Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I lost everything. My saves, mods, CC, saved sims, saves, etc, and I don't know how.

YuriTheCreatorYuriTheCreator Posts: 60 Member
edited October 2019 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
I never deleted my sims folder or electronic arts folder, nor did I uninstall the game from my hard drive.

I'm frustrated and honestly kinda lost all passion for the game cause I'm back at square one - having to re download everything is not worth the effort. :disappointed:

Edit: Forgot to mention that the electronic arts folder completely vanished. I went looking for my sims 3 screenshot folder, only to find that the electronic arts folder was missing entirely.
April 8, 2015 is when I came out of that smelly old closet... 🚶‍♂️🚪

Comments

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Check your recycle bin. It might have been deleted? Does anyone else use your computer?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2019
    The game does not go around deleting its own TS3 user game folder, it actually cannot do that. This has to be a system issue, an issue with the hardware, one of an overzealous protection (e.g., anti-virus) system, or sorry to say user error. Or possibly you are using a new/different Windows login account and therefore have a new/different Documents folder than prior?

I guess this is of no help for today, but that which becomes important to us should to the extent possible and practical always be backed up to external storage in case something happens to the originals or the entire computer. I take there was unfortunately no backup of your TS3 user game folder made before this happened or was noticed?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net