Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clubs Clubs Clubs!!

Comments

• Options
    islerouxisleroux Posts: 704 Member
    DMDCT wrote: »
    @isleroux I've been meaning to ask you how you manage to get all those custom paintings into your builds? I assume it's a mod perhaps? Whatever it is, I have no idea how you do it and I've looked far and wide without success. I'd love to know how you manage to do that.

When I used lots from the gallery, they sometimes had custom paintings included. The credit for the "painters" should be logged into the lot blurb. In general though, I tend to use paintings by @SurfChicCreation as they are crystal clear and high quality. Also, when you hover over the painting you can see her credit which is nice. Now, how these custom painting simmers work their magic I'm not 100% sure. There are tutorials out there, but I think you need the Sims 4 Studio. I have tagged SufChic here so I hope she sees this and can answer you.
    By the way, Bienchen has just updated her townieoverhaul mod!
    Excellent!!
    Also, good luck with having a tragic clown in your game! He seems to always show up at the worst possible moments for me, like during important dates, before major auditions and acting gigs... things like that. He is Murphy's Law incarnate!

Oh no...what have I started? :D

tumblr_pen9rswoMU1uuyyy0o2_400.png
    º ✿ º Gallery º ✿ º Simblr º ✿ º My CC º ✿ º Dizzy Isy Save File º ✿ º
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I use the clubs and club meetings to fill up community lots that without this are too empty for my taste, yoga club in the park, splash club in the community pool, Lounge Lizards in the Lounge... and so on. They're mostly there whenever my sims visit a location
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    TimMercadoTimMercado Posts: 4 New Member
    @DMDCT said:
    (Quote)
    Here's a list of the packages I'm using at the moment and I'm sure it'll be similar for your setup:

sims4me_townieoverhaul_lessfame.package
    sims4me_townieoverhaul_lessfame_lessnewislanders
    sims4me_townieoverhaul_lessfame_nohiddenpetstrays
    sims4me_townieoverhaul_lessfame_nonewaliens
    sims4me_townieoverhaul_lessfame_nonewlygeneratedsages
    sims4me_townieoverhaul_lessfame_nonewlygeneratedspellcasters
    sims4me_townieoverhaul_lessfame_nonewnatives
    sims4me_townieoverhaul_lessfame_nonewstrangervillesims
    sims4me_townieoverhaul_lessfame_unimportantsims_allpacksneeded

Oh wow, thanks a ton for this advice DMDCT! This is ABSOLUTE GOLD.

But on the topic of clubs again, I'm very very thankful to *everyone* here who's given such great ideas. I've only been playing this game for, I dunno, maybe 2 months now? So much to learn!!! Catching Clement Frost on fire on my first Winterfest, hoping to Dear Lord that I can keep my toddlers fed and skilled before they become kids, wondering why Nancy Landgraab continues to visit for the seemingly-sole purpose of doing nose-dives off my diving board and into my pool... Trying to keep every sim fed while at the same time refraining from getting *yet another glass of water*.... And then, the mods, wow... so many, offering so much in terms of gameplay and general fixes... I barely had any time yet to really get into clubs.

So this thread has been *perfect*! Thank you people! Nice to meet you all as well.
  • Options
    DMDCTDMDCT Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
  • Options
    I know a lot of people have been complaining about sims constantly fetching glasses of water (especially on the official bug's forum)
    ...So not to inundate you in mods, but I recommend getting this one from her if that is bothering you. Saves me a lot of headache, or so it appears...
    https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/bienchens-mods/

I had no idea this was a bug and needed a mod. I just thought sims were really thirsty beings! I just accepted it :D Now, that I know it is not that normal, my perfectionnist brain needs this to be sorted! *sound of isleroux browsing Bienchen's site for the mod*

By the way, anyone else learning some more German by looking at her wonderful catalog of mods?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
  • Options
    Coming back here for some more inspiration. I have a few hours to play and looking for some more club ideas. I'm a sucker for anything with a pun in the title.

Hope some people still have this bookmarked to help a girl out!

Thanks!
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I've been using the club system to develop councils for my BACC game. I've got the Town Council set up as a club with the Mayor as the leader, so I can call council meetings whenever I like.
    I've also set up Arti Aestimationis for aspiring artists. The leader's got level 10 in the painting skill, so once she has more members, she'll be tutoring them in painting, probably at an arts centre. I've also got plans for an eventual wine club, In Vino Veritas (my founders are English upper class snobs, hence the approximate use of Latin here and there :D ).
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    @MissyHissy some great ideas there! Your save sounds like a lot of fun. I have a Granite Falls Grappo club and was thinking of making a competing wine club for fans of Soft Shadow Avornalino.

Fun fact: Soft Shadow Avornalino nectar is named after SimGuruMegs' chinchilla, Shadow.
  • Options
    Thank you! :) It's still a 'baby' save really, I only started it last month but I'm intending to build from the ground up. I've also created a Less Mischief foundation, inspired by the Mayor who, since he's in the Political career, is a supporter of the Foundation For Less Mischief. So I created it as an actual club, where they will try and dissuade mischievous activities in the town, probably by use of the 'Be Mean To...' then selecting a group of Mischief Makers (not an actual club yet but it will be. Probably not under that name but who knows?) to develop some rivalry between them.
  • Options
    Another idea I'm trying out is a game development club, Laboris Gloria Ludi. I've set it up so members need to have programming skills and the approved activities are related to programming and playing video games (but not on the console). I'm also intending any members (particularly my founder) to use the Ministry of Labour to change their job title to 'Game Developer'.
    So that's a WIP at the moment.
  • Options
    @MissyHissy Your Laboris Gloria Ludi club sounds very interesting, it has aspired me to have more club names in latin. :)

I also use the Ministry of Labour feature to change job titles constantly.

Looking forward to the new pack and careers. Hopefully we will get some more club activities too!
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    I’d have more clubs if I had more icons!

Someone make more club icons please!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Somebody did @DevSims91 and they are amazing!

https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/160488483060/the-sims-mod-more-club-and-holiday-icons
    7906376447f67ab53e3c2a5d94f7e474380ec620.png

It's a fantastic mod and I've had absolutely no issues with it.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    @isleroux oh my god these are amazing thank you!
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    DevSims91 wrote: »
    I’d have more clubs if I had more icons!

Someone make more club icons please!

Same, but I'm on console and cannot use mods or cc so... Maxis, please, make more club icons.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    @DMDCT Sorry?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
  • Options
    Have any of you guys worked with the Custom Club Activities Project mod? You can pick and choose which activities you add into the game and it does give a lot of other options for the club activities. I've been using it for a while now and I'm really enjoying it. I haven't noticed any issues with it either.

Now I just need to find a way to be able to use the aspiration traits and other earned gameplay traits. <3
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    @DMDCT You're not imposing at all :) I've done a little test for you. It looks like all it does is remove the club activity from the club, with no adverse effects. So no problems there and your save game should be safe! :)
    The mod itself is really good because you pick and choose which package files to install, so you customise which activities you want. I really recommend it because it can add so many new activities for the clubs and make them very individual.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    [REDACTED]
    Post edited by DMDCT on
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    @MissyHissy I used to use the club activities mod, but stopped earlier this year, since it seems like that page hasn't been updated in over 2 years. I was concerned that the mods were really outdated and would cause problems in my game. But it sounds like they still work fine? No errors or LEs caused by them?
  • Options
    @ImSands Not had any issues at all. I've been using them for about two weeks in the same save with no problems. I'm assuming they probably don't need updating with the patches. No errors or LEs though :)