Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 DISCOVER UNIVERSITY OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION LEAKED + BOXART

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Eliharb wrote: »

It's just a description it won't list everything. More will be revealed in the trailer.

I kind of remember Realm of Magic's description literally listing everything + some lies about "quests".

But that wasn't a lie. It was true: "...and become a Spellcaster by completing a quest." Sure, it wasn't as extravagant as most were thinking, but it was a quest nonetheless.

That wasn't a quest. :D
    It was a task. :s
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited October 2019
    I prefer to keep an open mind until we know more for certain. If the leaks are accurate though, I do hope that bikes are available for all worlds and that we have more degrees/majors to choose from which impact on other careers. I am also hoping for open courses for working and parent sims to study from home. It's a pity that it all seems to be focused on young adults, although I won't be surprised if this is the case. University isn't at the top of my wish list, but I am still hoping to be pleasantly surprised and I'm looking forward to finding out more about the upcoming EP.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Eliharb wrote: »

It's just a description it won't list everything. More will be revealed in the trailer.

I kind of remember Realm of Magic's description literally listing everything + some lies about "quests".

But that wasn't a lie. It was true: "...and become a Spellcaster by completing a quest." Sure, it wasn't as extravagant as most were thinking, but it was a quest nonetheless.

That wasn't a quest. :D
    It was a task. :s

That's fair :lol:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    EA where is my pool table????? 🤔 I would also like book bags/backpacks and portable laptops. Please and thank you 🤞🏽😁
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    On a side note... I’m totally digging that side ponytail ❤️
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i apoligize in advance but the sims 4 uni is the most boring ep of the sims series will buy the pack mostly for the content but will not send my sims to universaty
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    you will hit a loading screen

Who cares - just like Sims 1, 2, and 4 so far - hasn't killed us yet! Many games have loading screens if they don't have open worlds - it is just the way gaming has always been. Maybe one day all games will have open worlds.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2019
    You know what makes me sad about TS4 and every new EP: 'The this or that' or 'This side or that side'. I should not be this way. We should get it all just like before, no compromises, no one side over the other. And the devs may keep saying that the engine isn't made for this, but THAT is exactly the mistake they made. They won't listen to their community, even when they could have simply done that from the beginning. They would make the same mistake again if they had the chance, I believe that.
    It is crazy in my eyes that after 3 series of 'experience', you would make a decision like that. It was doomed to fail.

Anyway, I won't keep my hopes up this time (and that even though UNI is one of my top favorites in general!) and i will try to stay away from getting hyped for news or new packs. I am feeling a bit done with it all and especially with another game on the market that kinds of caught my interest even though I am still very picky, it pushes me into the wrong direction when it comes to The sims. I have been here since the beginning and played all games with almost all expension packs.. I will not fill myself with false hope, cause I know TS4 was never designed to be the game most of us wanted it to be.

* Sorry for the negativity here, just felt this strongly as I red through some comments.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I would be excited for bikes but I feel 99% certain that activity will be for teens +. If they didn't make new locomotion animation cycles for mermaid children swimming, what are the chances they made them for children on bikes? And will bikes be limited to the new world, given it mentions bicycling around Britechester?

I also worry about how space/size if they're putting two different universities in one world. Remains to be seen, I guess.

I dont normally jump on the "omg children have been left out again" arguement even though it does suck sometimes but if we dont get children riding bikes and/or learning how to ride a bike, that's actually going to disappoint me because it would be a huge oversight.

Even though university is a young adult focused pack, if they're going to give us bikes I would really hope they will go all the way with them and give children the ability to ride them too.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I believe this is the real deal.
    It's very interesting, but I have some big concerns.

I love that there are rival two colleges, the new careers, secret societies, dorms and off campus living.
    But how much creative control do we have over dorms? Can our sims visit the rival school? Are there more than three careers and are they rabbit hole careers or interactive? It says nothing about fraternities and sororities, so I doubt they are part of this pack. Will the world have extra lots that will allow us to place community lots of our choice? I want to add a bowling alley, cafe, and bar to the town. Will the town spaces be flooded with townies from all the other worlds instead of university students?

I really want robots back in the game, as I loved TS3 Plumbots, but I wasn't all that crazy about Ambitions simbot's, until I made one look human.
    Plumbots had quite some depth in Into The Future, I am doubting they will with all the stuff going on with the University pack. I would be happy with making simple service bots and working up to the ultimate human looking android.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I really hope the other NPC within the university age along with your character. It feels too weird your sim growing up while their best friend from uni still stuck in the same age they met.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    I thought sims would be late teens when going to Uni... are they Young adults? Hm, then i might not get this pack. in my game sims become YA when turning 29 years old. It feels a bit weird sending them off to Uni that age... If I turn then YA earlier, they will hardly be Teens at all... hm... I'll stop thinking too much...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    I really hope the other NPC within the university age along with your character. It feels too weird your sim growing up while their best friend from uni still stuck in the same age they met.

This is one of the things I hated about university in TS2/3.
  • Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    I too have questions about aging while in university. I like to let grandparents meet their grandchildren while they are elders.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited October 2019
    It is real. It was leaked on the XBOX Microsoft store. You can find more information here, at SimsCommunity.
    https://simscommunity.info/2019/10/19/leak-the-sims-4-discover-university-expansion-key-art-description/

I am particularly excited for the "off-campus" feature. Does this mean that our Sims won't be confined to the University world while they attend?
    Something I hated i]and loved[/i in TS2/TS3 was that your Sims had to leave your neighborhood behind. There are a lot of neat things in Uni world, but you are pretty much capped off from other EP/basegame content [such as venues, activities, events, etc] while you are in a Uni world.

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm guessing that bike riding will be only for this new world ala Aqua Zips in Island Living. But better than not at all.

My concern is that there will be one world, Britechester, that will probably contain both universities (how would you prank them and have a rivalry) so that means that they both might be smaller than past universities. But if they are well done, I'd be fine with that.

Robotics! Yippie!
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited October 2019
    If Discover University does not feature greek houses, this game is not like University and University Life at all.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    If Discover University does not feature greek houses, this game is not like University and University Life at all.

TS3 University Life’s Greek houses were nothing more than glorified single-sex dorms.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited October 2019
    This pack certainly has a ton of potential, going off by the description. I just hope EA will deliver.

Functional, TS2-like dorms and roommates will make this pack nearly an insta-buy for me. Especially if the functionality can be used outside of university.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    This is the description that was found on the X-Box Microsoft Store site.

Second paragraph: "wear school colors..."

48926515791_fcc529be26_b.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    The description kind of implies that bikes are only available in Britechester, but it's better than nothing I guess

It's also good that we get to choose from two universities this time.

If this is the case I hope any sim can visit the world just so they can use bikes. I could see a modder adding a mod for bikes in any world.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Another thing I'm excited about, for those of us who wanted highschool or other ages and don't mind using mods, this will open up opportunities for modders to turn this into some awesome school for other ages. :)

There were already some mods that did that (though I think they are all outdated now); but this can allow for features or improved schools in general for all ages.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I thought sims would be late teens when going to Uni... are they Young adults? Hm, then i might not get this pack. in my game sims become YA when turning 29 years old. It feels a bit weird sending them off to Uni that age... If I turn then YA earlier, they will hardly be Teens at all... hm... I'll stop thinking too much...

18 is young adult as that is when you are seen as an adult, so it makes perfect sense really as how many 16 year olds or younger even go to college or University?. And I seen people of all ages at college for various reasons, it's not weird at all (people had lack of money, opportunities, doing for a promotion, want to change jobs, etc...). I wanted to study fashion and learn coding so I can find a decent job.
  • pearson3pearson3 Posts: 33 Member
    What is going on with CAS for the middle one? The side braid looks like it's clipping into her torso. And the shirt looks like a flat overall texture. Looking at the full body pic it's not even real overalls, just a shirt? Weird. The lobster shirt is cool though, although we already have some short dyed spiky cuts.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited October 2019
    pearson3 wrote: »
    Looking at the full body pic it's not even real overalls, just a shirt? Weird.
    it's a dress
    like this
    hgF2j1a.png
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif