Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

your top three things you want next year in sims 4

Comments

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited November 2019
    Hmm, this one is difficult. I have quite a long wish list and would love a lot of the ideas posted here, but I know werewolves are right at the top. Two more things I would love are free babies (with buggies also for toddlers) and an improved romance system (esp. cuddling in bed. I really miss that).
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    • More traits and aspirations
    • Werewolves!
    • More hobbies like bands, pottery, etc
    • Clothes, activities, etc for life stages that aren’t YA.
    • More vacation worlds
    • Actually just give me more worlds like Windenburg :D
    • Changes to family trees, making them recognize more complicated relationships (hopefully that makes sense)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    The #1 thing I would like to see are personality enhancers, such as adding fears (and new whims), zodiac signs, and favorites & hates (such as music type, food, hobby/skill, etc).
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Werewolves

Themepark/Thrill rides

An overhaul of the family interactions so grandma isn't trying to set up her married grandson on a blind date with a total stranger (among other interactions that do more to disrupt family immersion than the lack of activities for kids. Like being sad for 2 days over the death of a grandparent you never met...)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    1) To stop hearing about how “expensive” and “time consuming” it is to create animations. It’s a cartoon, It’s a video game. They move. That’s like the main point. I don’t know why some Maxis comments are like “how dare Simmers ask for more animations! The nerve!” I’m not reading a book here, I’m trying to play your controllable cartoon. 🤷🏽‍♀️

2) Every single hobby that can possibly fit. Bands, sports, craft making, horseback riding. I’ll take anything. Call it “Get a Life!”

2b) Less leaning on career and skill reward rooms and outfits. Instead add in cooler activities that can be unlocked as Sims progress through their job and hobby levels.

3) When a friend calls to invite my Sim out, it’d be cool to be able to say “sounds fun meet you in an hour” so my Sim can finish up their water drinking first.

I agree about the animations lol. You're right, that's the whole point to the game 🤣! It's one of the major things I feel is lacking.

Lol@ get a life
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This thread said not to mention gamepacks so I didn't say it. But since many already mentioned it I'm just throwing werewolves out there since they are high on my list 😅😅😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    Swimming in the sea in all locations
    I could go on........
  • EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    1. Freed babies
    2. Rock bands (or at least a drum kit, electric and bass guitars)
    3. Freed babies 😄
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Freed babies is a popular choice. Almost makes me want to have one to see what you're all talking about lol
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I know I already made my list and I want to acknowledge that I'm aware that I specifically chose some complicated base game adjustments. But here's my more "short term" list of things that could come in a pack release. (Just in case the base game is stuck where it is and I can't get my wishes, lol.)

1. Fears and Flaws. Okay, I know I put this in my last post but instead of this requiring the long, complicated process of adding an actual Fear emotion, this would be a system similar to the Vampire weaknesses where we could choose from a grid and it would affect Sim behavior and reactions. Yes, it would be recycling a feature, but a great feature nonetheless. Recycling can be your friend. As long as behaviors and animations actually played out in response the way Vampires do to their weaknesses, this could make the game much more interesting. But I have to add that I still really, really think that Fear emotion should be put in. The emotions remain unfinished without it.

2. Werewolves! Please, please, pretty please? With snouts on top? I want snouted Werewolves with fur and claws. But they should also have the normal, human Sim form too. Maybe at night they automatically shapeshift but you can earn skill points to control it more. They could have a Carnivorous trait and be immune to angry death. They should have options to be "pack oriented" or "lone wolf" (aspirations?) They should have a special affinity with canines for those who have Cats and Dogs. They definitely should be able to fight each other (and Vampires!) and have a Rank system for becoming Alpha Wolf. I think there should be special "pack" interactions and behaviors. I kind of picture them being tribal, with a drum circle, howling together at the moon. In hybrid form, their Fitness levels should buff so they are more difficult to beat in a fight. Maybe they could have heightened senses, have natural affinities for outdoorsy skills and traits, and shorter tempers. The gameplay could include the inner struggle of keeping the Beast inside because Sims would react negatively (Here's where Fear comes in. ;) ) to the Beast Form. So, for example, a Werewolf in college would have to keep his temper down, maintain his Hunger rating (meat!), and not stray too far from the outdoors or he would start to become in danger of shifting from the stress. Of course, the higher Rank they earn, the more they can control it.

I know that Sims 4 is more cartoony, but I'm just going to put this video here to show that animalistic features can be done in CAS. Of course, I'd prefer them a little toothier and more fierce with more feature options, and the devs could fine tune it, but this is the closest I've found to what could still be a flexible CAS for their physical features.

https://youtu.be/N7H_67g7xiM

3. Oh, the last one is so hard to choose! But I've decided to go with ...SuperSims! (I know, not a fan favorite.) But hear me out. If you have Superheroes, you need to have crime, or else there's nothing too "Super" about them. We've had Superheroes and Villains in Sims 2 at the top of certain careers and I always wanted to be able to do more with them. But imagine having crimes in the game. We have no active police so what are Sims to do? Use the Llama symbol and call Captain Llama and her sidekick The Freezer Bunny, to save you! Lol. I just think that San Myshuno would be so much more interesting if you could witness a purse snatching or a thief crawling out a window, or a dog kidnapping. The crimes wouldn't have to be graphic or violent, they should retain the classic Sims humor. Maybe a criminal jumps down into a sewer to escape and if you follow, you end up in a secret lot to take them down. We could have a new big urban city (with cars and stuff!) and the build/buy would have secret headquarters items. And, you know, we could actually put to use that "Villainy" major in University. ;) I'd love to have a Supervillain who sends their minions to cause crime around the neighborhood and steals candy from toddlers and taunts the elderly and steals and breaks things and causes misery until their Nemesis Hero comes to stop them, lol.

I think your idea about weakness for our sims is really cool @LiELF
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    edited November 2019
    My top 3 would be
    - Free Babies
    - Add Burglars
    - Add more gameplay (EP's have been lackluster).

I'm getting bored with the sims 4 now and its kind of sad because the sims was through my whole childhood.

yes I would like some packs that had all gameplay with no new world
    just so we could get more game play @HeyItsKoffee
    oh and I miss burglars to
    Ennael wrote: »
    1. Freed babies
    2. Rock bands (or at least a drum kit, electric and bass guitars)
    3. Freed babies 😄

I hope you get your wishes @Ennael
    and welcome to the forum
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Bands/orchestras/musical instruments including a saxophone
    The ability to make our Sims part animal, like werewolves or dog Sims and cat Sims and llama Sims
    More quirky packs like Strangerville
    (I'm cheating and adding a fourth: improved family relationships)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    Anything what group of 2+ sims can do together , from child to elder. (I left out toddlers in purpose, as I wish more group activities at communitylots/clubs)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    I could go on........

well it sounds like you want Swimming in the sea in all locations lol
    that would be nice
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Spiral stairs and bug fixes! :)
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,372 Member
    More animals/pets
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Body Hair
    Werewolves
    more development for Elder Sims
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Okay, agree with a lot of the listed wants, and some of my wants duplicate others, but I'm listing what popped into my head first after reading the title.

1. THE Very Top Want for me is Romance - There's very little in the game right now. Your Sim can meet someone, get engaged, married and have a kid on the way within a couple hours. I know some Simmers like that, but I wish finding a partner was a more meaningful, gradual process with all the necessary actions to accomplish that added.

Bring back all the lovely animations we've already enjoyed such as slow dancing, I miss that SO much. Also, cuddling/spooning in bed, REAL make-out on the couch, playing footsie/table proposals, the photobooth and add new stuff such as holding hands, cuddling while star/cloudgazing, scheduled dates, more lingerie, wedding attire/accouterments, etc., etc. Well anyway, there's numerous threads on here listing all the romance stuff Simmers want, so I'll stop.

2. More aware/reactive Sims - Cheating, fighting, vampires, ghosts, etc. Our Sims need to have stronger reactions that last more than a few minutes or until they walk by a 'nicely decorated' painting. Bring back the cool down period for these things and implement a fear emotion.

3. Body hair - Just some chest hair would suffice, but I'd love more than that.

Bonus: Doorbells!

