Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's up with your Sages?

Lore/headcanon/current updates thread! In the same vein as What's Happening with Vladislaus in your game right now?, Max Villareal in your saves, and What happened to Mila Munch's children's father?, I'd love to hear what you're doing with your Sages!

What are their backstories? What are they doing now? What do you have planned for them? Have you used the new Sages from the Gallery, are you sticking with the original three in-game ones, have you used new Sages entirely? Let's see what backstory and lore everyone has!

Comments

• Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Mine are all dead.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I edited mine to look more like the ones from the trailer. The practical sage has a son and daughter with one of my sims, and Morgyn has a son and a daughter with Lilith Vatore. I get a lot of twins.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2019
    Mine are frozen in time doomed to live out their lives as teachers in the Magic HQ. I used mccc to keep them in their current jobs and make them immortal. L.Faba apparently eats a lot. She gained a lot of weight. I had to use mccc to put her back to her original size. They all got makeovers cause I either didn't like their original look or style. I'm keeping the original sages cause some of my sims are friends with them. :D

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Mine are frozen in time doomed to live out their lives as teachers in the Magic HQ. I used mccc to keep them in their current jobs and make them immortal. L.Faba apparently eats a lot, she gained a lot of weight. I had to use mccc to put her back to her original size. They all got makeovers too. :D

She really loves cooking. I like to imagine that my practical sage chose practical magic because he can’t cook.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited October 2019
    I have kept the RoM launch sages in my game.

I have given L. Faba a bit of a makeover, to make her look a bit more like the Sim in the promotional videos, but she continues in her role as Sage of Mischief. My backstory for her is that she goes by "L." because her given name is Lilith, and while a Vampire might get away with that, it is a very bad idea for Spellcasters to be casual with Words of Power. In my main save, my family legacy, she is a close friend to my Virtuoso, enough so that she will visit him even though his home has the Private Residence lot trait.

I feel like she is monitoring his training of his apprentice, since said apprentice initially began as a student of the School of Mischief. Indeed, she kind of set the two up, mischievously, knowing that my Sim was attempting to master Practical Magic, with the aim of restoring the magical heritage of the Goth family. The apprentice was intended as a romantic distraction, at which he succeeded admirably.

Simeon Silversweater bonded most closely with a transgender Elder I was exploring RoM with in another save while I got a feel for the expansion. I didn't even make him over for that save because, as unstylish as he is, my Sim was also a bit outside the box, and she liked him fine just as he was. They never became romantically involved (yet), but became great good friends. She's a gardner, so Floriola and Herbio were extremely useful spells to be taught. They are also chess buddies.

Morgyn Ember has been the most aloof of the Sages in my game, although my legacy family Spellcaster did befriend him as well. I don't feel he went out of his way to either help or hinder my Sim's personal quest to learn the Rite of Ascension, and restore the legacy of the infamous Faustus von Göthe (as the family was known in the Old Country). Spellcaster politics seems to be beneath him, and none of my Sims have chosen Untamed Magic as their particular area of focus. I am still waiting for the occasion for my Sims to be more directly involved, at which point I may come to understand him better.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I edited them all and only Morgyn stayed as a sage. The other two were replaced with random sims for some odd reason. L.Faba I think got married and had kids (using Mccc) and not sure about the other.

I made up a story that the other two weren't strong enough, so two other sims beat them in a duel and took over.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I changed mine in a recent save. I also took my time by going to greet every single premade sim so that not every single one becomes a spellcaster ;) (crazy I know LOL)

My Sages were replaced by triplet sisters that were born with spellcaster powers. A dark evil was taking over the magical realm and it started falling apart, Everyone thought it was the end of magic, but then these three little girls were born, each with their own type of magic in them. Their grandmother (a very old sage) blessed them and gave each a crystal to protect them. When they became teens, the grandmother taught them all she could and then took them to the realm, like magic the chaos and breaking down of the realm stopped. The girls are the three sages born to keep the spellcaster world from disappearing, their magic is keeping the realm together. They are sharing all their knowledge with anyone that wants to learn, the more spellcasters and balance of the three powers, the more stable the realms become.

bfAxW5R.png
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited October 2019
    I play with aging off.

Simeon Silversweater has retired as a sage and is living with my Sim and their child. Morgyn Ember and L. Faba are still sages. They are really good friends with my loner Sim and come to her tiny house parties to stay in touch.

For some reason, after hanging out a few times with Simeon in the normal world, caused him to autonomously quit and become a level 6 police officer instead. It was hereafter, I decided to snatch him good. I had him quit law enforcement for now though, since I'm focusing mostly on my Sim and the kid.

Simeon in my game is a pretty quiet guy. He eats and uses the laptop a lot. On his own account, he has been very attentive towards his child and also, at some point, decided to help out with their (pretty big) garden. I find that very appealing. The only weird thing being that he one time didn't want rose petals thrown at him at the Romance festival..

PS: Forgot to mention his apparent addiction to tea.
    Post edited by Nindigo on

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    After doing some comparatively minor edits, and then using MCCC to freeze them in age and profession, I haven't done much with them. My current main save's story is focused on the one family, so everyone else is left to MCCC's mercy, more or less.

Though as my current heir is a Geek spellcaster, she's seen Simeon more than a couple of times at Geek Con, and is now in a gaming club with him, so we shall see...
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Well in one save, I was besties with all of them and they would come over and chill all the time and I would see them out and about.

In another, I have aging on and they're elders now and I'm not sure what's gonna happen to the sage positions yet.

I kinda wish the sages would stay in the magic realm and not age :/
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited October 2019
    I haven't really done anything with them. I only use them for learning spells and potions and just ignore them most of the time. I like Simeon more than the other two, he's become a best friend for my witch Sim.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @Sharonia yeah, I've made mine immortal as well. I'm going with the idea that spellcasters in general live longer, and Sages in particular don't age at all. If they ever relinquished the position, they would start ageing normally again.

@Sindocat I changed L's name to Elle, haha. Keeps the pun and is, you know, an actual name. Your Sim's friendship with Simeon seems sweet!

@mcrudd oh, your triplets are cool!

@Nindigo Simeon seems like he'd be good with gardening! As for the laptop, I think that's the geek trait coming through, haha.

Okay, for my own! Morgyn has become one of my favourite Sims ever (the, uh, icon probably gives that away), so they have the most elaborate backstory. For the others, it's relatively simple:

Ethren, former Sage of Practical Magic, retired to focus on his art and music. He's still a virtuoso spellcaster, but mostly just uses the practical spells to help out around the house and isn't really into magical politics any more. Honestly, it was a relief to be free of it. He's also now an elder. Simeon (who I originally made over to look like Ethren, then de-made over to look like a madeover version of his original, in-game look), who was a tech-head who mostly used practical magic as a substitute for sleeping, showering, and eating while he was in the midst of a computer binge, was kind of unimpressed to be designated the position, but he also has an intellectual curiosity in how the Realm fares and so sticks with it.

My madeover L still looked distinct enough that I didn't need to remake her. Mischief magic has a particularly odd line of succession - where practical magic relies on heavy training and untamed magic is instinctive, taking the position of Sage of Mischief Magic involves tricking the former sage. When L finally got the better of Keisha, the latter happily stepped down and granted L the position. Keisha has been remade a virtuoso spellcaster and aged up to elder as well, and I replaced her self-assured trait with goofball.

Now, Aine and Morgyn! First, Aine is keeping that name, but 'Tess Dyer' was her former self. When she had first arrived in the Realm from an unhappy life, she remade herself entirely, renaming herself, cutting off all semblence of her former life. She became Sage and served with Ethren and Keisha, and when Morgyn arrived, they very quickly became her favourite student.

Morgyn had an unhappy background, and was pretty depressed when they came across the Realm. Finding magic was like coming home for the first time, and Aine became both their beloved mentor and almost a parental figure. They were both ambitious, both incredibly talented spellcasters, and both outsiders who had made the Realm their home. Morgyn very quickly rose in the ranks, befriending fellow students Grace and Tomax (and having a friendly rivalry with the latter), and it wasn't long before Aine was declaring Morgyn her future successor.

Unfortunately, it wasn't to happen the easy way around. Morgyn (as seen in the first trailer) got a little too ambitious and, in a duel with Aine for knowledge, ended up dying of overcharge. Aine was heartbroken and determined to revive them, bringing them back to the HQ for the revival ritual. Grace, who was Morgyn's closest friend after Aine, volunteered to help, and they set about to bring them back.

And this is the point where the fracturing Realm comes into play. Normally, the ritual would involve the one doing the spell using their own life force and magical essence to 'jumpstart' the one who was being revived. But when Aine was in the midst of this ritual, the connection was severed by the unstable Realm, and all of Aine and Grace's magical potential and energy snapped into Morgyn, instantly reviving them and giving them the position of Sage of the Untamed.

The effects on Aine and Grace were rather more drastic. They reverted to the people they were before ever coming to the Realm, losing all magical power and their memories. For Aine, who had been in the Realm for decades, this had a far greater impact than on Grace (who only lost a year or so), forcibly turning her back into 'Tess' and sending her into a coma, to boot.

Grace was able to be revived. Tomax took her home, and when she was ready, she returned to the Realm. Morgyn remade her into a spellcaster and has been teaching her the magic she used to have, working on a way to restore her memories - if they can help Grace, they can also help Tess, who is in far worse shape.

And, uh, that's a small novel, sorry about that.

Short version, Simeon got a makeover again. He and L are Sages and aren't doing a whole lot, although L does show up at parties a lot. Ethren and Keisha are happily retired elders. Aine/Tess technically isn't in-game, although I plan to introduce her later. Morgyn is working feverishly to restore Grace's memories and bring Aine back, and in the mean time, they've also befriended my main and have started a slow-burn relationship with Caleb Vatore (who first came into the Realm seeking a cure for vampirism, it's complicated).
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    My sim had twins and adopted a daughter with Morgan, they married than he cheated on her with a another dude. So that marriage ended. She is now engaged to Simon who I have a makeover to. L. Faba got fat and wears a robot costume without the head piece. I didn’t tell her to do that either. Someone needs a makeover big time. Haha
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    They're all wearing knight armor... They all came to a Knight Night in a local bar and now I guess they're glitched cause they won't take of their armor. lol it's really annoying, i even gave them makeovers :(
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited October 2019
    so far I only gave all of them (and the magic HQ) a makeover, don't really care about their backstories, they are the sages they have to keep the realm from falling apart and share their knowledge!

@PotterheadSim have you tried asking them to "ask to see outfit" with one of your sims? That usually gets unplayed sims out of the situational outfits for me.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2019
    I've given L. Faba and Simeon makeovers. I left Morgyn untouched except for a few wardrobe and hairstyle tweaks. I'm sorry, but that bun was just too big to look realistic considering they have much shorter hair. All three are good friends with my spellcaster and Morgyn is her BFF.

Gk5Bgz4.png

Here's what L. Faba and Simeon look like in my game:

XzsaJvx.png
    O6PCJgm.png

Well, most of the time. Simeon invited Lavana to GeekCon and he showed up in a situational outfit that didn't include pants. Now every time Lavana travels to the Realm, he's wearing that outfit.

ISG1Glz.png

She's asked to see his everyday outfit and he'll change to the right one, but the next time she goes there, he's wearing the no pants ensemble again. The request doesn't seem to stick. L. Fabo must've been at GeekCon too, though I didn't see her, because now she always looks like this until I ask her to change:

Hc0ZmsK.png

Last night I sent Lavana to the bar in Glimmerbrook to check out the new reno I'd done to it and it turned out to be Knight Night. L. Fabo showed up in her normal cold weather outfit I'd given her. BUT, later that night when Lavana again traveled to the Realm, L. was wearing a Knight's helmet. *sigh* I hope this glitch/bug is fixed in an upcoming patch. Morgyn is the only one that has never changed into any situational outfit. This Sage is very special! <3

I haven't really thought of any background stories for the Sages, I usually never do with background characters, only my own Sims. Unless, of course, they develop into being very important to my main Sim(s) for whatever reason. I might have to do that with Morgyn now since they mean so much to Lavana.

However, she wasn't originally meant to be a fully developed long-played character for a story, mostly just a tester for the pack. I didn't even make up a background story for her like I normally do for my played Sims. But, as happens quite frequently with my tester Sims, she's managed to worm her way into my heart and I love playing with her now. So, we'll see...

I doubt I'll ever have her pursue anything with Morgyn though unless the two of them initiate something on their own. They're meant to only share the kind of love among the best of friends. I had thoughts of Lavana and Simeon becoming a couple, but there doesn't seem to be much of a spark between them other than friendship as well.

As for L. Faba, well she shows up frequently at Lavana's home and always seems to show up in whatever world/lot Lavana happens to be visiting. It's almost as if she's pursuing Lavana. Probably just a coincidence. I'll wait and see if anything more than friendship seems to be in the air when they're together and go from there.

BTW, I absolutely adore your story/background for the Sages @ryttu3k, especially since it centers around Morgyn. I love that Sage sooo much! Such a sweetheart, but also a fierce and confident badarse as well. :)

Oh, if I download the old trailer Sages at all, they'll just be regular spellcasters or townies in this save game. Perhaps they'll become something more in a future save game. Of the three, I like the male spellcaster the most. He's very handsome!
  • _Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I edited mine to look more like the ones from the trailer. The practical sage has a son and daughter with one of my sims, and Morgyn has a son and a daughter with Lilith Vatore. I get a lot of twins.

I thought Morgyn couldn't have kids? At least in my game he can't .-.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    _Sandra_ wrote: »
    QueenMercy wrote: »

I thought Morgyn couldn't have kids? At least in my game he can't .-.

He can if you take him in cas.fulleditmode and make it so he can.