Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help CAW - No Schools In Town

I edited a world in several testing phases and built lots in TS3 in game mode. I use CC and namely the rabbithole rugs. Up until I got to the final iteration of the edit, I was able to play test normally without any errors. However, in the final version, I have "no school" available to all children even when they age up, except for 3 (3 out of 20 are assigned to the school, but always only the same ones). I have to manually select a school using NRaas master controller because there are no options on the school to enroll or go to.

I tried with the rabbithole rug removed and an actual school building. Is this version just messed up beyond repair? Or is there some way to fix this in CAW? Does anyone know any advanced techniques to remedy this?

Comments

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Mstybl95 Stuff like this is why I don't use mods or CC in my games. If I were you I would just quit with those rabbit hole rugs and use the smallest non CC rabbit hole buildings you have in the game and place them in the basement of the buildings. You might want to start creating a new map, only this time with just a single residential lot, a child, a teenager and an adult or young adult sim, and place another lot with a school in it on the new map. See if that works. That way at least you'll know if the problem is global to your entire Sims 3 game, or just that particular map.
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I know it's not global because other world's can use the school (rugs) just fine. And I did test the world without mods and it still does the same thing.

I'm guessing this world is just messed up beyond repair and I have to start over. 😞 I will remember to save test versions next time.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Make sure you have plenty of space around the rug or they can't/won't enter.