Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Familiar Binding to a child help

simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
I just went into one of my games that I added a cat to. I want to bind the cat to the boy that was born in-game to a magical couple, but I can't.
I looked it up before posting this and the cheat code that I found that's supposed to help doesn't work. Neither does changing his bloodline from weak to strong. Yes, I removed the weak bloodline trait before changing it via cheats.
Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss a step? Does he need to have the ancient bloodline instead?
I'm yet to go into the magical realm and I do want him to have a familiar, but I want to use the cat. He makes the hand motions for magic, but he can't practice magic...yet.
Please help.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited October 2019
    He needs to be a spellcaster. Just having the bloodline is not enough. Look at his needs and see if there is the spellbook symbol there. There is a cheat you can use: traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_Witch Occult_Manifested. You may not need to add manifested for a child, but I used it for Alexander Goth and it worked.
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    I am interested in this info too, I just got a kitty for my household, my child sim has the bloodline, but I can't take her to the realm (child or teen) do I have to wait until they are old enough to go to the realm to bind my kitty?
    @telemwill If I use this cheat on my child sim or teen sim, will they be able to cast spells? or just bond with Familiars? Thanks
    @simgirl542 Love your profile picture =)
    No, they won't be able to cast spells. Children can only bind familiars. My children are able to go to the magic realm though.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @telemwill, that's the cheat code that I tried. It didn't work. Maybe it's because he's already a spell caster. He does have a spell book symbol. I still can't get him to bind to his new cat. What am I missing?

@ZzMANzZ, thank you. Jack Jack is my favorite Disney character. His expression describes how I react to a lot of things I've discovered and seen them do in these games over the many years that I've played.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    @telemwill, that's the cheat code that I tried. It didn't work. Maybe it's because he's already a spell caster. He does have a spell book symbol. I still can't get him to bind to his new cat. What am I missing?

@ZzMANzZ, thank you. Jack Jack is my favorite Disney character. His expression describes how I react to a lot of things I've discovered and seen them do in these games over the many years that I've played.

OK, if he has the symbol, then he is a spellcaster. I don't know why he can't bind the cat. I don't have that EP myself, so I haven't tried to bind a cat or dog. Can he bind one of the ROM familiars? Maybe try that first.