Double Bonus: I know you said don't mention packs but, well...if you had asked that I'd have said; Farming, Hobbies and maybe a pack called something like, 'Get Moving' that would include all kinds of vehicles (including multi-Sim boats) and their related careers/NPCs.

Happy Simming! <3
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I will kinda have everything I want in the game as soon as Discover University drops. Having said that I wouldnt mind...:

1) A new empty world a la Newcrest, or even buyable worlds like I heard there was in Sims 3.
    2) Something totally new that we haven't had before. Surprise me!
    3) Activities that Sims do together, like Marco Polo and Playing tag for the kids. My Sims don't seem to do stuff together autonomously.
    4) Fix all the bugs

I added roommate to the things we got this year
  • kora2daykora2day Posts: 20 Member
    > @popstarissa said:
    > 1) To stop hearing about how “expensive” and “time consuming” it is to create animations. It’s a cartoon, It’s a video game. They move. That’s like the main point. I don’t know why some Maxis comments are like “how dare Simmers ask for more animations! The nerve!” I’m not reading a book here, I’m trying to play your controllable cartoon. 🤷🏽‍♀️
    >
    > 2) Every single hobby that can possibly fit. Bands, sports, craft making, horseback riding. I’ll take anything. Call it “Get a Life!”
    >
    > 2b) Less leaning on career and skill reward rooms and outfits. Instead add in cooler activities that can be unlocked as Sims progress through their job and hobby levels.
    >
    > 3) When a friend calls to invite my Sim out, it’d be cool to be able to say “sounds fun meet you in an hour” so my Sim can finish up their water drinking first.

Spent some time reading through responses and the biggest one for me would be the third one here! I almost never have my sim go out with someone when they ask because I want them to finish the thing they are doing before leaving!
  • kora2daykora2day Posts: 20 Member
    After looking through most of the posts, these are the 3 that stuck with me;

Firefighter/EMT Career option (Could be a single career that's split like the chef/bartender line, not even looking for it to be active)
    Farming
    Hobbies, Including bands (seems like it could be added using the clubs mechanic)

Bonus: The ability to answer a call of "wanna hang out" with "sure, meet in an hour?" so you can finish the thing your sim was doing before leaving, would also allow them to "get ready" like putting on an outfit or taking a shower which would add some realism to the interaction.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Cold weather seasonal fashion.

Ever since summer and winter categories were introduced with Seasons the latter was totally neglected, so I really hope for some Winter Whatever pack that keeps my sims warm.

As for two and three, bug fixes are always welcome.
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    1) To stop hearing about how “expensive” and “time consuming” it is to create animations. It’s a cartoon, It’s a video game. They move. That’s like the main point. I don’t know why some Maxis comments are like “how dare Simmers ask for more animations! The nerve!” I’m not reading a book here, I’m trying to play your controllable cartoon.

No. You clearly have done zero research on the matter and have never animated something in your life.

Animation is one of the most tedious, time-consuming, frustrating experiences in existence. We are not talking about pulling a rig into Blender and moving bones to create a simple hug as most Sims players do, it is far more laborious than that.

To make a drinking animation, you have to animate the neck, head, eyes, mouth, chin, nose, shoulders, arms, fingers, and the object as a base. You then need to consider the fact that the Sim could be doing something else, which you also have to animate. Is the Sim talking while drinking? You have to make that, too. You are not making one animation, you are making a lot of them for one purpose.

Then, they have to make sure these animations fit into the style of the game, work with objects, do not cause weird glitches, and do not cause performance issues as the animation is too long and/or too short.

When I did animation, we spent a month making a simple handshake. A month. When we submitted it, the animation did not work and we had to go back and check each key, each frame, each split-second of that animation to figure out what caused the issue.

So, EA has a right to tell people to chill. If you want more animations, download some rigs, download Blender, and do it yourself. Judging from how high and mighty you are about it, you should be adept at it. I await your animations and content.

As for my three points:

1. I would love to see more content for children, such as sleepovers, bunkbeds, forts, et cetera

2. A hobbies pack

3. More traits and personality for our Sims