Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only Discover University complaining thread!

Comments

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    2fab4uboo wrote: »
    The more they reveal about this EP the less impressed I am. If it's boring to read about it's going to be boring to play. All the old things that made university fun aren't included in this pack and all the "new" addition to this pack is just meh. Different day same story:reduce, reuse, recycle. They talk about how sims can dance, but they don't mention any new dance moves. I'm skeptical of the whole soccer thing because sims just kicking a soccer ball around does not equate to playing soccer. Everything the sims can do at university the can do anywhere else. What is unique about this EP that's gonna want to make people hand over forty of their hard earned dollars?

Exactly and as mentioned before. The Sims 4 marketing team thinks we are a bunch of kids only using our smartphones to get everything done and trying to be insta-famous or something.
    And the worst is that they seem to seriously believe that we do not pick up on these repeated 'features' that are just getting a different coat in each new pack.
    Do they seriously think we are that dumb to not realize chilling or partying with friends does not mean anything in this game. This is their idea of click and choose some friends, meet at one of the thousand bars spread in all worlds, choose drinks from a list that keeps on growing with every EP and then trying to socialize with each other. That was literally the FIRST thing they showed us when The sims 4 came out. Seriously?? How are they not bored from it themselves.. oh wait.. they do not play the way we do.. and so much more greedy reasons behind this as well.
    Wear pride clothes?? Come on! That should not even be mentioned as a feature on the cover. The simmers can perfectly find that one out by themselves. It is just proof that they have nothing else in stock or us, cause it seems like mentioning 3-5 new features on the EP cover would close all the new content already. Busted?

• SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited November 2019
    Education, law, and engineering careers, but no education, law, or engineering degrees. :( Teh sads...
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    It does seem to be all about the party and my sims already have enough party items they don't even use right. They basically never even talk to each other unless I force them. They probably won't choose to use these new party items either. Seems my sims would rather use their phones, or get a glass of water than do group activities and dance or even talk to each other.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    The more they reveal about this EP the less impressed I am. If it's boring to read about it's going to be boring to play. All the old things that made university fun aren't included in this pack and all the "new" addition to this pack is just meh. Different day same story:reduce, reuse, recycle. They talk about how sims can dance, but they don't mention any new dance moves. I'm skeptical of the whole soccer thing because sims just kicking a soccer ball around does not equate to playing soccer. Everything the sims can do at university the can do anywhere else. What is unique about this EP that's gonna want to make people hand over forty of their hard earned dollars?

Doesn't appear to be much uniqueness or wow factor...but the PTB's are counting on the "I love the sims 4 simmers, the die hards who don't care about uniqueness, and those who will buy because it has the Sims name on it...and they will buy it in droves. To be perfectly honest...I wish I had something to sell them that would make me a mint of money for reusing and recycling the same old same old. :grin: I'm not buying, but sure wish I could sell and retire early.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member

This in a nutshell. They “still” have yet to show any active classes or careers because theres not any. Their selling us recycled objects not true gameplay. Their just waiting until Friday to break the news. Mark my words.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited November 2019
    Possible downside: the exclusive focus (again) on the young adult life stage with very little for toddlers, children or teens to do (and probably no CAS stuff for them either). I guess teens will be able to ride bicycles but (so far) it seems like we won't be getting bicycles for kids, which is an absolute shame since they really deserve them (and it would be super cute as well!) Heck, we should also get tricycles for toddlers too, that raise movement skill. We also don't know yet if there are after school clubs or new activities that can help kids and teens get ready for university in the future, or aptitude tests based on scouting, drama club or whatever. Of course we would need more after school activities for aptitude tests to work! It's just too bad that there aren't more extra-curricular activities and skills for kids in game already because they really could have made a difference in a pack like this.

Possible upside: I am pleased with the blog's announcement of the number of existing majors/ degree types (13!) -- the most that we have ever seen in a Sims game, and 1 more than Sims 2 had even. I hope they do have a real impact on both the existing and new careers and that it makes a real difference (not just in money but in new abilities or faster levelling up or better promotion perks) to have a college degree, as well as some kind of more minor difference as to whether your sim has a degree or a distinguished degree. I do like that the two universities have different specialities and an ongoing rivalry, too -- I don't think they've done that before. It also seems from the trailer that you can transfer between the schools, lose scholarships and take out student loans.
    Post edited by simfriend1968 on
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    edited November 2019
    Well, I’m already seeing it on sale (30% off) and it hasn’t even released yet. Not a good sign.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Well, I’m already seeing it on sale (30% off) and it hasn’t even released yet. Not a good sign.

:O Oh where??
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Classes are rabbitholes. There, I said it.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    am i the only one who's more excited for the inevitable huge pre-patch for this reason?
    y'all got bread?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    am i the only one who's more excited for the inevitable huge pre-patch for this reason?

NO! That patch is all I'm excited about! I'm just praying it has the ROM fixes I need. I really want a potion shop and a reason to have a magical legacy where the bloodlines mean something and actually work and stop resetting and glitching out.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited November 2019
    All classes are rabbit holes. That’s lame. Thirteen majors but I believe some repeat like the arts and every one is a rabbit hole.

But never mind because your sims can party! And wear horrible outfits to show school pride. (Seriously EA!?)
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    All classes are rabbit holes. That’s lame. Thirteen majors but I believe some repeat like the arts and every one is a rabbit hole.

But never mind because your sims can party! And wear horrible outfits to show school pride. (Seriously EA!?)

Is that actually true about the classess being rabbit holes? I hope not.

I really, really don't understand the whole "party at college" lifestyle, then again I grew up in Australia, spent two hours on public transport to get to university, did the best I could until I had to drop out due to moving to New Zealand. These trailers are not what I want to see, I was hoping for active career style classes or at least a work from home option (watch lecture online, research for assignment, improve related skills and so on) and yet all I've seen is a degree list.

I know every degree can't be active but I was excited about the educational part of this pack, not the "additions" to the "so pointless you're better off talking to plants" social system...

The kicker? I play on console! So the pack will release riddled with bugs because the devs don't patch it during the porting process. "delay the release to fix bugs? Nah we got a release date to keep, we'll patch it later"

I'd rather buy My First Pet Stuff- oh wait, it's not on console yet because they can't figure out how to port DLC for DLC and won't tell us what the problem is but "they're working on it".

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Look in the bright side: console will not get the inevitable day one bug that somehow slipped through testing. Console didn’t get the RoM crashing bug but it does have others.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Still not impressed...
    I didn't see any classes...I just saw glorified hanging out and goofing off.

But I am kinda glad we may get to bring toddlers.
    I agree.
    Even though it’s neat that toddlers won’t hold any sims back from attending university, I don’t see how that’s “Life Goals!” as exclaimed in the trailer.

Why, I dislike the wording.Im glad there not stigmaing against's young mom's for getting education.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I say that just because people loved University last time doesn't mean it'll be good this time. Wiser to err on the side of caution here.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member

Look in the bright side: console will not get the inevitable day one bug that somehow slipped through testing. Console didn’t get the RoM crashing bug but it does have others.

Ah rabbit holes, so time management? Hopefully we get some sort of challenge if we're not getting depth or engaging gameplay...

Console has the bugged magical bloodlines! I found that out after I bought the pack and it killed any motivation I had to play a spellcaster. Hell, I still remember the one island living bug that hard crashed my console whenever I placed a door or something.

It took over a year to fix vampires after they broke so badly one of the stopgap measures to fix a bug is still in the game.

Why must every new pack launch broken or break something else? I'm just mostly annoyed more than anything, I'm a gameplay orientated player- kids are boring, teens are just YA forced to go to school, relationships are hollow and replayability is nonexistent for a lot of packs.

I'm not asking for frustrating levels of difficulty but thought I was playing a life sim, not Barbie. Give me something productive to do, not another way to make my sims get a 2 hour buff...

I am hopeful about the robots though. Maybe my wanted depth is found in metal and circuit boards. Worst case scenario I could roll a vampire and terrorize the campus between classes.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    lectures would be utterly boring tho, it'd be the same experience as visiting the library and sims can't even sit properly without routing errors in weddings.

aside from that, there will be a lot of majors, and they can't even execute those three careers from get to work without encountering them annoying bugs. and im shookt that we'll be getting a lot of majors this time.

and honestly, it'd feel like more of a chore and repetitive than actual having fun.
    y'all got bread?
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    This is my second post I have been reading more about it and seeing the pictures and videos it really looks boring I dont' even think that there is going to be any furniture or clothing that would give me a reason to buy it. Second one I haven't bought didn't buy the Magic one either I just have to keep hoping other people Moder's will make something once University comes out. EA really is getting lazy. Copy Copy Copy from Sims 3 all the time half finished. Glad I can Rave on here.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    lectures would be utterly boring tho, it'd be the same experience as visiting the library and sims can't even sit properly without routing errors in weddings.

and honestly, it'd feel like more of a chore and repetitive than actual having fun.

Active careers don't require you to follow your sim to work. Active classes could have worked the exact same way, letting players skip parts they don't want while other players get to experience those elements.

And classes could have included more gameplay than just "sit here", especially if the teaching career had been open (let sims be full-time professors, or let students take part-time TA positions).
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Just watching the gameplay trailer again and I think it's fine overall, a big old meh on the excided scale. However, I was cringing so hard from all the trendy Instagram/Facebook/Tumblr speak. xD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member

Right! Why am I not surprised ..sigh..
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “