Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What life stages would you like to be able to go to university ?

I've been thinking it would be cool if this pack was more aimed at the teen life stage, the sims 4 teens are more independent than the other games, very similar to adults, plus I know not all simmers do this but most people would like there young adults sims to be in their careers and maybe start having families if that's there game style, I personally would like this, Teens in the sims 4 are at the stage in life for me where they are experimenting, finding out who they are, Figuring out their future careers, studying , I would also like when the teen graduate they age up to young adult and have a head start on the career they studied for 😊

Comments

• CalebFillionCalebFillion Posts: 293 Member
    First we have not been promised Uni and second we have not been promised Uni. I think they need to take into consideration that not all countries are based on the USA. Not all school system are the same and I see no reason why if a child is gifted in academia they cannot attend university. I also thing there should be mature student accommodation. But what I want more than anything is to finally get a game pack that works the first time.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    First uni is one of most high requested pack, second it's the biggest selling one, they are not going to no make it 😊, I know everywhere is different but they cant add it all in lol
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Teens in Uni? Maaaybe if that was for a part of their studies (teens irl do go to university as most graduate at 18, that's 1+ year being teens in university. So that way, yes. But the YA stage being after uni? Nah. Most people don't graduate until they're in their 20s, unless they're academically advanced enough to speed through their courses.

I'd love if teens could take some classes though, to give them a boost when they attend full time. I'd also love if studies were open to all age groups above that so Sims could go back to studies at a later time in life if they choose to.

And I agree with CalebFillion, I hope they don't just make uni modeled after typical US universities. There's room for more than the usual dorm/frats/parties/US-based sports stuff.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    YA to Elder should be able to attend Uni.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited October 2019
    Perhaps maybe they could add a boarding school, I just feel that young adults and adults get the most attention in the game lol, although I get what you'd are all saying, teens in the sims 4 are practically like adults, the only things they cant do is get married, have kids and get full time jobs, they can live on there own etc, maybe they can do from teen - up
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Perhaps maybe they could add a boarding school, I just feel that young adults and adults get the most attention in the game lol

That's not a feel....it's reality lmao

We need a Generations pack for this, parenthood didn't do nearly enough and I'm still butt hurt that acne wasn't an actual feature....I guess it's traumatising and stress inducing to people lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Teens aren't really like teens in the sims 4, they go to school that's about it and yeah if you have parenthood you can set curfews and they have teenage moods, the point I'm making is that if you wanted to, you can have your teen with their own house, drinking and partying at the bar all night, so that why I suggested university being more aimed at teens, it's not like the sims 4 is realistic anyways, I know it's not completely realistic teens going to university then when they leave they age up to young adults but it's the sims 4 😂
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I get the want to have more for other life stages. I just think that uni is the one pack where it's not gonna happen, considering that the YA life stage was originally created FOR University. Here's hoping the pack will bring at least something for the other age groups and/or at least allow them to participate (well, Elders and Adults at least, hopefully)
    Maybe some sort of extra stuff for kids and teens to prep for university as they grow.

Let's agree to disagree 😂, if they make the teenagers more like teenagers then I would agree for university to just for young adult - up :-)
  • HumanBean16HumanBean16 Posts: 4 New Member
    There isn’t nearly enough difference between life stages in The Sims 4.
    edited October 2019
    Exactly what I'm saying teens can even get tattoos etc in the game, yeah in irl teens can do it but its against the law and the tattooist would get into alot of trouble 😂 where I'm from anyways lol so I'm guessing teens are supposed to be 18 in the sims 4 getting served juice at bars aswell as tattoos hahaha, they can go to uni then lol
    Edit: maybe not just for teens but I think they could have it teens + for this time for uni, yes in the sims 2 they did create young adult for university but the difference is the teens in the previous games actually acted like teens, they seem to be more 18 in the sims 4 than 14, 15
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    YA+.

I agree with @darrenfroggy and @CalebFillion
    And I agree with CalebFillion, I hope they don't just make uni modeled after typical US universities. There's room for more than the usual dorm/frats/parties/US-based sports stuff.

... And allow adults and elders to take classes. I would also like to see a general overhaul to the education system in TS4.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    I got to admit teens in the sims 4 are very weird, I dont know what the plum they are supposed to be 😂, I personally was shocked how they made them this time around, Teens is annoying life stage in the sims 4 because of this, so that's when that idea popped in my head, preferably I would prefer teens to act like teens, not just a copy and paste of adults then make them be able to go to school but this is what we got, so I thought of this , make them that they are just preparing for adulthood going to uni etc lol
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Teens and Elders because they have nothing to do otherwise.
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 113 Member
    Teen to Elder
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I would like University to be available for Young Adult and up. Also, college students can still start families. My Mom graduated when she was pregnant with me, and my Dad hadn't graduated yet when I was born.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Unfortunately, in today's Sim market, that's probably not PG enough for Sims.
    Looks to me university is coming to the sims 4, As the final pack this year.
    https://simscommunity.info/2019/10/19/leak-the-sims-4-discover-university-expansion-key-art-description/
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    teens and up, I think gifted teens (doing very well at school) should have the option to go to uni early, adults and elders could go to nightclasses or normally.
    I'd also like it of gifted kids could sit in during lectures.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat