Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Spent $40 to get Noticed

So, I was holding off on getting Vampires and Realm of Magic because I'm not really into supernaturals. However, I was recently considering getting them… but I held off because the combined price was $40.

Anyways, I've greatly admired SimGuruNinja ever since he responded to my thread back in September 2018. I noticed that he was in today's Guru Games livestream. And, naturally, I wanted him to notice me.

During the livestream, I asked if I should get RoM. The simgurus streaming told me that I should. Then, I asked if I should get Vampires, and one of the simgurus in the chat said that I should.

I considered it in my head for a little bit. Then, the topic of which of the gurus chat preferred came up. So... I decided to be bold. I said that, if David read my comment, I would buy both RoM and Vampires. And, as you've probably guessed... he read it.

So... @SimGuruNinja , here's your proof:
Proof.png

I hope I enjoy these packs. (But, even if I don't, it was worth it!)

Comments

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    That is the one and only target though..

Ok, I want to be supportive to you, so hope you enjoy your game :) ROM has some nice objects if you like building.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Hee hee! I hope you have fun with them! <3
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    You just got my favorite 2 packs 😂 hope you have fun too!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    @GamingTweety Judging by the fact that your profile picture used to be Caleb and is now Morgan, I figured as much! :D
    @SimGuruNinja Thank you! I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate them into my current rotational save. I have a goth sim who I'd like to become a vampire, but she needs to become a teen first. I can't wait to try out the new occults though!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Realm of Magic and Vampires are the only Game Packs I own, and I know for sure that I don't regret it. I hope you enjoy them!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Realm of Magic and Vampires are the only Game Packs I own, and I know for sure that I don't regret it. I hope you enjoy them!

They are the only two I don't have as well. I have no intention to ever get vampires, but I'm told the magic stays in the portal area with rom if you never go there so I might get it for cas one day on a good sale haha
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Haha I can't imagine buying any pack because a stranger read my post? (or even someone I knew for that matter 😂) But I hope you enjoy them. Have fun!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    So, I was holding off on getting Vampires and Realm of Magic because I'm not really into supernaturals. However, I was recently considering getting them… but I held off because the combined price was $40.

Anyways, I've greatly admired SimGuruNinja ever since he responded to my thread back in September 2018. I noticed that he was in today's Guru Games livestream. And, naturally, I wanted him to notice me.

During the livestream, I asked if I should get RoM. The simgurus streaming told me that I should. Then, I asked if I should get Vampires, and one of the simgurus in the chat said that I should.

I considered it in my head for a little bit. Then, the topic of which of the gurus chat preferred came up. So... I decided to be bold. I said that, if David read my comment, I would buy both RoM and Vampires. And, as you've probably guessed... he read it.

So... @SimGuruNinja , here's your proof:
    Proof.png

I hope I enjoy these packs. (But, even if I don't, it was worth it!)

Right, because EA's contract doesn't include promoting their own game, in their own stream.....as boring and lacking as it is. Obviously they told you to get them lol

Vampires is really good though. One of the few packs I'd say is worth the asking price.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Got Vampires solely for the CAS & b/b, both of which I use frequently, especially the b/b. If I get ROM (currently waiting for a sale and mess removal) it would be for the same reason. I don't like the blood-suckers (though have discovered a sim can make a decent living with a garlic farm), and am not keen on magic, but what I could build...
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    You will love vampires!!! I. Hope so atleast. I sure do :D I don't know how you like to play but its awesome to make two clubs of rival vampire gangs living in the dark mysterious forgotten hallow. Sacrificing humans for plasma..
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    @Babykittyjade Well, I’m more of a family player (hence not having it in the first place), but... I could try something of the sort... I guess.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I wouldn't be hanging out on here if I disliked the game and concepts. I respect all the gurus because I think it is interesting creative work. Like, sure, there are bugs and things to tweak, but still, it's a fun game and great for people who like this type of play.

I mean, when else do adults get to be so imaginative?

I was never a supernatural player before but I may dip my toe into it further at some point.

I have kind of a cool job myself but not as creative as they get to be. I think more adults should get this excited and willing to think about the world in quirky ways.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I hope you enjoy them. I know I do. I have been playing with Vampires since the pack came out and now playing with spellcasters.
    @Babykittyjade Well, I’m more of a family player (hence not having it in the first place), but... I could try something of the sort... I guess.

Well, one good thing about the occults is that you really don't have to use the fantasy aspect of it. For example once vampires are leveled up to resist the sun and what not, if you don't use any of the vampire powers or the world they are just like normal sims. (Besides the occasional hissing lol)
    And you don't even have to drink from humans they have plasma packs.
    You paid for it already so I hope you get some enjoyment out of both packs however you decide to play! Even if it's just the B/B items 🙈

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    very interesting consumer decisions there but I hope you enjoy them nonetheless :D
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I don't have ROM yet but I look forward to it when I can get it. I do enjoy the Vampires pack. I think it's fun and I like the build/buy items
    WbUrFQm.png
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I remember seeing you in the stream. Hope you enjoy the packs. I enjoy them quite a bit myself.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    @Scobre I was hoping someone would recognize me! :smiley:
    edited October 2019
    Update: I created a new save to test out Vampires. My vampire’s name is Katherine and she’s a succubus. (In other words, she’s going to woohoo with a lot of sims.) Her aspiration is Vampire Family, which seems to be more about converting sims than having kids. She’s going to be a social media influencer using the video station. I plan to have her convert a few of her partners and have a harem type of thing with kids from various parents. Eventually, one of her kids will continue the “tradition” of her mother.
    It sounds like a fun plan! That's what I love about sims the beauty to create different kinds of stories! <3
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Update: I created a new save to test out Vampires. My vampire’s name is Katherine and she’s a succubus. (In other words, she’s going to woohoo with a lot of sims.) Her aspiration is Vampire Family, which seems to be more about converting sims than having kids. She’s going to be a social media influencer using the video station. I plan to have her convert a few of her partners and have a harem type of thing with kids from various parents. Eventually, one of her kids will continue the “tradition” of her mother.

@Simtown15 I like your style. B)
    Laugh out loud. Often
    Alright; here's what happened so far:

Katherine became pregnant with Gavin Richards's baby. She gave birth to a girl, then got pregnant with Johnny Zest's baby soon after. Meanwhile, she became a famous YouTuber. She met Ulrike Faust and became interested in her romantically. (I plan to have them get married after the heir is produced.) Then, Alice (the baby) aged up, but she wasn't a vampire, so Katherine sent her to grow up with her father. Katherine will continue to have children with various men until she produces a vampire heir for her matriarchy.

I kind of feel bad for giving away Alice, but she had just aged up to a toddler like an hour prior, so I wasn't TOO attached. I think I was just disappointed that she wasn't a vampire, especially considering that the child on the way is a boy, i.e. not eligible to become an heir. Maybe I'll eventually start a side story in which Alice becomes a spellcaster. Idk.

Honestly, I'm getting sort of bored. Usually, when I get bored, I have my sims have a ton of kids, but I want to try finding a different way to play this time around. Any ideas on what to do next?
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Well done! Both packs are amazing, I hope you enjoy playing occult as much as I do....