March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buildings by the Unknown Builders

Comments

• GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    brenleedee wrote: »
    I've come to the conclusion that nobody cares about the unknown builders, except other unknown builders and a few fans who try to encourage us. It's why we stay unknown. Why bother posting, when nobody really cares that we make beautiful creations. Sorry, feeling a little sour and bitter about this lately. I still build, I just don't post about it anymore.

We all start out as "unknown" builders, it takes time to get noticed and if the builds are good enough people will notice, maybe not right away but they will.

With the gallery now sorting by "most recent" it is easier to get noticed, than when it was "popular now"

It's very true what @brenleedee said, especially about the "most recent" sorting @jeswainston65.

The following is my opinion of the matter as an unknown builder myself: we'll never get "famous" (viral), if our builds aren't exceptionally awesome and without "advertising". Super popular builders have often had their own websites/blogs/YouTube videos etc and they have connections within the simmer community. It has probably taken years for them to achieve all that throughout the game's long history... What to do!? @Pinenuts and @brenleedee both mentioned the same wisdom - to be happy/thrilled of every download and favoring. Continue building (and posting on the forum - showing your works).

Even with the most recent sorting in the Gallery, your work can disappear from the view within seconds as there are thousands of other simmers doing the same. I for one am not keen of going through "page after page" of new posts when (my opinion again) 90% of the shared content doesn't meet my interests or expectations. There are a lot of unfinished or just started projects and loads of double/triple posting of the same creator of the same household/room/lot which personally puts me off. (It's either trolling, bad connections or clueless users who don't know how to use Gallery yet..) Anyway... being upset and discouraged helps no-one, least ourselves although we may sometimes feel that way.

I've noticed that participating in popular build challenges helps a lot to become noted: before my first entry, I had only few (1-60) downloads not to mention faves and even fewer comments on my 3 Gallery shares. Now after participating once to @rosemow's one room, one week, one theme challenge I have 421 downloads and 85 faves between 4 shares within 2 weeks. Another thing which gets us more noticed is forum activity: commenting, appreciating and showing interest to other simmers' creations and opinions matters. However, be honest, friendly/kind and if criticizing any work, make sure it's constructive without a negative feel. Worst we could do is "stealing" someone else's creation, being negative, condescending or mean. But nothing stops us from getting ideas and inspirations, even techniques from anything we see and like :)
  • jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Thanks for the kind words and encouragement and of course, the pep talk. I still design but I don't rush to the forums to post my newest creations anymore. I finish it, I post it to the gallery and I get a few downloads and then they stop. So I just move on to the next build. But it is discouraging and it's not really about being popular, it's about feeling appreciated for the hard work. Which I know my few followers do.
    I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    Such amazing houses in this thread. I've bookmarked it
  • VicingusVicingus Posts: 107 Member
    @Pinenuts Your sky chapel is absolutely stunning, the outdoor architecture is just amazing!
    Youtube Channel: Vicingus
    Sims 4 Gallery: Vicingus
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited January 2019
    What a lovely thread idea! :smile: It's nice to see such optimism, positivity, and creativity in one place. I've definitely been surprised to see some outstanding creations on the gallery with so few downloads, so it's nice to see a section on the forums where more obscure or "unknown" builders can share and discuss their work.

I felt compelled to comment here because I wanted to say that each and every one of you are such talented builders! Looking through the pictures here, I find myself envying the way many of you furnish your builds. I have a difficult time making rooms feel "lived in" because I don't want the rooms to feel overcrowded, yet I'd hate for them to feel barren. I think this must be one of the reasons I second-guess myself when uploading a build of mine to the gallery. In fact, I recently uploaded two parks onto the gallery, both of which I hesitated uploading because I always question whether or not they're nice enough to share. I'm really happy I did, though, because they appear to have garnered quite a bit of appreciation on the gallery. It's really humbling to know others liked my work enough to at least take a look at the lot or add it to their games. I once had a small handful of creations on the gallery prior to upgrading computers that received a fair amount of attention, but I forgot how nice it feels when someone recognizes your hours upon hours of work.

Anyway, I hope you all continue to feel inspired to build and share! Don't feel discouraged if a build doesn't get hundreds of downloads; your creations are beautiful! I'll be bookmarking this thread so I can keep up-to-date on others' uploads and possibly share some of my own if I ever get around to doing more builds. :smiley:
  • Athina258Athina258 Posts: 62 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hello! I would also like to show you some of my work. Building is my favorite part about the Sims! I have created a few houses and one venue so far. This is the first house, Modern Outdoor Living I. It is mostly a roommates house, with 4 small bedrooms and a lot of outdoor and semi-outdoor spaces (like most of my builds). It only includes base game content and no CC. My username on the Gallery is the same as here. [It's the first time I post pictures so I hope I'm doing it correctly!]

KFFy9bgh.pngMore pictures here
    Y0NlKiW.png
    TIxym9j.png
    uQZWl8Xh.png
    Tkc3BF2h.png
    oeORSAoh.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Modern Outdoor Living is a very nice home! @Athina258 :) Very nice exterior design and layout of the build! The outdoors areas are great! The grass roofing is nice, and it is great that there is a rooftop dance level. Sims would enjoy great views from there! Nice outdoors level where Sims can enjoy using the fitness equipment to keep fit. Very nice courtyard area for Sims to enjoy painting on the easel, playing the guitar or enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating food at the table in the outdoors air whilst listening to gramophone music. Very nice pool and outdoors living patio! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool, and sitting poolside under the shade of the umbrella covered table. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior. It is nice that there is a different colour scheme for each of the four bedrooms.
    It is a very nice modern home! :)
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Nice house @Athina258. Especially love that grass roof - smart!
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Hello. It's been a while. Life has been so crazy lately and recently, I have time to start playing again!

And now, I'm back with a pet cemetery, the community lot that I built for #BNS128 challenge. Here is, the Furry Friends Cemetery.
    The lot is available at the gallery ( The Furry Friends Cemetery) Autumn is one of my favourite seasons because I love the colours. :D Please share with us what is your current Autumn build.

EZulSgi.png
    PykLTqJ.png

More pics.
    kQw5UNy.png
    p28I6Pt.png
    Z6EyYXH.png
    thdiHiO.png
    n0Ayw5h.png
    BEqrWE7.png
    rnlkPHS.png
    hiLae7K.png
    OID:- x4m1r4
    Welcome back to simming! :) Furry Friends Cemetery is a lovely and special cemetery for pets <3 Very nice design and layout! It looks very peaceful and restful! The animal statues through the build are very nice. Very pretty flowers and the fenced areas are very nice. The urn, candles and seat bench sitting area is nice in the Chapel for pet services.
    It is a lovely build :)
    Thank you so much @rosemow for your lovely feedback! :)
    Here is another build for another challenge!

This is the Olsson Fairview that I built for #BnS129 challenge on 20x20 lot in Brindleton Bay. It's available at my gallery, The Olsson Fairview

QePdNqH.png
    ZSIjUyS.png

More pics can be viewed here, The Olsson Fairview. :)
    The Olsson Fairview is a very lovely home! :) Very nice exterior design, roofing, and great outdoors areas! It is a nice touch that a boat is there and the shed is very nice. The greenhouse is very beautifully furnished! Sims will enjoy doing flower arranging there.Very lovely furnishing of the interior of the home! It looks so very warm and homely! The colours are lovely and the floral wallpaper is very pretty! Very nice design and layout of each room area!
    It is a very warm, and welcoming home :)
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member

So very cool that something like this exists. Some days, it's hard being an unknown. I know there are more than a few of us out there who often feel in the shadows, pushed aside, discouraged. Trust me, I too, often feel the same and like you, am just waiting for that one chance to be able to share my creations with more people, to bring the joy and happiness that we give to the few followers we do have, to a larger audience. Like you, I shall continue to trudge on, to build for my own joy, to watch, listen and learn from those who have a larger audience and have been recognized multiple times.

I shall start with this contribution, which happens to be at the top of the downloads in my catalog.

I lost count, but I beieve it is a 10 Bed/10 Bath +2 Half-Bath Castle/Manor with 4 Levels. The 1st Floor is the Main living Area with a Master Suite, with His/Hers Closets, a Sitting Room and a private Tower, with Skill items on each floor. There is also a large Kitchen, Dining, Private smaller, informal dining, a Children's playroom, Main Sitting Room with a Grand Staircase, Family Room, Sun Room, Laundry and more.

2nd Floor is mostly Bedrooms and a small Library.

3rd Floor is only at the center of the house and it houses a Music Chamber and a Bar.

4th Floor is a Theater and the Main Library.

The bassement contains a large Pool with a Bar/Karaoke, a Gym a Dance Room and an empty room off of the Gym for a Spa (I do not own the pack yet, but figured I'd make allowances for it.)

*Picture Heavy!

TuQSkj4.png
    ZbtVVmy.png
    I3wuJQb.png
    D63ZRTB.png
    dVnyrUw.png
    EzaCpcU.png
    eQhrsE8.png
    T2sjSG5.png
    0tl7ozc.png
    RNZlakg.png
    3CMqgAe.png
    M3x1x4y.png
    xlb0TFp.png
    ntPNOo7.png
    X05wC5I.png
    ofI7Vqt.png
    ocEHTqb.png
    4cDCSkM.png
    rlGnQbQ.png

1st Floor

Foyer/Gallery
    4W0n5FM.png
    dphNpBn.png
    SUJCEZp.png

Laundry
    ImQZV3B.png

Informal Dining/Kitchen Area
    fTK4YXg.png
    HMY0tIE.png
    wDFtJ7z.png
    y5rUckK.png
    Mr3GLhm.png
    mXE73es.png
    1dCcIaU.png

Butler's Pantry
    NzIgAsd.png

Private Tower off the Main Suite
    LQfu41C.png
    01kcAzd.png
    AOAMt7n.png
    kPu15WB.png

Formal Dining Room
    bFBPCyY.png
    Queo2jR.png

Sun Room
    bIU8Ag9.png

Children's Play Room
    jHhfkBE.png

Main Sitting Room
    3eDz1YM.png
    mv7oEx8.png
    RNXJsKk.png
    3HZU1dW.png

Master Suite
    AV0f99I.png
    ImM43Uk.png
    sP22jah.png

Library
    B9BlQxb.png
    ZtUMa2G.png

Family Room
    yCu4L2k.png

2nd Floor

Main Stair looking into Main Sitting/Receiving Room
    dT5zqya.png

Hallway Sitting Area
    bILT8hv.png

Admin Office/Secretary Office
    JwMn3aY.png
    ncOIXIL.png
    i5NhSAY.png

Bedroom Suites
    hbG7gSQ.png
    QVOPdPn.png
    uyri7Wm.png
    iIxiwSa.png
    UzHEo1w.png
    6eDEv2R.png
    zcNM8A3.png
    f473ZjU.png
    ND2Wt1T.png
    R9l5aWS.png
    kTtOm3A.png

Study
    szq6Fwu.png

Sitting Room/Bar
    5Dd43qv.png
    DojVB9b.png

Game Room
    VnzV5aZ.png

Library
    DJ3h3Qe.png

3rd Floor

B0yzQ1Y.png
    ceZ6MxV.png
    W83dGcL.png

4th Floor
    Oe6K1mI.png
    4DZmmPH.png

Basement
    F8Jw27i.png
    gVbIBGx.png
    vJ5Gci8.png
    c4P9M6P.png
    ibUVHz8.png
    un0I9j3.png

edited October 2019
    Your manor build is very lovely @Taoron :) I have posted about it earlier on your showcase thread. It is a very grand and detailed build!
    Hello! Happy Halloween everyone! :D

I would like to share one of my latest build, the Bloodstone. It was once a beautiful manor owned by Dr Simstein. One day, his failed experiment turned his family into stone. Ever since, he has been experimenting to turn them back, yet, he failed. Another scientist bought the manor & turned it into a restaurant. It serves his “experimental” dishes for decades. Rumours says that, sometimes, some Sims has never returned home after a meal. The Bloodstone is infamous among the Windenburg residents as a place for a Sims last meal.

Name: The Bloodstone
    Type: Restaurant
    Lot: 20x20 (suggested)
    Value: $137, 495
    Note : No CC, but please MOO

Available at my gallery. To download: The Bloodstone

rdGPlN3.png
    EBZN1Oo.png

The House
    IRn0Nu4.png
    Sx1MtOl.png
    z2dqp86.png
    7n6l9sU.png
    8FU21BO.png

Landscape
    i2S462d.png
    i0jiytX.png
    eJ2y8Bf.png
    sA8TXUD.png
    I9WCfnx.png
    CnaMBNo.png
    fl0parS.png
    8bT0p0O.png
    ktWXohy.png
    BebmT8i.png
    umIwAio.png
    QJdkiAC.png
    Nn9yRde.png
    bOlhOeo.png
    QRUQ8JG.png

Front Desk
    tHX2cGT.png
    tWwAMNZ.png
    kSlM5Is.png
    2UwV782.png
    Bt6AZe9.png

Dining Area
    uj48W4y.pngmRijw33.png
    3qlDwC3.png
    NIFChGt.png
    SpFrrii.png
    tFo5YiG.png

Kitchen
    BOhkr6U.png
    fVxJkeU.png
    MvATMEc.png
    W4x62Im.png
    ifiLPtM.png
    NZY0AGP.png
    nAAePGd.png
    c1uCKiN.png

Toilet
    AzN6ddh.png
    mXAckFx.png

Thanks! :)

Interesting build @Taoron ! I can't imagine how do you manage to build a huge build like this! Love it! And yes, I do agree, although it hard for us to get noticed, I really enjoy building stuffs for my own game and let my Sims enjoying my builds. :D
    Bloodstone is a very creatively designed and scary restaurant for Halloween! :) Very great exterior design , roofing, wall texture and the outdoors areas are very , very scary and spooky! The pumpkin head skeleton is great! The pumpkins, ghost and reaper gnomes, tombstones, black spooky trees, cobwebs, dead ivy on walls, and the ghost effects look great! The kids running scared away from the building and the witches around the cauldron look great! Very scary interior furnishing! It so very detailed! The colours and lighting give a great look and feel to the restaurant! Very great kitchen furnishing! The hanging skeleton, green lighting and wall hand candlelights suit a scary Halloween build so well! The candlelight lit dining area with gothic dining chairs is great!
    It is a great Halloween build! :)
    Thank you so much @rosemow . Your feedback means a lot to me! I hope that you have a great Halloween treat!
    Great looking Halloween build @xamira99 !!!
    Oh my! Thank you for letting me know @rosemow

Well, thanks to the sale, I got Island Living and plan to start going through all of those Beach Houses I built a while back. I have one done so....

Welcome to Sulani Hime Makeover!!!!!!!

This happy little 4 Bedroom/ 4.5 Bath Beach house sat empty for months. Now, it's a live and vibrant and....yeah..I know...shut up and show us the house.

Artwork by: Me!!!! (and two in the Cupola by juwels64)

f1Fe9IL.png
    SiTteBU.png
    e7VBGfH.png
    0YUFqL5.png
    7jqDttw.png
    f1Fe9IL.png
    kn5MTVn.png
    48Sup82.png
    9m6dp7B.png
    8CpZTBh.png
    VPjfJOv.png
    6TtqVS8.png
    YklVGfD.png
    AwxBf89.png
    par8fy5.png
    vKrRWoN.png
    ThXIcc8.png
    s9kvpD3.png
    8lEOjdF.png
    yUwCrGo.png
    ZboWe7F.png
    t4uWhl8.png
    cdOfw71.png
    FwPo7vh.png
    OeWkU7o.png
    dyRTqAm.png
    ahL9Ho0.png
    C0DZtLq.png

8luHGnG.png
    4oZVozg.png
    50JRtsU.png
    zSxVjhf.png
    0GvJWoQ.png
    Amazing build @Taoron ! Love the interiors & how you've used the space under the house. That's brilliant!