Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If I never went to magic realm..

graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
Let's say I bought the pack and installed it..i know if I never went to magic realms sims won't practise magic outside but does that include flying on brooms?

This is what I need to know before I finally buy this pack..I dont want my sims arriving at the venue then see sims flying on their brooms there..it'll break immersion for me

If you have to ask why to buy this pack because I want the CAS+build and buy mode items..but if I'm gonna see sims flying in brooms in other worlds even if I havent touched magic then it won't be worth it for me..

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    In case you never go to the realm, the only in game casters will be the premade ones that come with the pack. They’re the only ones you might see flying off on brooms. For what it’s worth, I’ve not seen them do so in my game even after a visit to the reason.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    In case you never go to the realm, the only in game casters will be the premade ones that come with the pack. They’re the only ones you might see flying off on brooms. For what it’s worth, I’ve not seen them do so in my game even after a visit to the reason.

So the game wont generate spellcasters if I never been to the magic realms? That sounds cool but seeing them flying off a broom in other worlds might bug me :/

Does living in glimmerblook or what whatever it called lol (the non magic world) cause you game to generate spellcasters or magic? Or it's like living in normal worlds (assuming again I never went to magic realm)
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    You will see the new Sims from the trailer walking around in Glimmerbrook, but they don't do any magic, I have never seen anyone use their brooms outside of the realm.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    The only saves I've seen sims use broomsticks in are the ones where I was playing Spellcasters. In saves where I have never played a spellcaster, I haven't even seen brooms, even when I've seen Realm of Magic characters.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    The only saves I've seen sims use broomsticks in are the ones where I was playing Spellcasters. In saves where I have never played a spellcaster, I haven't even seen brooms, even when I've seen Realm of Magic characters.

Same. I have saves where I have never been to the realm, and other than the pac objects being in BB & CAS, I wouldn’t know I had the pack installed. I see the sages in other worlds, but I have never seen them do anything magical outside of the realm.
    graventhe wrote: »

So the game wont generate spellcasters if I never been to the magic realms? That sounds cool but seeing them flying off a broom in other worlds might bug me :/

Does living in glimmerblook or what whatever it called lol (the non magic world) cause you game to generate spellcasters or magic? Or it's like living in normal worlds (assuming again I never went to magic realm)

Glimmerbrook is just another regular town and doesn't trigger creation of Spellcasters or changing of townies into Spellcasters. Only visiting the Realm does that. :)

Basically, if you don't visit the magic realm, your game will be happily magic-free.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Hmm, I'm on the fence about this. I have one main save that I play as largely realistic. I don't mind mostly ignoring the vampires who I made over in the style that works for me. They're all slightly anachronistic and ethereal but very realistic looking.

If I got this, I really would like having a spell caster or two but I wouldn't want all my townies or other sims to turn into spell casters. It sounds like I'd really need to keep the magic in a separate save. I'm interested in the CAS/BB.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Hmm, I'm on the fence about this. I have one main save that I play as largely realistic. I don't mind mostly ignoring the vampires who I made over in the style that works for me. They're all slightly anachronistic and ethereal but very realistic looking.

If I got this, I really would like having a spell caster or two but I wouldn't want all my townies or other sims to turn into spell casters. It sounds like I'd really need to keep the magic in a separate save. I'm interested in the CAS/BB.

If you don't go into the Realm, it won't make townies spellcasters. You can also "pre load" by making about 12-16 YA/Adult/Elder (mostly YA and Adult, maybe a couple of Teens) Spellcasters and having them in individual "not in world" houses, and it will pull those sims first - provided you don't spend too much time in the Magic Realm, this seems to work to keep the game from grabbing too many random sims.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited October 2019
    I played a spellcaster from cas and moved to the empty property at Glimmerbrook, all three my neighbours arrived on their brooms for the welcome wagon. I will start a new game with a normal sim and move to the same lot and see if it happens again. Will load my game now and update for you ;)

edit to add results

If you play a normal sim then they just appear like normal sims, not a broom in sight.
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I played a spellcaster from cas and moved to the empty property at Glimmerbrook, all three my neighbours arrived on their brooms for the welcome wagon. I will start a new game with a normal sim and move to the same lot and see if it happens again. Will load my game now and update for you ;)

edit to add results

If you play a normal sim then they just appear like normal sims, not a broom in sight.

That's really good to know! Thank you!
  • TX12001TX12001 Posts: 46 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

edit to add results

Good that sounds like they are actually trying to keep their magic a secret from the Muggles.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

If you don't go into the Realm, it won't make townies spellcasters. You can also "pre load" by making about 12-16 YA/Adult/Elder (mostly YA and Adult, maybe a couple of Teens) Spellcasters and having them in individual "not in world" houses, and it will pull those sims first - provided you don't spend too much time in the Magic Realm, this seems to work to keep the game from grabbing too many random sims.

Thanks very much for this update. It gives me something to think about.

It sounds like I still might put any spellcasters in their own save if I want to try it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I've definitely seen Sims I don't play in the game in GlimmerBrook using brooms. They never cast magic but I've seen them fly away and also fall off the broom when they enter
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I've definitely seen Sims I don't play in the game in GlimmerBrook using brooms. They never cast magic but I've seen them fly away and also fall off the broom when they enter

Did you make a spellcaster in this save or went to magic realms? Its important to mentioned this because looks like others tried it and never seen them with flying with a broom?
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    Let's say I bought the pack and installed it..i know if I never went to magic realms sims won't practise magic outside but does that include flying on brooms?

