Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 DISCOVER UNIVERSITY OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION LEAKED + BOXART

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Guys it's not confirmed! Stop saying it's confirmed!

what's wrong with you?

===================================================================

anyways, it's been reported that the listing for TS4 Discover University has been taken down from the Xbox Store.

and, oh god, the description hasn't mention anything about laptops, bunkbeds, and backpacks. im getting worried

Laptops are already in the game, both base game and strangerville.

However you can't use them on the floor which really irritates me.

as for bunk beds I think they would be patched in so they wouldn't be a pack feature, and backpacks are so minor I don't think they deserve to be on the features list.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    - Classroom buildings are locked to Build/Buy, like tombs in JA. They may be unlocked through the cheat, but if so, special NPC sims like lecturers will no longer visit the building, like sages in RoM.
    I’m not sure there are classroom buildings at all. The game will not be able to simulate a lecture well (plus it’s boring for players to play through a lecture) so classes are probably rabbit hole only.

There might be lab buildings for robotics though.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    - Your sim is locked to the university world. Off-campus living is restricted to the neighborhoods of Britechester that don't contain school buildings (and are technically not part of campus).
    I doubt it. You can travel so easily in the Sims 4, it doesn't make sense to lock students in one world.

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    - Your sim is locked to the university world. Off-campus living is restricted to the neighborhoods of Britechester that don't contain school buildings (and are technically not part of campus).
    I doubt it. You can travel so easily in the Sims 4, it doesn't make sense to lock students in one world.

That's what I was thinking - there's no difference between a venue next door or one in a different world. Most of this doesn't appeal to me, but as long as I can send my university student into a rabbit hole for the day, it would work with my game. Mini-fridges (as long as they still behave as regular fridges) is reason enough to want this pack. They make kitchen design easier, because they don't block my view.

As another poster mentioned, the wording is a bit suspect. The style sounds right, however.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    The moment I heard about secret societies, I got really excited. I hope this is true as I really miss Sims 2. Also villainy and school rivalries peaked my interest. Also more than one school option sounds cool and new careers are nice. But if we get lawyers, we really need police and crime to come back to really make them work to their full potential.

This is the best year for sims ever. Finally got witches, swimming in the ocean (at least in Sulani) and mermaids back! Plus I did enjoy playing Strangerville. Been wanting less realism for awhile and going back to the random and silliness like Sims 2.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

This would not be the first time the team has done something that doesn't make sense.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm curious to see if the classrooms are public places like Festival in San Myshuno.

The students could ride their bike from any lot.
  • KTZKTZ Posts: 25 Member
    Still no bands? :(
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited October 2019

There are issues involved with having both non-student Sims and student Sims in one household. For example, if you want to send you teen Sims to college after graduating high school & have them live there, but you still want them in the same household as the parents without splitting into two separate households, so that they go back home for a break between school years. Currently there is no way for Sims in one household to live on two separate lots. Business lots don’t count as they don’t function as a home lot (for instance Sims will always go back to the home lot after leaving work).

What’s the easiest way to solve this? Use the game’s existing vacation system. It allows a single household to have both Sims living at home and Sims away on vacation (or this case, away at college). It also means you can easily choose to play either the Sims at home or the Sims away at vacation/college.

If they use a system like this, chances are they won’t allow you to live in a different world while going to college at the same time, as the university world will function similarly to a vacation world (currently you can’t freely travel to a lot in a vacation world. You must start/end a vacation in order to travel between home/vacation worlds).
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Ok hold my tea..

I was not expecting this leak. It was a fun read, but i do have some concerns while reading this

* Why does it seem like studying only gives purpose to the new 3 jobs and not all the careers? It has been mentioned this way 2 times in the description
    * I sure hope there are online classes and simple courses for every sim to up their skill level.
    * How is a new world confirmed? It could still be a university lot, campus lot etc. I will stay a little skeptical about this..

cos there were mentions of dormitories so i assume it will be the new lot type or something for that world.
    y'all got bread?
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »

what's wrong with you?

anyways, it's been reported that the listing for TS4 Discover University has been taken down from the Xbox Store.

and, oh god, the description hasn't mention anything about laptops, bunkbeds, and backpacks. im getting worried

if theres not bunkbeds i will actually go crazy!

We already have laptops. One that came with Strsbgerville and one that came in a base game update.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member

what's wrong with you?

Laptops are already in the game, both base game and strangerville.

However you can't use them on the floor which really irritates me.

as for bunk beds I think they would be patched in so they wouldn't be a pack feature, and backpacks are so minor I don't think they deserve to be on the features list.

i want proper laptops, been wanting this multiple times now, those laptops from SV are just inventory-able computers and it's lazy.
    y'all got bread?
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2019
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    I'm trying not to get too hype since I was very hype for both IL and ROM and those disappointed me but so far this sounds amazing. I'm so glad we can live off campus because being trapped in the college world on the Sims 3 drove me crazy lol.

