Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play 1 hour -> Write down list of desired fixes/upgrades etc.

13...Next

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Raichisims wrote: »
    -can't move windows horizontally without snapping, whilst vertically I have free reign of window position.

You have made many fine observations yet, this one bothers me the most. Sometimes, I really need a window or a door to straddle between two tiles and the game simply won't allow it. I always have to go on a mad cc hunt to see if someone has made a two-tile version of the window that I need. Thankfully, Peacemaker usually has something. Still, I'm not sure why EA doesn't bother to provide the same. Because modders will do it for them?

If windows and doors were allowed to move smoothly along the x-axis -- or even in half-tile increments -- I could do away with a good bit of build mode cc.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Fix the packs we paid for, that they broke with new packs/patches.

Trick or treat
    Restaurants
    The stupid hats, accessories, outfits that get applied on the Sims I am not playing.

This is off the top of my head, since I can't bring myself to play for an hour. I am waiting for a pack that is good enough to make me want to play again... Something tells me I will be waiting a long time.
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    - If a sim has a job or school, they should be there.

this. all this annoys the hell out of me but its also by design. i raised a bug report for it last year and was told its by design. no other explanation than that and tbh id forgotten id done that and only discovered the response a few days ago so it was too long to contest it. it bothers me more that children/teens are wandering around whereas YA+ could have holidays/days off/unemployed etc. i only play one household per world so to me thats a possibility.

in my recent play through the below really grinds my gears (apart from things already posted):

- pets arent in the calendar for their birthdays. i know they just age up but id like to know when
    - every single storage of the same type is linked, even the digital photo frames from moschino. this annoys me especially when compared to sims 3 where i could have a painting chest, ingredients chest, treasure chest etc.
    - they have no smart AI when it comes to proximity eg 3 empty bathrooms, nah, let me walk to the 4th which is past all the others and currently in use.... or let me return the book i used to a bookcase on the other end of the house
    - if a sim is too low leveled to read a lvl 3 cookbook i shouldnt be able to select it coz then they get that annoying debuff and it can be tricky sometimes to tell if they can or cannot read it yet
    - i cant stand the look of gardening skill plants when theyre outside. they look dead even in their season of growth. as a result all my sim houses have a room/basement created where the garden is situated in planter pots or boxes so they look lush and green and alive
    - id like a sell all from household inventory. especially when moving house or a sim death, it gets tedious after a while selling plants and upgrade items
    - the maid/gardener lying about cleaning my house when im away. ive had sims get that message with the maid in their home. silly.
    - speaking of away sims, would it be possible for the ones left behind to ACTUALLY TEND TO THEIR NEEDS OR SLEEP!!!!! this one reaaaaally grinds my gears. i might take one sim to the jungle for 3 days and more often than not, when i return my other sims are all red in social, hygiene and energy not to mention in those 3 days not once is their sim icon blacked out to represent them sleeping. clicking care for self seems to do sweet nothings so why is it even an option.
    - i would love it, if sims changed out of their work gear and into their everyday gear when they get home from work. currently have an astronaut and its a tad ridiculous seeing her wander around her home in full space gear
    - itd also be great if choosing 5 different presents for children worked. i dont bother anymore as ive noticed they always wear option #1 even if ive given them 5. if they wont choose dont give me the option
    - this one regards CAS and has steadily annoyed me more and more as i play. can we PLEASE have a menu button or something that lets me select upper or lower body. the amount of times ive accidentally plumped or thinned out my sims or changed their face clicking from head to body and back again to remove something is annoying, sometimes i dont even notice ive done it and end up with a funny looking sim. i also HATE that i cant change some details without first clicking say their nose and then into edit detail mode.
    - i would also love to be able to favourite my own outfits. i love SOME of the styled looks but would also like to add my own favourites. give us a button below styled for favourites so looks that are constantly used can be easily found
    - id also LOVE a favourites in buy mode especially as somethings i can never remember what its called and need to load up another save file just to find it.
    - on buy mode, can we please get the option to expand the list. two rows just isnt enough to view everything and alot of times i miss what im looking for

thats all for now and alot of what gripes me has already been mentioned. heres hoping the gurus see this and update it coz some of these gripes (to my untrained no idea on coding self) might be easy enough to implement
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Sims actually have a deeper personality system that can make the players feel that they are playing and controlling unique sims based on their reactions rather than dolls that are emotionless.