Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

your top three things you want next year in sims 4

Comments

• HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Hobbies
    Attraction System
    Cars
  • psychoticapsychotica Posts: 215 Member
    Horses
  • Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    Hobbies
    More vacations
    Free the babies
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    There are many things I want, but let’s be realistic, this is what I want and also think is possible:

1. Farming
    2. More hobbies for both kids and YA’s
    3. Horses ( or actually, my daughter wants a unicorn 😂)

So, we’ll see what 2020 brings!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,950 Member
    1. Couple dancing with various different styles
    2. ladder stairs (that take one square)
    3. hobbies (especially something like embroidery or knitting)

have been what i have wanted since this game was released

In packs top 3 themes would be

1.Romance
    2. Hobbies
    3. ancient anything
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited November 2019
    1. horses/riding
    2. improved romance system with likes and dislikes or something similar
    3. personality/trait overhaul, characteristics that don't depend on the mood
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    An overhauled whim system
    Some kind of attraction/chemistry system and new associated interactions
    An Alpine vacation world GP
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited November 2019
    Werewolves.
    I love that we got witches and mermaids this year, so I just hope the werewoofs are next on the occult list. My werewolf sims need to be actual werewolves before I want to play them.
    Also hoping for a customizable wolfy-looking werewolf form here.

An in-depth hobby gamepack.
    More hobbies.... and also bring back some sort of interest system like Sims 2 had!

Off-the-grid improvements.
    Some items that look like they should work off the grid just don't. For example, the bath tubs you can create on the work bench. Several lamps as well. I don't want my ancient sims to use the shower, I want them to use wooden bathtubs, and it's just not an option?? I'd complain less about this if I could just fix that in sims4studio myself, but I can't find the option.

Also, off the grid farming. Let my sims live completely off the land. That would be great.

I also want actual spiral staircases and bunk beds, but the configurable stairs are good enough for now, and I'm hoping to get bunk beds in the university patch. Who knows!

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    - More afterschool activities
    - Less quirky genetics
    - Magic for kids
    - Rodeo fun
    - Deletable babies
    - China, Egypt & France vacation destination
    - Werewolves
    - Child mermaid form
    - Spiral stairs
    - Changing table for babies and toddlers

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    My top 3 would be
    - Free Babies
    - Add Burglars
    - Add more gameplay (EP's have been lackluster).

I'm getting bored with the sims 4 now and its kind of sad because the sims was through my whole childhood.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I'll pick one for each part of the game:

Build mode: bunk beds
    CAS/Sims: infant stage (crawling, clothes, xylophones, etc)
    Gameplay: werewolves
  • daisy9403daisy9403 Posts: 8 New Member
    Hobbies
    New sleepwear/underwear
    Paranormal career
    More innovative pack themes (Strangerville was a good start)
    Faeries life state
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Whims to be fixed.

New player. What is wrong with Whims?

some of the whims don't fulfill at the moment and some people think they need to be improved over all
    so tell me new player what top three things do you want next year @Alwe1507

Hmm...🤔

1. Adventure / Puzzle gameplay. TS3 had an awesome adventure where you could go treasure hunting in crypts etc.
    2. Cars. Apparently, there aren't any!
    3. ...pending further gaming hours. Not sure yet 😉

Why do people want trait and moodlet overhauls?

sounds like you might like this pack @Alwe1507
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTgUlEZqgk
    also freed babies means they want babies your sim can carry around right now they can't do that in sims 4

It has been recommended to me. Thank you ☺

Oh I see. I've not had a baby born yet so wasn't aware.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    1. A new family-play pack (Yes, I know we have Parenthood, but it's not gonna stop me from wishing!)
    2. More activities for children/teens
    3. LOTS and LOTS of bug fixes.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    1. A new family-play pack (Yes, I know we have Parenthood, but it's not gonna stop me from wishing!)
    2. More activities for children/teens
    3. LOTS and LOTS of bug fixes.

I really want a family pack to @nerdfashion
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Whims to be fixed.

New player. What is wrong with Whims?

some of the whims don't fulfill at the moment and some people think they need to be improved over all
    so tell me new player what top three things do you want next year @Alwe1507

Hmm...🤔

1. Adventure / Puzzle gameplay. TS3 had an awesome adventure where you could go treasure hunting in crypts etc.
    2. Cars. Apparently, there aren't any!
    3. ...pending further gaming hours. Not sure yet 😉

Why do people want trait and moodlet overhauls?

sounds like you might like this pack @Alwe1507
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTgUlEZqgk
    also freed babies means they want babies your sim can carry around right now they can't do that in sims 4

It has been recommended to me. Thank you ☺

Oh I see. I've not had a baby born yet so wasn't aware.

I would also really like another adventure pack @Alwe1507
    daisy9403 wrote: »
    Hobbies
    New sleepwear/underwear
    Paranormal career
    More innovative pack themes (Strangerville was a good start)
    Faeries life state

yes @daisy9403 hobbies are a much needed thing in sims 4
    and I also enjoyed Strangerville I think a Paranormal career would be nice
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    There is so much that the game needs...but here are the first 3 things that come to mind:

-Farming/off the grid/alternative lifestyle pack
    -Hobbies, some of them focusing more on the forgotten life stages and some of them made specifically for groups
    -A trait and aspirations overhaul (also for kids, they have the same 4 aspirations since the beginning!!!)
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    I'm with Kimmer, i've been wanting spiral stairs, i think it would work in DU, where space is an issue, and more active sports for teens, and more partime jobs for teens.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited November 2019
    traits overhaul
    emotions overhaul
    draggable cribs
    ROYAL PACK
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I know I already made my list and I want to acknowledge that I'm aware that I specifically chose some complicated base game adjustments. But here's my more "short term" list of things that could come in a pack release. (Just in case the base game is stuck where it is and I can't get my wishes, lol.)