This is exactly what I was going to say. I feel the excitement building inside but I don't want to be disappointed again. :D
    The description of ROM sounded so complex and deep I was ranting on about it to my sister how amazingly complex it was going to be. Only to discover it's simple enough for my 7 year old niece to be a top spellcaster without any guidance.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    even do i plan on buying it will not be sending my sims to universaty andsorry to say this but as a player i think they should of put the universaty ep the last ep before realising sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    I've been thinking about something. Do you guys think these leaks are done or purpose all the time by EA or whoever? And they make it look accidental so we start getting hype and everyone starts talking about it? Probably boosting sales.
    It's a method that works everytime.
    Or you think these are genuine "leaks"?
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    It sounds good so hopefully it doesn't disappoint. I'm pleased about the new careers. I've mentioned a few times that I want Education back. Engineering and Law will be nice to have too. The game really needed some new careers.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2019
    I am a bit disappointed by the lack of majors. This is exactly what I feared - like 4 "general" majors (the ones we got are not even general in my eyes) that are made to fit all careers.

What would an engineer even study? Not all types of engineering do "computer science" (also it's a big part of it, but engineering is not the same as computer sicence). And what about music, medicine, etc? Why give us stupid "villainy" when there are so many other basic careers? I do like the 3 new careers though.

I hope there is the possibility for modders to create more majors. As for this I am really disappointed, the studying itself is the thing I want.It would be great if it had a tool so we could create majors ourselves so supernatural players can have their magic University and I can have my realistic gameplay majors.

Campus life was never my experience of University (I commuted and lots of Unis in Germany don't have a full campus but their faculty buildings are rather scattered around the whole city). I do like the soccer thing, but I fear it will be like basketball we have in game, no real game possible, just "practising shots" or "dreaming of big game". When we aren't so lucky, it will be confined to 2 or 3 Sims and for teen+ only.
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    @Dakota88 I'm disappointed about that too. I must have missed that when I first read the description. They should have given a few more major types.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Found this info on SimsVIP first. Super excited now. I don't think that the courses specified are all there will be, at least I hope not because I would love my sims to study history like I did.
    I am happy there will be two options of universities, and a rivalry sounds cool. I'm looking forward to learning more.
    HSau :)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    I am a bit disappointed by the lack of majors. This is exactly what I feared - like 4 "general" majors (the ones we got are not even general in my eyes) that are made to fit all careers.

As this is just a quick summary of what is included, I think there is a chance that they just listed off four of the majors as an example and not the full extent of choices.

Also, love the villainy major, it's perfect for some of my less savory vampires.
    Another thing I'm excited about, for those of us who wanted highschool or other ages and don't mind using mods, this will open up opportunities for modders to turn this into some awesome school for other ages. :)
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Ping Pong tables? What about pool tables??? I see a lot more people asking for pool tables than ping pong tables!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
    edited October 2019
    Dakota88 wrote: »

As this is just a quick summary of what is included, I think there is a chance that they just listed off four of the majors as an example and not the full extent of choices.

I hope you're right, but this would be something they do in TS4, so I fear it's not too far fetched that these are the majors we got.

Also I fear they tried to make them really general:

biology = doctor & veterinary career, also cook and sports career,
    computer science = all of the tech careers (tech guru, engineering) also the science career and astronaut things
    villainy = police, crime and law career
    art history = archeology, style influencer, entertainer, writer, social media, art critic, also politics career (lots of politicians are general arts or law majors, so villainy could work with politics too),

So, I fear that's all we got.
    Another thing I'm excited about, for those of us who wanted highschool or other ages and don't mind using mods, this will open up opportunities for modders to turn this into some awesome school for other ages. :)

Yeah, I hope so too :)
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Ok hold my tea..

I was not expecting this leak. It was a fun read, but i do have some concerns while reading this

* Why does it seem like studying only gives purpose to the new 3 jobs and not all the careers? It has been mentioned this way 2 times in the description
    * I sure hope there are online classes and simple courses for every sim to up their skill level.
    * How is a new world confirmed? It could still be a university lot, campus lot etc. I will stay a little skeptical about this..

cos there were mentions of dormitories so i assume it will be the new lot type or something for that world.

Yes I know, but it could still just be just lot type to be placed in any other world. I mean, in general i would think we get a whole world yes, especially cause it is an EP and it would be weird to not have one. But I have to see it first to be sure about it as I am trying to not get my hopes up to high since TS4 is good in crushing those. Even when it seems to obvious sometimes.