August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Retirement Woes.

_natalie_natalie Posts: 466 Member
Why are my retired sims being taken out of retirement and being given jobs? Or being taken out of retirement full stop?

I placed Dennis Kim in the Gardener > Botanist > Stem Cell Researcher career and then retired him. Played other househoulds in the same save, came back to Dennis to find he's no longer retired, and is level 9 in the Gardening > Floral Designer > Leafy Luminary career! Meaning that I can't now switch him back to the Botanist branch and re-retire him. I noticed Vivian Lewis, who I had made a Head Chef and retired had been pulled out of retirement and just came up as unemployed. Why is the game doing this? I don't want to have to re-do this save again. This game can be so infuriating sometimes.
Post edited by _natalie on

Comments

• jooxisjooxis Posts: 504 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sounds like something MCC would do? PS. Oh, you're on console, well that's strange then
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 466 Member
    Yes, I am on console. This is posted in the console section of the forum.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 504 Member
    I know. I clicked on Recent Discussions and didn't realize at first. They don't let you delete posts on this forum so I couldn't delete my comment.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 466 Member
    New save. Same problem.