Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Potion of Immortality?

Comments

• RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    wallisdj wrote: »
    Maybe someone can explain this: my sims grandson resurrected his grandfather. Then he gave his grandfather the potion of immortality. This potion turned the grandfather into a ghost. Then the grandson gave his grandfather the potion of resurrection. Nothing happened. However, when the grandfather drank a glass of water . . . poof! Back to being "human" again. Say what??????

Drinking a potion might lead to failure.
    Once failed, the potion of immortality turns the Sim into a ghost temporarily; that Sim is not “dead” so they cannot resurrect.
    Plus the potion of resurrection does not make a dead Sim resurrect, it just prevents your Sim from dying for 24 hours.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    when i play someone that has took the potion of immortality i always turn off aging for them, then turn it back on for other familys for households only,
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    So two of my sims that had drank immortality potions dropped dead of old age a couple days later, while they were still Young Adults. I wasn't playing either at the time it happened and only realized when their ghost texted the family I was playing. Neither had been cursed or anything. I'm going to try giving this potion to someone and play them exclusively to see if I can witness it happening and maybe gather more info. So just a warning. I do have some mods installed so going through those for compatibility will be one of my processes though all are up to date.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    So two of my sims that had drank immortality potions dropped dead of old age a couple days later, while they were still Young Adults. I wasn't playing either at the time it happened and only realized when their ghost texted the family I was playing. Neither had been cursed or anything. I'm going to try giving this potion to someone and play them exclusively to see if I can witness it happening and maybe gather more info. So just a warning. I do have some mods installed so going through those for compatibility will be one of my processes though all are up to date.
    Yikes! Thanks for the heads up. I just had my spellcastor brew some for her and her new husband, I think I’ll just use MCCC to make them immortal and “pretend” for now.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    3y0hY6b.pngUdIp2mx.png

Do you see the issue with these pictures? Not only was he flagged for disable death and disable aging, (which I did after my first two sims with the immortal trait from the potion died), but it clearly shows he has the immortality buff from the potion. And that he died from OLD AGE. Umm.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    3y0hY6b.pngUdIp2mx.png

Do you see the issue with these pictures? Not only was he flagged for disable death and disable aging, (which I did after my first two sims with the immortal trait from the potion died), but it clearly shows he has the immortality buff from the potion. And that he died from OLD AGE. Umm.

That certainly seems like a bug, have you tweeted the Guru's or posted this on Answers HQ?
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I read through this thread and got hopelessly confused. So what exactly do the potions of immortality and rejuvenation do? As I understand it:

Immortality: Prevents a Sim from dying of old age. Question: Is it one time or do you need to continue to take the potion and if so how often?

Rejuvenation: Prevents a Sim from ageing up. Questions: Is it a one time thing and you never have to take the potion again or does it reset the Sims age so he has to periodically take the potion again?
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited October 2019
    @Bronwin2 My understanding is that Immortality lasts forever i.e. once used your sim will age up to elder but will never die from old age, while Rejuvenation resets a sim's age to the beginning of their current age group but the sim will continue to age and so you will need to use the potion again to prevent them ageing up (like the Potion of Youth).
    Thanks. A nice clear explanation.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    Ther.s no age freezing potion on potion list. I tried the potion of immortality on my sim. Next day, he was still aging up as i remember. So I think it can be prevented from dying by old age. Save ur game as other name, then make a cake, add the birthday candles, and see who can be aging up. It will give the answer. If it was age feezing potion, the sim wont be on the list.
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    This potion has one more property. If a ghost drinks it, it will be resurrected. And will have a trait, also.
    Ok. One of my sims drank a potion of immortality and turned into a ghost. Now she won't turn back. Is there anyway to return her to normal?
    edited October 2019
    I had this bug. Moodlet somehow went away but her ghost state - not. Just give your sim another potion and it will be fine (if it doesn't fail again, that is).
    Ok. Thanks. I did that and it worked.
    The most hilarious part about this joke of a potion is that one of my sim that drank it and supposedly shouldn't die of old age - died of old age.
    ^Wrong. Similar (actually - absolutely the same) is the Potion of Rejuvenation. And GTW also has the same Serum.
    Potion of Immortality is different. But it's not working :D
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    ^Wrong. Similar (actually - absolutely the same) is the Potion of Rejuvenation. And GTW also has the same Serum.
    Potion of Immortality is different. But it's not working :D

Yeah... I have a few elders that I want to walk in my saves forever. Would be nice to give them the potion and just see them playing chess in the park and so forth. Keeping my fingers crossed that the potion will work in my game.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Did they test ANYTHING with this pack?! My sim drank this, turned elder, expected. Died of old age. *swearing* He even had the trait, I checked, so the potion "worked"... except that it didn't.

So I can't sell my potions... the ancient bloodline doesn't work so there's no point to generations I guess... and now the guy I wanted to keep around goes and dies. Well crap. :'(

This is the first and now the last time I ever buy a pack of any kind at full price.

Oh and to keep my rant on topic... I guess the answer to the question is that it does nothing.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    I had this bug. Moodlet somehow went away but her ghost state - not. Just give your sim another potion and it will be fine (if it doesn't fail again, that is).

@Faust-RSI, do you mean that giving your ghost sim another immortality potion to drink will restore them to their normal 'alive' state? I am having the same problem as @Bronwin2 - the potion backfired and my sim is still a ghost after more than a week. I am at my wits' end.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @FKM100 If having your Sim drink another potion of immortality doesn't work, there's a spell that might do the trick. It's called 'Dedeathify.' The description simply says, "Restore a ghost to their original physical form." It doesn't say they have to actually be dead, just a ghost. However, the name of the spell does imply it's intended for the ghost of a dead Sim so it might not work. I guess it's worth a try anyway though. *shrugs*
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    If you're having issues with your potions of immortality not preventing Sims from dying of old age, please press 'Me Too' on this thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-ROM-Sims-dying-of-old-age-despite-immortality-potion/m-p/8227835#M105740

and also provide saves for them to test to help them resolve the bug!

As for my opinion on how immortality works in RoM, my personal lore for it requires no aging only, but can still die from everything else but old age.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @FKM100 If having your Sim drink another potion of immortality doesn't work, there's a spell that might do the trick. It's called 'Dedeathify.' The description simply says, "Restore a ghost to their original physical form." It doesn't say they have to actually be dead, just a ghost. However, the name of the spell does imply it's intended for the ghost of a dead Sim so it might not work. I guess it's worth a try anyway though. *shrugs*

Just to report back - I made my sim drink another potion of immortality and it did restore her to her normal physical form (thank heavens!). Before that, I tried the 'Dedeathify' spell on her, but it did not do the trick.
  • TX12001TX12001 Posts: 46 Member
    Just so you know it turns out this potion does not actually work.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    If you're having issues with your potions of immortality not preventing Sims from dying of old age, please press 'Me Too' on this thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-ROM-Sims-dying-of-old-age-despite-immortality-potion/m-p/8227835#M105740

and also provide saves for them to test to help them resolve the bug!

As for my opinion on how immortality works in RoM, my personal lore for it requires no aging only, but can still die from everything else but old age.

Noes, hope they get enough saves so that they can fix it. I really looked forward to using this potion in my saves.