but not sure when I'll actually be able to play. Possibly over Thanksgiving?
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I'm 39 weeks pregnant, waiting for my baby to make an appearance. Wish the pack was playable now while I was waiting! I preordered, but not sure when I'll actually be able to play. Possibly over Thanksgiving?

Congrats! My neighbour is in the same condition. I told her babe was waiting to show up on my birthday on the 19th. I don't think she was amused. Ha ha Its her first.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    I really like how the dorms look!

the dorms are cool
  • InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    edited November 2019
    Watching the live stream just made me want it to be time now lol
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    6 Days!!!!!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Watching the live stream just made me want it to be time now lol

i avoided the livestream. not on purpose. i have a new intrest . reborn dolls so i was on fb. and looking at clothes at target new borns are tiny. lolbut my time waiting for the pack seems to be going faster now.

see how i tied that in?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I didn't get a chance to see the livestream, did they confirm how ageing happens and if it's YAs that go off to uni, or teens who magically age up to YA a la TS2?
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I didn't get a chance to see the livestream, did they confirm how ageing happens and if it's YAs that go off to uni, or teens who magically age up to YA a la TS2?

Ageing works as normal.
    Teens can visit Uni and read some information about it, but they have to be young adults to enroll.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »

Ageing works as normal.
    Teens can visit Uni and read some information about it, but they have to be young adults to enroll.

Thanks!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Ageing works as normal.

Thanks!

I have aging set to off for now.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Ageing works as normal.

Thanks!

I have aging set to off for now.

me too. and somehow this time around one of the twins aged to teen before his older siblings . hes 4th of 6 well their were 6 now theres 10, total.
  • butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I may try it both ways, with aging turned off once through and aging turned on once through. Not sure how it will work.