Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freelance Photography Perk: Take Photos of Sims and They Become Your Super Good Friends.

Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
My sim is using a tripod and camera to pose hired models and also neighbors who are visiting. Taking photos cause the friendships to blossom. I love it. I hope it's not a bug that gets removed. I have no custom content or mods.

I am going to start a new save and see if it happens again.

Really like the pack so far.

Comments

• Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
    Yes...the friendship perk is there if the tripod is used.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2019
    Even without the tripod, taking their pictures will increase in friendship as well. That was how my sim got her first and second friend.
  • AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Oh no... it's already so easy to make friends in this game :/
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The do get friendships really, really fast now. I'm kind of expecting this to be nerfed (so I'm taking advantage of it now).
    egTcBMc.png
  • hadklaxhadklax Posts: 467 Member
    I find this with all photos using the tripod e.g. the teen in my legacy family with a low level photography skill and not in the freelance career.
    It's a nice perk but it's sending the relationships through the roof! The relationships are going from about 20% or less to 75% or more!
    This is great for building friendships but less so if you're taking pictures of strangers, models or townies.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Personally, I like the idea. I hate leveling up, so ways to make that happen faster is a huge plus. If they do consider adjusting it, which I hope they don't, they should give it an off and on or "take pictures to gain friendship and a plain take pictures. Some simmers like it easy if they are interested in a certain way to play and all the leveling up gets in the way and discourages the simmer from the main reason they started the game to begin with. Same with relationships. I hope they keep it in in some way.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I noticed this too. Personally I think it's overpowered. What's the point of leveling up Charisma or working on acquiring points for the Incredibly Friendly reward trait? I think some increase is okay, but my photographer literally took like 5 pictures and suddenly she was super good friends with her photography subject.
  • Peapond69Peapond69 Posts: 74 Member
    edited August 2019
    Definitely pluses and minuses to this quirk or whatever it is, depending on your play style. It will be interesting to see if this is re-tuned in a patch.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Loved this little perk until my sim started getting older, and a "close friend" died just about every day. She has been perpetually grieving ever since 😂
  • LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    This is the funniest thing. It reminds me of the recently patched conservation research that magically skilled up everything super quickly lol
  • mentalwastelandmentalwasteland Posts: 19 Member
    Yeah, I started a new character to try out the freelance photographer career. He got a welcoming party and something happened and suddenly three of the four visitors had negative friendship with him. So I had him pull out the camera and start snapping pictures. Now they're all best buddies! :smiley:
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Peapond69 wrote: »
    My sim is using a tripod and camera to pose hired models and also neighbors who are visiting. Taking photos cause the friendships to blossom. I love it. I hope it's not a bug that gets removed. I have no custom content or mods.

I am going to start a new save and see if it happens again.

Really like the pack so far.

It is a bug. Hopefully it gets fixed.... it's too OP. The relashionships increase in matters of seconds the more photos you take.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1