Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This looks like a University teaser to me. 👀

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Is university for teens in this game?
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited October 2019
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Is university for teens in this game?

Doubt, they still have high school, uni is YA+
    Unless they don’t want elders taking part 😆
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    Imagine having just about every bit of proof that your expansion pack exists being leaked but STILL insisting on sticking with that marketing campaign pretending that you're surprising all these Sims YouTubers with "Acceptance Letters".

I mean they probably had this planned out before the leak, they might as well do the stuff they’ve already finished. We did get spoiled, but people still watch Titanic despite the fact that everyone knows that
    the ship sinks.

Yep, that's a good point. It isn't the marketing team's fault that things leaked.

I’m glad they pressed ahead. It’s added a bit of fun to this otherwise gloomy, cold, and uneventful day of mine. :)

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Imagine having just about every bit of proof that your expansion pack exists being leaked but STILL insisting on sticking with that marketing campaign pretending that you're surprising all these Sims YouTubers with "Acceptance Letters".

I mean they probably had this planned out before the leak, they might as well do the stuff they’ve already finished. We did get spoiled, but people still watch Titanic despite the fact that everyone knows that
    the ship sinks.

Yep, that's a good point. It isn't the marketing team's fault that things leaked.

I’m glad they pressed ahead. It’s added a bit of fun to this otherwise gloomy, cold, and uneventful day of mine. :)

I just watched lilsimsie's reaction video. She says she filmed it on the 18th.. had the boxart leaked then?
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Am I the only one not excited for University? Sims 4 had disappointed me a lot this year, and I don't expect things to improve. Besides, since Sims 4 isn't as challenging as its predecessor, I bet getting high grades and a diploma at university would be a walk in the park. I won't buy any more Sims 4 packs, and I refuse to give in to the hype this time.
    I am not either....I am just so tired of this installment.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

the ship sinks.

I just watched lilsimsie's reaction video. She says she filmed it on the 18th.. had the boxart leaked then?

pretty sure they sent out the letters before the leaks (or at least only after the Target ones). or at least had the idea/plan figured out before.
    the boxart was posted here on the forums on the 19th.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Am I the only one not excited for University? Sims 4 had disappointed me a lot this year, and I don't expect things to improve. Besides, since Sims 4 isn't as challenging as its predecessor, I bet getting high grades and a diploma at university would be a walk in the park. I won't buy any more Sims 4 packs, and I refuse to give in to the hype this time.

You're not the only one. Never mind that I was burned with ROM and I'm not interested in any more launch day full price packs, I didn't much care for TS2 university, I didn't bother with TS3 university (and I don't see how this is going to be better than what TS3 offered and if they couldn't bring me in...) *shrugs* They'd have to have something I can't live without for me to jump on this band wagon.

What I am excited for is everyone who's posted on every announcement since TS4 launch asking for university instead of whatever pack was on offer, they can relax now.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

You're not the only one. Never mind that I was burned with ROM and I'm not interested in any more launch day full price packs, I didn't much care for TS2 university, I didn't bother with TS3 university (and I don't see how this is going to be better than what TS3 offered and if they couldn't bring me in...) *shrugs* They'd have to have something I can't live without for me to jump on this band wagon.

What I am excited for is everyone who's posted on every announcement since TS4 launch asking for university instead of whatever pack was on offer, they can relax now.

RIGHT! Now we can get to original content - something totally different for the Sims like real off the grid play or apocalyptic sims - not really sure what I would like to see but something Sims 1-3 didn't have for game play
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Great! I hope sims starting from teens can do exams and apply for high level studies with the needed skills and grades. And that it won't be too easy to pass those exams. Those high school grades should finally make some sense! My kids and teens did not do their homework every night for nothing for the passed few years.

Will be there for the trailer 2morrow.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »

I like this idea! Many apply, but few are chosen. It's more like RL. Not meaning to trod upon your obviously bruised sensibilities, but, if this is a hint to coming attractions, I'm ecstatic.

Oh, I hope that means rejection game play for the game.