1. Fears and Flaws. Okay, I know I put this in my last post but instead of this requiring the long, complicated process of adding an actual Fear emotion, this would be a system similar to the Vampire weaknesses where we could choose from a grid and it would affect Sim behavior and reactions. Yes, it would be recycling a feature, but a great feature nonetheless. Recycling can be your friend. As long as behaviors and animations actually played out in response the way Vampires do to their weaknesses, this could make the game much more interesting. But I have to add that I still really, really think that Fear emotion should be put in. The emotions remain unfinished without it.

2. Werewolves! Please, please, pretty please? With snouts on top? I want snouted Werewolves with fur and claws. But they should also have the normal, human Sim form too. Maybe at night they automatically shapeshift but you can earn skill points to control it more. They could have a Carnivorous trait and be immune to angry death. They should have options to be "pack oriented" or "lone wolf" (aspirations?) They should have a special affinity with canines for those who have Cats and Dogs. They definitely should be able to fight each other (and Vampires!) and have a Rank system for becoming Alpha Wolf. I think there should be special "pack" interactions and behaviors. I kind of picture them being tribal, with a drum circle, howling together at the moon. In hybrid form, their Fitness levels should buff so they are more difficult to beat in a fight. Maybe they could have heightened senses, have natural affinities for outdoorsy skills and traits, and shorter tempers. The gameplay could include the inner struggle of keeping the Beast inside because Sims would react negatively (Here's where Fear comes in. ;) ) to the Beast Form. So, for example, a Werewolf in college would have to keep his temper down, maintain his Hunger rating (meat!), and not stray too far from the outdoors or he would start to become in danger of shifting from the stress. Of course, the higher Rank they earn, the more they can control it.

I know that Sims 4 is more cartoony, but I'm just going to put this video here to show that animalistic features can be done in CAS. Of course, I'd prefer them a little toothier and more fierce with more feature options, and the devs could fine tune it, but this is the closest I've found to what could still be a flexible CAS for their physical features.

https://youtu.be/N7H_67g7xiM

3. Oh, the last one is so hard to choose! But I've decided to go with ...SuperSims! (I know, not a fan favorite.) But hear me out. If you have Superheroes, you need to have crime, or else there's nothing too "Super" about them. We've had Superheroes and Villains in Sims 2 at the top of certain careers and I always wanted to be able to do more with them. But imagine having crimes in the game. We have no active police so what are Sims to do? Use the Llama symbol and call Captain Llama and her sidekick The Freezer Bunny, to save you! Lol. I just think that San Myshuno would be so much more interesting if you could witness a purse snatching or a thief crawling out a window, or a dog kidnapping. The crimes wouldn't have to be graphic or violent, they should retain the classic Sims humor. Maybe a criminal jumps down into a sewer to escape and if you follow, you end up in a secret lot to take them down. We could have a new big urban city (with cars and stuff!) and the build/buy would have secret headquarters items. And, you know, we could actually put to use that "Villainy" major in University. ;) I'd love to have a Supervillain who sends their minions to cause crime around the neighborhood and steals candy from toddlers and taunts the elderly and steals and breaks things and causes misery until their Nemesis Hero comes to stop them, lol.

#Team Occult
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    ROYAL PACK
    Maybe you could have fun with this?

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2019
    1. Whims Overhaul. Make whims better suit the traits of a sim. Add many, many more whims. Make sure it isn’t buggy.
    2. Hobbies and interests to explore. These should be deeply rooted in a sim’s personality and lead them in what they choose to do autonomously.
    3. Turn ons/offs and an attraction system that takes traits into account. Chemistry between sims is what I want to see.

Let those who want it to be more flexible use cheats! I feel like everything is made to ensure compatibility with everything else and it’s boring.

ETA: I also really want a middle-aged life stage. The transition from adult to elder is too abrupt.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    1. Trait overhaul. More traits, traits that have more meaning to them, and let us have more traits on a sim. I don't want to waste a valuable and limited slot on something like "Vegetarian" or "Cat Lover."
    2. Hobbies. Give my sims something to do during their downtime. All they can really do now is skill build, play with electronics or talk to people. Doubly so for kids, since they can't do much of anything right now.
    3. Create-a-World.

Honorable mentions: Swimming in worlds besides Sulani, revamping old neighborhoods to include more lots, freed babies, townie overhaul, the ability to stop/control culling, unnatural hair colors for kids, more afterschool activities for kids, drums, sports, and upping the amount of sims we can have favorited.

And dream packs because why not?
    1. Bands.
    2. Farming.
    3. Another vacation pack. Preferably one focused on hanging out, sight-seeing, getting souvenirs, experiencing culture and actually going on a vacation. Selvadorada had nothing if you weren't an Archaeologist, and the only thing that made Granite Falls different from Willow Creek/Newcrest was that you had to wander around and eat bugs.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017