This is what I need to know before I finally buy this pack..I dont want my sims arriving at the venue then see sims flying on their brooms there..it'll break immersion for me

If you have to ask why to buy this pack because I want the CAS+build and buy mode items..but if I'm gonna see sims flying in brooms in other worlds even if I havent touched magic then it won't be worth it for me..

I wouldn't buy it. Even if you don't see it now you never know if they tweak something in the future where you WILL see them. If it will bother you that much I'd just skip it.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Just be aware that the sims in Glimmerbrook (at least some of them) and the sages who are a hidden Not in world household are spellcasters. So if you marry/ move them them into your played household they may do magic stuff in their idle animations (I haven’t moved/married any of them so I don’t know personally how much they do autonomously) there is a way to remove be being a spellcaster from a sim but it involves going to the realm or using a cheat/mod to do so. Or to delete them from your saves.
    ~ ~ ~

I wouldn't buy it. Even if you don't see it now you never know if they tweak something in the future where you WILL see them. If it will bother you that much I'd just skip it.

I'm really afraid of that tbh
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Just be aware that the sims in Glimmerbrook (at least some of them) and the sages who are a hidden Not in world household are spellcasters. So if you marry/ move them them into your played household they may do magic stuff in their idle animations (I haven’t moved/married any of them so I don’t know personally how much they do autonomously) there is a way to remove be being a spellcaster from a sim but it involves going to the realm or using a cheat/mod to do so. Or to delete them from your saves.

I thought the game won't generate spellcasters if I never went to magic realms? The hidden ones arent included? I wouldn't marry or move on with a spellcaster at all in my realistic save but now the game will generate hidden spellcasters? So the problem they'll appear like homeless townies and I can't distinguish between them? Right?

What if I interacted with them but never moved in with them or married them?
    edited October 2019
    3KNPen wrote: »

I thought the game won't generate spellcasters if I never went to magic realms? The hidden ones arent included? I wouldn't marry or move on with a spellcaster at all in my realistic save but now the game will generate hidden spellcasters? So the problem they'll appear like homeless townies and I can't distinguish between them? Right?

What if I interacted with them but never moved in with them or married them?

No, the game doesn't generate *hidden* Spellcasters. But there are Spellcaster families that live in Glimmerbrook and the three sages. Those are premades that come with the pack and you can delete them from your Households to avoid accidentally socializing with them or marrying one of your Sims to them.

And again, autonomous magic outside of the Realm is not a thing in the game's live mode. There are no idle animations outside of CAS.

• CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member

I'm really afraid of that tbh

My approach, if and when I buy it, will be to uninstall the pack if spellcasters start infecting my realistic saves.

• hoxhardinghoxharding Posts: 5 New Member
    > @mcrudd said:
    > I played a spellcaster from cas and moved to the empty property at Glimmerbrook, all three my neighbours arrived on their brooms for the welcome wagon. I will start a new game with a normal sim and move to the same lot and see if it happens again. Will load my game now and update for you ;)
    >
    > edit to add results
    >
    > If you play a normal sim then they just appear like normal sims, not a broom in sight.
    I had awful things happen! I so regret buying that expansion and using it. Now, I think what happened because of typing in many spells one on top of the other.
    Green stains and oily looking stuff started to appear in my sim's house. I stupidly had the wife/mother Sim teach magic to her family. Sure, she was adorable riding on a broom. I didn't even know she had that ability. She would giggle and fly around with a big smile on her face.
    Many bad thing happen. Before I decided to end it. Her son acted angry and terrified of both his parents. He and his biological sister would stare at each other while pink hearts bounced about.
    Then,the kids actually tried to kill their parents!
    That was quite a few games ago. Call me stupid because-I was not in Glimmerbrook. Those stains have started again. They started when I used potions from perks.
    The brother would have pink boxes lighting up after chatting with one of his sisters. Also, the wife used the freeze ray on her husband. Then she and the rest of his family started laughing.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    hoxharding wrote: »
    > @mcrudd said:
    > I played a spellcaster from cas and moved to the empty property at Glimmerbrook, all three my neighbours arrived on their brooms for the welcome wagon. I will start a new game with a normal sim and move to the same lot and see if it happens again. Will load my game now and update for you ;)
    >
    > edit to add results
    >
    > If you play a normal sim then they just appear like normal sims, not a broom in sight.
    I had awful things happen! I so regret buying that expansion and using it. Now, I think what happened because of typing in many spells one on top of the other.
    Green stains and oily looking stuff started to appear in my sim's house. I stupidly had the wife/mother Sim teach magic to her family. Sure, she was adorable riding on a broom. I didn't even know she had that ability. She would giggle and fly around with a big smile on her face.
    Many bad thing happen. Before I decided to end it. Her son acted angry and terrified of both his parents. He and his biological sister would stare at each other while pink hearts bounced about.
    Then,the kids actually tried to kill their parents!
    That was quite a few games ago. Call me stupid because-I was not in Glimmerbrook. Those stains have started again. They started when I used potions from perks.
    The brother would have pink boxes lighting up after chatting with one of his sisters. Also, the wife used the freeze ray on her husband. Then she and the rest of his family started laughing.

Are you using mods? Almost none of what you described can happen in the game without some sort of outside interference.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I deleted all the sims in Glimmerbrook and I have a mod to keep the game from generating spellcasters. I haven't had any in my game so far. I have not gone to the magic realm either but I am sure the mod will kick in if I do ever go.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I see sims on brooms a lot in all the worlds and I hate it.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I usually see a sim or two on a broom at festivals or public areas. It's not that common though. I dislike that using magic in public has no consequences really. If i could change one thing about Realm of Magic it'd be that if you got caught using magic by non-spellcasters you'd receive one of the Curses. It'd add some adventure and secrecy to the spellcaster occult.