Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 University: Would you prefer a traditional closed-campus, or a campus woven into a city?

2...Next

Comments

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    A Different Kind of Campus - Maybe a blend of the above? Something entirely different?
    I liked how in Sims2 you could choose between 3 different campuses. You had the traditional campus Sim State University but you could also choose La Fiesta Tech which was a quiet desert world far from the city and Académie Le Tour was like studying abroad and similar to the vacation world of Champs Les Sims in Sims3.

Now I'm not expecting 3 different University worlds in Sims4, but I think that combining or blending some of these aspects would be interesting. While I do hope that it will be a usable world where we can travel to outside University I think it will be a hidden world much like the world in ROM or Sixam the hidden alien world.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    A Different Kind of Campus - Maybe a blend of the above? Something entirely different?
    On another thread, someone suggested that it would be good to not be bound to living on campus. They said it would help with things not becoming repetitive because you could be playing multiple sims that live in different worlds but attend uni.
    This would be cool, especially if you had a sim who was going back to school because their children were old enough to be independent but still needed their parents. It would add that depth to gameplay.
    My desire for a campus world would be for it to be a very fleshed out one if my sims were to stay in it. I would hope they could go home at the end of term, if they want to. I liked TS2 and 3 for different reasons. Ts3 had a great campus, but had a lot to do with the open world element. Ts2 was my favourite for a lot things that I hardly remember because it has been so long.
    HSau :)
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    A traditional campus to me is the city/urban campus - no campuses in my country are closed. Students are a mix of on campus in dorms (mostly overseas or far rural students) and day students who live off campus (plus older night students - off campus.) All bars and other facilities are used by everyone in the local community not just university stiudents. I would like to see a mixed style campus so my sims can live like i am used to but I bet we get the closed experience.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Kind of stuck between the traditional one and a completely new blend. I like surprises and new ideas IF they are good, but I think the devs would be capable of doing this. It seems they learn from previous sims games and try to bring in the good functioning features for a smooth gameplay.

I wouldnt want a uni in the middle of the city. I like the whole idea of sims moving to their own little world and starting something new, but maybe they can choose different areas. A very rich university like Princeton or Yale in the traditional way in their own little world surrounded in a forest or something and then you have a lower quality university placed in a small town that looks more regular and not very historical.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Traditional Campus - I would prefer a suburban, small-town, or rural campus world
    I definitely prefer the traditional set-up and would really dislike if they just added some Univ. lots in a regular world. Now, I would like two different University towns - one more rural and one more urban.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Traditional Campus - I would prefer a suburban, small-town, or rural campus world
    I want something that will work with the 1920s boys' boarding school I already have in my game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Which is similar to the college destinations from The Sims 2 University and The Sims 3 University Life
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I think a University town would work best with a traditional campus. With a campus neighbourhood (Student union, quad, library, dorms, welcome fair and graduation events like City Living festivals etc), a fraternity row neighbourhood (greek houses, dorms, housing), an off campus neighbourhood (houses, maybe apartments), and a town centre (bars, coffee shops, bookstores, apartments)

I'm guessing the principal campus will have either a Colonial Revival Architectural Style (like Harvard, or like Sim State University from Sims 2), or a Collegiate Gothic style (like Cornell, or the University in Sims 3) due to the strong association of what a university looks like based on the American media output. I know not everyone lives in America, but as someone who attended a former poly in a former industrial estate, as well as a redbrick in a traditional suburban campus, the latter is much more engaging and conducive to student life and activities, whereas the former was basically an office park people couldn't wait to get away from.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I would expect there to be some sort of campus, but universities, certainly in Ireland and the UK do not exist in splendid isolation. They are located in larger towns or cities and have full access to those places and most of the student population live in privately rented accommodation around the locale.

Campuses here can also be spread across towns with different departments in different locations and university accommodation also being mixed between some closer to the central buildings and some throughout the town. I cannot see the game replicating that though.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    What I really want is an updated version of Sims 2 University. That was one of my favorite EPs for that game. But in all honesty, I don't see them doing that.

I don't really care too much how the city is, as long as I can have my Sims living in dorms and having dorm parties and living irresponsibly while struggling with their homework and grades. :D
    #Team Occult
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited October 2019
    City/Urban Campus - I would prefer a city campus in a world that is also useable outside of the University experience
    I would rather be able to go there if I want to. Hopefully, hotels and multiple room dorms will be part of it
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    City/Urban Campus - I would prefer a city campus in a world that is also useable outside of the University experience
    izecson wrote: »
    Traditional please and no bar lot, it's overused.

Yeah, the tiki bar is the only one that interests me. One you can use at the pool (pool bar) or a goth one would be great in the future. Otherwise, yes, we have to much already.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    And this is closer to the reality and that's what I prefer:)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well i would like a highly accredited college - not a community college or one for lifelong learning but one where a student can obtain a Masters Degree and their doctrine - where you reside on campus with other college students - much like Sims 2 style was (an accredited college) and nothing like Sims 3 which was a college of life long learning.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I want build my own campus where ever I want.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019

I would guess that is not possible as the present worlds do not have enough lots for one - never mind the type of buildings on a University would not be assigned to any of those lots before the game is added to the pack. Of course that is just a guess where the devs assign each kind of building with certain content to make it perform as that type of building in Sims 4. I would assume as with all previous worlds, the town for a campus comes complete with those assignments added to the new worlds lots only.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I would guess that is not possible as the present worlds do not have enough lots for one - never mind the type of buildings on a University would not be assigned to any of those lots before the game is added to the pack. Of course that is just a guess where the devs assign each kind of building with certain content to make it perform as that type of building in Sims 4. I would assume as with all previous worlds, the town for a campus comes complete with those assignments added to the new worlds lots only.

You don't actually need that many buildings on a campus. There are online universities with no buildings at all! The basic requirements for a university could maybe be a new lot type like a center/student union. Then buildings like bars/libraries/dorms are others, but you don't need that many. I might want a party university with nothing but bars everywhere. Or a really academic one with lots of libraries. I'd love a system where you can create a university and assign different buildings to be part of the campus, with it being completely flexible. That's my dream, though I doubt it will actually happen.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I personally would like to have a choice of on and off campus education. People can either earn their degree online at home or travel to a new world or take classes in the town/world they live in. Probably wouldn't happen and since traveling isn't much of an issue like before so it isn't a big deal; but it would still be cool to have various options.

For those who have realm of magic, it would be cool to have a school like Hogwarts where Sims can study magic or with get famous, work on their entertainment career. Be able to integrate packs a bit more.