Nah, James just trolled us (classic James). He received the same letter as everyone else.

Aww poodoo.
    Well I hope since there are two schools there will be an aptitude test like there was in TS3.
    aptitudetest.jpg
    But in the case of Discover University I hope there are three outcomes.

-Accepted to both schools and you have to choose
    -Accepted by one and rejected by the other.
    -Rejected by both.

And the scholarship awards of course.
    I am assuming there are some philosophical and cultural differences and values between the two schools and your sim could be a better fit for one or the other. I am looking forward to learning more about this pack.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    I will send sims to both universities to experience both of them playing as a student.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not to spoil the latest 'I can't wait' party, but do remember the similar hype surrounding the recent releases that are now widely panned as being empty, buggy, half-baked, and so on. This has happened way too many times already and it's really sad to see yet another installment of 'here we go again'. DLC stuff doesn't make a game good, only in-depth gameplay and solid characterization.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

I like this idea! Many apply, but few are chosen. It's more like RL. Not meaning to trod upon your obviously bruised sensibilities, but, if this is a hint to coming attractions, I'm ecstatic.

No, James was just messing with his viewers. He actually got an acceptance letter.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Anyone notice it said grad school for James? Does this mean we get multiple degree levels?

This would be a timely addition for someone who just started grad school like me :joy:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options

No, James was just messing with his viewers. He actually got an acceptance letter.

Ohhhhh. Never mind then :joy:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I waved at the hype train as it passed by me. While I am happy for the Uni lovers, and hope this pack meets most of their expectations, it just isn't my kind of pack. My hope is, as this is the last of the remakes of the most popular packs from the past, the teams will move on to upgrading what we have now, and fixing a lot of the old bugs that have been hanging around far too long. Sigh. Maybe in a perfect world it would happen. After GF and IL, I can't bring myself to the point of being excited about any new packs. And that's sad. I used to be so excited about new stuff for my game. Now it's all come down to waiting and reading all the comments first before making a decision about buying, or passing on certain packs. And I do blame the teams for this because they created the packs that were released with bugs and broken features that culminated in a lot of players being unhappy. Let's hope that changes with the Uni pack, and we see happy, satisfied players again.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Indeed
    https://youtu.be/QjajIRVj6kI
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

No, you're not the only one. :D I used to love this game but now I'm just tired. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

No, you're not the only one. :D I used to love this game but now I'm just tired. LOL.

Tbh I do keep up with TS4 news just to learn about new stuff, but I mostly just hope that Paralives or some other competing game materializes because I'm just so done with EA, lol

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

Tbh I do keep up with TS4 news just to learn about new stuff, but I mostly just hope that Paralives or some other competing game materializes because I'm just so done with EA, lol

Go advertise on their forums maybe, instead?

This looks like it will offer two professions I have wanted (Law, Education) and one I hadn't thought of (Engineering). I'm pretty excited.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I am really worried with the let downs as of lately, and this pack being so highly anticipated since TS4 launch (basically), that it's been built up in the player's mind so high that it will be a let down for a lot of people. From some posts/tweets it sounds like people think this is the thing to "fix" TS4 and "the only thing missing"... with that kind of expectation to live up to, I'm really unsure TS4 can deliver. Especially after IL and ROM. :/
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I hope no one rains on University fans' parade like University fans kept doing to those of us who were excited for Realm of Magic.

THIS! Or anything to do with mermaids for Island Living!

Even if Uni wasn't your top pick, you can criticise without being mean to those who requested it. They have nothing to do with the pack, they just requested it.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    munroele wrote: »
    I hope no one rains on University fans' parade like University fans kept doing to those of us who were excited for Realm of Magic.

THIS! Or anything to do with mermaids for Island Living!

Even if Uni wasn't your top pick, you can criticise without being mean to those who requested it. They have nothing to do with the pack, they just requested it.

Pretty sure that was sarcasm, since the university fans (some of them) have rained on pretty much every parade since the beginning. But you're right too, we shouldn't do the same back.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

No you're not the only one promise u.
    Lu4ERme.gif