Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University comes with sports? Let's talk about this!

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
I am almost certain that this University EP that is probably about to come on November 15th, has sports as one of it's main features. I wanted to open this thread to throw in our ideas and speculations of how a sports theme would look like in a pack like this.
I do not want people discussing here whether sports is gonna be a thing or not in the next EP, so please :)

So things like: how do you think sports are gonna collaborate with this uni Ep? How many or what sort of sports would there be? What makes you think this EP is gonna be sport related as well? Have you seen any hints? What are you speculating, hoping for etc. Or what would you not like about it?

I am thinking this due to the latest tweet which seems to me like this sim fell due to a sports event. That's just how I feel about it.

Oh to add another thing to this tweet. His arm seems to be dirty what looks like mud or something. I am definitely thinking sports.

I also suspect Sports to be a huge thing, cause it is something new/different than previous uni packs and The sims 4 seems to do this quite often. I have red the comments about the sim and her description:

Capture-5.jpg

Comments

• Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    I would think that if sports were a feature in this Uni pack, then cross country, track, competitive swimming, and perhaps cycling would be included based on Morgan Park's biography, and Soccer/Football would be another popular choice, I think. (I long for ice hockey, but deep in my soul, I know it's pushing it to believe that we could get it)

It'd be really cool if sports led to careers in something like physical therapy or sports medicine, or maybe even a gym teacher xD ... That Iron Man competition mentioned in the biography would be really fun, also!
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I think if they add soccer/football it will just be a goal and ball and not the actual sport as the amount of sims and animations needed for a complete playing of the game would be demanding. Same with American football or any sport that needs a lot of players.

Sports I could see them adding that are playable:
    - Tennis/Badminton
    - Swimming
    - Wrestling/Martial Arts/Boxing
    - Gymnastics
    - Track
    - Table Tennis
    - Billiards

I can also see them adding in a rabbit hole sporting event and maybe including it as an after school activity for kids as well.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    I don't want to set my hopes too high. Team sports are something I really, really want in my game, but after the sparring nerf I'm wary. I guess it would be best to focus on two sports only, perhaps one real team sport (football or soccer or upgrades basketball) plus swimming.

What I want:
    - Ability to create teams that compete in a college league
    - Set team names and symbols, probably unlock special outfits for members
    - Tryouts for teams (optionally)
    - Real team Vs. team gameplay, not just two sims against each other
    - Gameplay for Cheerleaders and mascots
    - Trophies for buymode, medals for CAS (optionally unlockable by cheats)

What I do not want:
    - Performance in sports helping with grades or lowering tuition fees
    - Sims having to buy sports equipment at college (sims outside college should have to pay normally)
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    On one hand, I know that there's only one aspiration and one job for sports, so it's not as heavily represented as partying and drinking. On the other, I'd be very disappointed if most of Uni was about sports. There's a lot that Uni provides, so it doesn't need to be "mostly" about one thing at all, but doing its best to enhance everything.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I don't want to set my hopes too high. Team sports are something I really, really want in my game, but after the sparring nerf I'm wary. I guess it would be best to focus on two sports only, perhaps one real team sport (football or soccer or upgrades basketball) plus swimming.

What I want:

What I do not want:
    - Sims having to buy sports equipment at college (sims outside college should have to pay normally)

Team sports would be rabbit hole only. TS4's game engine is not really designed to be able to simulate an actual team match with many players.

qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited October 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »

What I want:

What I do not want:

Team sports would be rabbit hole only. TS4's game engine is not really designed to be able to simulate an actual team match with many players.

Sims 4 engine is clearly not designed for even 2 Sims to interact with each other which is why we still are missing things like slow dancing or any dance where they interact with each other 5 years later. Funny how he mentions a football game is 22 people seriously no one asking for football expects that this is their game they can set the rules of 2 teams of 4 each just another excuse.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Well Grant put the nail in the active team sports coffin. I really wanted my sims to be able to go to see a nonrabbithole game.

Well I will wait and see. I hope they can add tennis or volleyball in an active way.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

What I want:

What I do not want:

As if someone is expecting The Sims to suddenly turn into Fifa lmao.

We have had football in TS2 Freetime and in TS3 Seasons, that's what people mean.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2019
    Why would they do this to TS4? Why didn't they just take the time to use a better engine? :( years ago I thought this game was going to be the end of everything (Other language slang for super awesome)
    Is this why two sims can't even ride a boat? And water balloon fights look awful?

I don't know what sports we might get if any but all I can say is I would love tennis, volleyball and soccer. Not exactly a sport but pool tables and pingpong would fit well too. Even if it's not perfect because if the game engine it's still nice to give us what they can rather than nothing. I'll take those wonky waterbaloon fighter over nothing.
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Soccer would make sense since it is so international. It's not something I need, though. Fencing would be awesome.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Not a particular fan of Sports IRL (I watch the Olympics and root for the Cubbies... and that's about it.)

In the Sims, however, I'd love to have After school sports (with games on Saturdays or Sundays) for Teens, at least. Maybe a "junior" version just on M/W/F for children. (I'm not actually sure how it works IRL, my kid was in Drama)
    For adults, Rabbit holes for team sports.
    Maybe a 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 option for friendly unofficial games of Rugby/American Football/Soccer but that's asking for a lot of animation. (though I'd love to add it as a Harvest Fest tradition.)
    Frisbee (that should be doable) and racket sports could be playable.
    Gymnastics/Competitive Cheer, while I'd love those options, probably falls into the "too many animations" category (and competitive cheer requires a lot of character interaction for those pyramids and tosses)
    And I'd love, Love, LOVE it if they included martial arts. The animations with the military career in Strangerville were great, and as my daughter's other extra-curricular was (is) Taekwondo, I'd love to add that. And make it available to teens and kids (and even toddlers. Our Dojang offers toddler classes, and the Tiny Tigers are adorable) - okay, that's probably a pipe dream, but hey...
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    I think they will add football but only as two Sims passing a football back and forth on campus while other students are studying/reading/picnicking/laying around. They could use the same animation for playing catch with a baseball which I hope will also work for a parent and child. I don't think they will add cars but I believe they will add bicycles to be ridden around campus and they will have a bike rack to lock it up during class. I think tennis would be a good choice for them to add and I'm sure a swim team would work since the animations are mostly there already.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It would be interesting if,

1. the sports introduce in the pack is not only limited to those that attended the Uni. Perhaps, there will be leisure sports for elders or even children too instead of in a form of competition only, for example, golf or police and robbers game.
    2. it would improve the existing activities/sports in the game such as basketball, swimming or even fishing.
    3. there's a new specific lot (i.e., stadium, arcade)
    4. there's a new skills related to the sports instead of improving the fitness skill in general.
    5. there's a competition or group activities, (say marathon or colour run for example), anyone can participate as long as they registered and come to the event location.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sometimes the guru's say things like 'not possible' or 'due to this and that, we can't' and then suddenly it made it into the game, so I do not take their tweets or responds to any idea too serious. But I also know how TS4 is a very.. VERY small game. The last one gets me more and that is just sad. If I have to be honest, I also do not think that TS4 suddenly becomes awesome and have the sport section to be how it should have been for a 4th version of The Sims in general. Here is what I think the game will (yet again) disappoint us with:

- Sport events and competitions will be rabbit-holes. Sims can however only do tricks on their own just like the basket ball court thing from CL.
    - OR the animation won't go further then just 2 sims kicking a ball (or any other sport object) to each other with some mishits, tricks and quirky moves here and there. It will probably also all be connected to the fitness level.

Isn't it bad how we share our lowest expectations possible? This is what The Sims has become.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I'll be honest, I'd prefer sports - especially team sports - to be rabbit holes - maybe with chance cards. I don't play sports games, and I have no interest in trying to figure out how to play sports with my sims. I also have zero interest in watching my sim watch other sims play a sport. There's the TV and the computer for that. As it stands now, the professional Athlete career is just a day job with chance cards, and I'm fine with that.

A simple 2-4 sim pre-recorded interaction with my sim and some family/friends? That's fine. Practicing some of the sport moves alone at home? Sure. A whole sporting event? No thanks, not even close to interested.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I'd prefer sports - especially team sports - to be rabbit holes - maybe with chance cards. I don't play sports games, and I have no interest in trying to figure out how to play sports with my sims. I also have zero interest in watching my sim watch other sims play a sport. There's the TV and the computer for that. As it stands now, the professional Athlete career is just a day job with chance cards, and I'm fine with that.

A simple 2-4 sim pre-recorded interaction with my sim and some family/friends? That's fine. Practicing some of the sport moves alone at home? Sure. A whole sporting event? No thanks, not even close to interested.

^^^^ All of this. And if they're going to add sports to university, they better add more instruments or something non-sport related for those of us that don't like them.
  • NevonaNevona Posts: 32 Member
    I think it would be cool if there were two or more opposing universities and some sims have so much college pride that if one of their friends or family members attends their "enemy" college they hold a grudge or tease them about it
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I am almost certain that this University EP that is probably about to come on November 15th, has sports as one of it's main features. I wanted to open this thread to throw in our ideas and speculations of how a sports theme would look like in a pack like this.
    I do not want people discussing here whether sports is gonna be a thing or not in the next EP, so please :)

So things like: how do you think sports are gonna collaborate with this uni Ep? How many or what sort of sports would there be? What makes you think this EP is gonna be sport related as well? Have you seen any hints? What are you speculating, hoping for etc. Or what would you not like about it?

I am thinking this due to the latest tweet which seems to me like this sim fell due to a sports event. That's just how I feel about it.

Oh to add another thing to this tweet. His arm seems to be dirty what looks like mud or something. I am definitely thinking sports.

I also suspect Sports to be a huge thing, cause it is something new/different than previous uni packs and The sims 4 seems to do this quite often. I have red the comments about the sim and her description:

Capture-5.jpg

I mean bikes were in the leaked description. Not much about sports though besides juggling a soccer ball.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member

Capture-5.jpg

I mean bikes were in the leaked description. Not much about sports though besides juggling a soccer ball.

Could you share that leaked description with us. Never heard of this leak :)
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    LOL well at least they admit that Sims doing things in a coordinated way is not what the game is designed to do 😂😂😂
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Capture-5.jpg

Could you share that leaked description with us. Never heard of this leak :)

https://simsvip.com/2019/10/18/the-sims-4-discover-university-leaked-on-the-microsoft-store-description-box-art/
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• raej125raej125 Posts: 13 New Member
    Does anyone know if kids or children can attend sports events? I tried to take my kid with his parents, but he wouldn't go. Not sure if it's a glitch or if kids aren't allowed.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @raej125 I haven’t tried myself, but I’ve read on several occasions kids cannot attend sports events at Uni 😭