Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When is *THAT* stuff pack coming out? ๐Ÿน

Comments

• JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    Why is that stuff pack considered controversial? I missed that. :o
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    JPNeko wrote: ยป
    To get everything you paid for you also need the Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack, some of the build/buy items look like they could've been cut from Cats and Dogs so in reality you're only getting half of what you paid for if you don't have Cats and Dogs. It's DLC for DLC locking things behind an additional paywall for those who don't have Cats and Dogs because of either simply not wanting to or unable to buy the Expansion.

That's why people were mad when My First Pet Stuff came out,there are people who see it as a shady tactic to get more money out of players and opens the door for more anticonsumer practices down the line.

Yeah I want furballs and that coffee table but I already have Cats and Dogs so the DLC for DLC thing isn't a problem for me personally but I understand where the outrage, criticism and comments for the way the pack was implemented comes from.

Honestly, they should've added the Cats and Dogs specific content to the expansion in an update and fleshed out/added onto the "First Pet" idea- birds, rabbits, lizards, snake (death by pet snake perhaps?) and heck, maybe add onto frogs and fish like feeding them, cleaning the enclosure and buying tank/enclosure decorations as animals are affected by what's in their surroundings.

But the pack has four variations of hamster esque critters so I'll just have to hope they port it to console soon. (My sim will have a pet hedgehog named Shadow no matter what! Shadow the Hedgehog fangirl 4 life!)

• JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    To get everything you paid for you also need the Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack, some of the build/buy items look like they could've been cut from Cats and Dogs so in reality you're only getting half of what you paid for if you don't have Cats and Dogs. It's DLC for DLC locking things behind an additional paywall for those who don't have Cats and Dogs because of either simply not wanting to or unable to buy the Expansion.

That's why people were mad when My First Pet Stuff came out,there are people who see it as a shady tactic to get more money out of players and opens the door for more anticonsumer practices down the line.

Yeah I want furballs and that coffee table but I already have Cats and Dogs so the DLC for DLC thing isn't a problem for me personally but I understand where the outrage, criticism and comments for the way the pack was implemented comes from.

Honestly, they should've added the Cats and Dogs specific content to the expansion in an update and fleshed out/added onto the "First Pet" idea- birds, rabbits, lizards, snake (death by pet snake perhaps?) and heck, maybe add onto frogs and fish like feeding them, cleaning the enclosure and buying tank/enclosure decorations as animals are affected by what's in their surroundings.

But the pack has four variations of hamster esque critters so I'll just have to hope they port it to console soon. (My sim will have a pet hedgehog named Shadow no matter what! Shadow the Hedgehog fangirl 4 life!)
    Thanks for explaining. I also have Cats and Dogs, so it wouldn't be a problem for me, but I understand why itโ€™s been criticised. Still hope they bring it on for console players.

Thanks for explaining. I also have Cats and Dogs, so it wouldn't be a problem for me, but I understand why itโ€™s been criticised. Still hope they bring it on for console players.

No prob, I tried to cover the main points of criticism with the pack so I hope I didn't miss anything. I only play console so much of what I stated above is the general consensus I've gleamed from pack reviews.

• _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    No they might no release it because eeokayers have said that it is a slap in the face to have my first let stuff after the cats and dogs and it has been name as one of the least favorite. Cats and dogs being the most popular.Mabye the team is trying to focus on new packs and they don't want to fix the older and least favorite one.
    *players
    No they might no release it because eeokayers have said that it is a slap in the face to have my first let stuff after the cats and dogs and it has been name as one of the least favorite. Cats and dogs being the most popular.Mabye the team is trying to focus on new packs and they don't want to fix the older and least favorite one.

Then that would still be a case of "PC has something console doesn't" which is unfair as they've marketed the console port as having the same content as PC.
    I agree I think it's super unfair that console players dont have a full working gallery in which we can't upload or download and search for creations ourselfs we can only download the ones the updates give us. The freelancer careers and immaculate shelf we also didn't get. We also don't have mods, updates that match PC updates, and release dates that don't match PC release dates. Yet we are paying the same price for the game and expansions.

I agree I think it's super unfair that console players dont have a full working gallery in which we can't upload or download and search for creations ourselfs we can only download the ones the updates give us. The freelancer careers and immaculate shelf we also didn't get. We also don't have mods, updates that match PC updates, and release dates that don't match PC release dates. Yet we are paying the same price for the game and expansions.

We have freelancer careers now, dunno about the shelf.

You know it takes time to port an update from PC to console, right? The main issue is that we're get little to no word on updates and when we do get the update it hasn't been bug tested. Usually console updates happen after PC so the update doesn't have the exact same bugs... Correct me if I'm wrong but consoles probably work differently than PC and the companies that own the hardware have rules to follow for game updates, such as the certification process, so you'd think the bugs would be fixed but hey, they aren't going to delay an update when it compliments the next new shiny DLC they just announced right?

On the topic of mods, Bethesda games are the only console games to legally allow mods and even then they abide Sony and Microsoft guidelines- you can't edit game files like you can on PC and if you can you're probably doing it illegally.

Finally, yes I understand your frustration with not having a gallery as the game does connect to the Internet the moment it's started but until we hear something official other than a very wordy "maybe", I'll hope for the best.

I'll hope the fixes for year-old bugs, the MIA First Pets Stuff Pack and Player Gallery make it into the game, because it feels like it's all any of us can do.
  • AmandaKayAmandaKay Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't care that the pack was controversial when it came out or that a bunch of PC gamers were angry about it. I want it. Period. My husband has the PC game, he loves his hamsters, pet beds & cute little pet stuff & I want it too. We both honestly only bought the Sims after out beloved cat Crash died after 17 years with him & our therapist suggested we try out this great therapy tool where you have a simulated cat, love them & then let them die to learn letting go. We are both serious gamers & willing to try anything. GHOST CATS! WHAT!? Yeah, total tangent here but this game is good for grief management, at least for me it has been but I'm also just livid that my husband has hamsters & I don't. Because I really want hamsters.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    edited September 2019
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง

So they can't work out DLC for DLC on console yet? Now I'm just curious, is it a software issue with the port? A hardware limitation with the Xbox/Playstation? Or is it a company thing where Sony or Microsoft rules don't account for "DLC for DLC"?

It would be nice if we had a better idea of what the problem is but I suppose that wouldn't be something the devs can tell us... And I don't have Twitter.

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    We still don't have the cool fish coffee table and the fur balls yet ? ๐Ÿ˜Š I like the animal furniture would be so nice for toddlers and children
    I want the rugs. My sim toddlers/childrens bedroom floors are so bare..
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    Any news regarding this pack? I'm still wanting it for the rodents, matching outfits, new pet costumes, build mode stuff, and the new death type!
    No news, yet.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    Hopefully we get it before the end of this year
    @Nikkih One can hope ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    I'm hoping by the end of this year we will have all packs and patches, exactly the same game as PC, maybe hopefully have a gallery aswell
    @Nikkih I'd say asking for the Gallery along with Packs and Patches is hoping for a bit too much before 2020.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    Aye your maybe right ๐Ÿ˜‚, you never know though lol
    Of course ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    That would be amazing though going into 2020 exactly the same game lol
  • Gerbils91Gerbils91 Posts: 2 New Member
    I just want the hamster. Can't we get a free hamster patch as a Christmas gift? Haha
  • Danny69912Danny69912 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Gerbils91;c-17317699"]I just want the hamster. Can't we get a free hamster patch as a Christmas gift? Haha[/quote]

Yes I want the hedgegog, please at least give the console players the rodent cage on an update.