March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RoM: No magic on children ?

2...Next

Comments

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    LittleMsSam, a hero, updated her Scruberoo on toddlers to include children and pets.
    And an option for Delicisio on table and counter, instead of conjuring food on the ground.

I'm still exhausted by the fact that I need a mod at all for these very obvious uses of magic.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    LittleMsSam, a hero, updated her Scruberoo on toddlers to include children and pets.
    And an option for Delicisio on table and counter, instead of conjuring food on the ground.

I'm still exhausted by the fact that I need a mod at all for these very obvious uses of magic.

OK. My mods will apparently increase in number yet again. I was waiting for something like this mod. Thanks for letting us know.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    happyopi wrote: »

Omg, that's awesome, I might actually get this pack now when it's one sale.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2019
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Yeah they said it was “crossing the line” or “going too far” if they allowed to use magic on children. In the live stream.

And I remember responding “you could afford to cross that line.” Honestly wouldn’t be crossing any line at all.

Using any kind of magic or spells on kids or letting them do it, themselves, is crossing a line. But, correct me if I'm wrong, can't they die via pufferfish cooking? Cuz that's straight up murder xD
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    If this is your head-canon that is perfectly fine . What I don't like is this head-canon being forced on people who would prefer to tell a different story.

I would like my spellcaster to care for their child to their best ability, which for a spellcaster should be by using magic. Now they are incredibly selfish, using the need filling potion on themselves but denying it to their children. I would like to have the possibility to decide myself if my sims use magic to raise their kids or not instead of the decision being made for me.

And babies can't die in a fire. Regardless of what stories you want to tell. Magic is unavailable to children. That's the game. Accept it, move on, or play something else. Moaning about what isn't is not going to add to anyone's enjoyment of the game.

Why is it that every time somebody has a complaint or concern about this game, there's always someone waiting in the rafters to shut them down?

It's perfectly reasonable to air grievances about a product. It's how companies know what to fix or what to do better next time. And believe me, there is plenty to fix in this pack and in this game as a whole.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Yeah they said it was “crossing the line” or “going too far” if they allowed to use magic on children. In the live stream.

And I remember responding “you could afford to cross that line.” Honestly wouldn’t be crossing any line at all.

Using any kind of magic or spells on kids or letting them do it, themselves, is crossing a line. But, correct me if I'm wrong, can't they die via pufferfish cooking? Cuz that's straight up murder xD

Yeah, kids can burn to death and drown but they can't get magically cleaned, because that's going too far🙄
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2019
    It really is a shame too cuz I do like this pack. Underwhelming and buggy as it is, it's still a something that I've been looking forward to since day 1. I feel like this might have done better as an expansion because it has a lot of good ideas that, unfortunately, feel like they couldn't be fully fleshed out in just a game pack.

I don't believe for a second that kids were exempt because of some arbitrary moral standing (like that asinine doghouse excuse). Vampires I can slightly understand. But spellcasters? Come on! Kids use magic in fantasy stories all the time. One of the most popular fantasy stories in the world is about a bunch of kids who go to school for magic!

I think they just either didn't have time to copy the spellcasting animation onto the child models and restrict their spell access (I've been meaning to ask the guy who did the child magic mod for TS3 how long it took him to do that), or they just didn't think it was important enough. I wonder if that would have changed, had this been an expansion instead.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Hm...

For my part this pack is awesome!! I love the realm, finally I got magic and pointy ears. There is just so so much that I love about this pack.

*huggles the ROM-pack*

But situational outfits in the realm and not being able to just clean the kiddos with magic irritates me like plum. You can really enjoy something a lot and still see some things that you wish could have been different.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    edited October 2019
    Hm...

For my part this pack is awesome!! I love the realm, finally I got magic and pointy ears. There is just so so much that I love about this pack.

*huggles the ROM-pack*

But situational outfits in the realm and not being able to just clean the kiddos with magic irritates me like plum. You can really enjoy something a lot and still see some things that you wish could have been different.

Exactly, it is perfectly possible to point out the faults in a pack but still enjoy the gameplay we are given.
    The fact that I like this pack is the reason why I bring up those aspects that I would like to see improved. I wouldn't be bothered to discuss them that much if I didn't care about this pack.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    @Zulf_12 Just so you know, you are my new favourite person! Thank you!!