Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Take a look at TS Freeplay.....

Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
Here they are, with fancy interactive hand dryers, paper towel dispensers and toilets with a wall flushing mechanism , and TS4 doesn't even have freaking stalls....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeEz_SlgmNc

I honestly can't understand why this happens.... the Firemonkeys clearly have much more love for their fans compared to Maxis. I understand that the Sims Freeplay is a mobile game with the shady microtransactions and all of that.....but at the same time here I am paying top price for an EP (40€ which is almost the price of a new game) with barely any interactive objects, rabbit holes and recycled animations from other packs sold as if they were brand new.

And on top of that Maxis just doesn't seem all that creative....or interested in giving fans what they ask for....when compared to their Australian co-workers. One of the coolest things about TS2 was how grounded it was, with teens actually getting acne, functional animated cars, etc. Real life things, some that may have seemed small but made the whole lifesim experience richer and deeper. While hand blowers and functional hand towel dispensers may seem kind of lame when thought of, at the end of the day they are part of the real life experience of going to any mall or public bathroom ever in the 21'st century, so it makes sense to have them.....yet they aren't present on TS4, which is suppose to be a lifesim. But like this there are many other examples, like curtains opening and closing when you click on them, waiters that have drink trays, from which other sims can get drinks from, etc.

It just annoys me that they keep on insisting on adding these ridiculous things that no one asked for....like rocketships, giant observatories, talking toilets, tablet checkouts, oddjobs, sleeping pods....etc, over more realistic things. The key word here is over and not on top of. I hope TS5 won't be like this, not this weird repetitive and uninspired mess which barely simulates life itself. I would hope a more creative yet grounded team would take over, but I have no hope tbh. Sorry for the rant, but this has been something that has been annoying me in this game since it launched.
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Ooh a rant thread I love a good rant thread.

I remember watching the Freeplay police update trailer and being green because it looked so much more fun than anything in Get To Work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFr90GP5hGQ

I haven't played it so I assume those are simplified actions tied to objects and not actual case gameplay with a resolution like we get but the PC version still feels like the game trying to be the least fun.
    And for the game supposedly trying to be the prettiest, even the police station we have feels empty and bare compared to the Freeplay one.

/rant
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I've been saying this from the beginning. They are slowly trying to move everyone over to the mobile games while simultaneously trying to kill off the main franchise. Why else would the mobile game have so much more to do than the main game? Not really something that's confirmed but its what I feel is happening.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    You should see the babies. Best babies the franchise has had yet. Children, teen, and toddlers have more activities too. They also have preteens. That game is just handling all but building playstyles better. Even CAS has more color options.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited October 2019
    The Sims Freeplay is a mobile game that has a way easier and cheaper game engine to modify and use. Also, Freeplay has microtransactions to "fund" it. PC games are a completely different thing altogether.

I know this is not an excuse because all that Freeplay has could be in The Sims 4. PC games take a lot more time, care, money, and resources, especially when adding something new to the core game. Still not an excuse but to me it's understandable why Freeplay has something that The Sims 4 hasn't.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I tried playing that game and even though I wanted to like it I just couldn't get past the god awful graphics. :D
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    From what I've seen sims not being able to do much, just look at fancy scenery, and the game not having more consequences are the main gripes people have with Sims 4. I have yet to find any form of consequences in Freeplay. The motives in this game are meaningless, all they do is give a bonus to the player's experience points. I'm pretty sure the Freeplay sims cannot even die from hunger.

Gameplay consists of clicking objects and then waiting in real time for the action to get completed. That can be minutes to hours to a whole day. Then there's the quests, you'll need to do them to unlock more features (like lifestages). Start the game, you will get assigned a quest. Finish it in time to unlock a not otherwise available object or house. Those rewards are permanently missable. Not available for premium currency, not by repeating the quest. And you cannot pause the quest queue, the best you can do is decide to let one quest run indefinitely and finish it the moment you think you have enough time to beat the next one within the time frame.
    Lots of other stuff is hidden behind paying real money (standard for a mobile game, but seriously offputting when you are used to the main series where cheats can override the locked status).

I agree that Freeplay is an enjoyable game in it's own right, and also that Sims 4 is lacking in many areas. But if you're seriously try to paint Freeplay as a better sims game than Sims 4, then you're looking for a radically different experience from a sims game than I do.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    From what I've seen sims not being able to do much, just look at fancy scenery, and the game not having more consequences are the main gripes people have with Sims 4. I have yet to find any form of consequences in Freeplay. The motives in this game are meaningless, all they do is give a bonus to the player's experience points. I'm pretty sure the Freeplay sims cannot even die from hunger.

Gameplay consists of clicking objects and then waiting in real time for the action to get completed. That can be minutes to hours to a whole day. Then there's the quests, you'll need to do them to unlock more features (like lifestages). Start the game, you will get assigned a quest. Finish it in time to unlock a not otherwise available object or house. Those rewards are permanently missable. Not available for premium currency, not by repeating the quest. And you cannot pause the quest queue, the best you can do is decide to let one quest run indefinitely and finish it the moment you think you have enough time to beat the next one within the time frame.
    Lots of other stuff is hidden behind paying real money (standard for a mobile game, but seriously offputting when you are used to the main series where cheats can override the locked status).

I agree that Freeplay is an enjoyable game in it's own right, and also that Sims 4 is lacking in many areas. But if you're seriously try to paint Freeplay as a better sims game than Sims 4, then you're looking for a radically different experience from a sims game than I do.

And so, I feel as if you missed the point of the thread entirely.....because I'm not comparing the core gameplay of the games. I'm comparing the fact that Freeplay is more in tune with reality when it comes to what gameplay objects they introduce to their games, the fact that they add some small gameplay objects that make it seem like sims actually live a life and experience things the way we do, and the fact that they seem to know what the fans overall want.

Did you ever play the sims and went "omg that's so realistic!" ? Because...that's a pretty awesome feeling, either aimed at how a sim behaved or how they interacted with something. And I seem to miss that moment a lot of the time when I play TS4. Hence my rant.

I personally don't see real rocket ships out in the street or on my neighbour's back yards but I mean....if someone does let me know. (that's a joke)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    And so, I feel as if you missed the point of the thread entirely.....because I'm not comparing the core gameplay of the games. I'm comparing the fact that Freeplay is more in tune with reality when it comes to what gameplay objects they introduce to their games, the fact that they add some small gameplay objects that make it seem like sims actually live a life and experience things the way we do, and the fact that they seem to know what the fans overall want.

Did you ever play the sims and went "omg that's so realistic!" ? Because...that's a pretty awesome feeling, either aimed at how a sim behaved or how they interacted with something. And I seem to miss that moment a lot of the time when I play TS4. Hence my rant.

I personally don't see real rocket ships out in the street or on my neighbour's back yards but I mean....if someone does let me know. (that's a joke)

I would very much prefer more realistic items in the Sims 4. I never place big silly looking items in my sims homes. Even the virtual reality type gaming machine is stupid to me.
    edited October 2019
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I would very much prefer more realistic items in the Sims 4. I never place big silly looking items in my sims homes. Even the virtual reality type gaming machine is stupid to me.

I'm exactly the same way......I think they should have added the VR glasses when they introduced the consoles in City Living as a game option... even TS3 had them and playing VR wasn't as popular back then.... it would be much better than a giant holographic gaming rig which I'm yet to see irl.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I've been saying this from the beginning. They are slowly trying to move everyone over to the mobile games while simultaneously trying to kill off the main franchise. Why else would the mobile game have so much more to do than the main game? Not really something that's confirmed but its what I feel is happening.

Wont happen only because the game looks like garbage and has microtransactions and a "this action will take x hours to complete or pay to speed through it". That's how freeplay was which was an immediate turn off. I'm assuming sims mobile is the same. I know it stills look like puke. Idk why we even need two mobile games.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    edited October 2019

Wont happen only because the game looks like garbage and has microtransactions and a "this action will take x hours to complete or pay to speed through it". That's how freeplay was which was an immediate turn off. I'm assuming sims mobile is the same. I know it stills look like puke. Idk why we even need two mobile games.

EA likes to make money.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    You know, I like the amount of items that the Sims have in FP.

That said, a ton of them are deco only. I understand the whole "omg animations" and realism, but comparing a mobile game that doesn't have relationships between Sims, doesn't have consequences at all (if you think TS4 doesn't have enough, think zero in FP). Its aim is to create as many shiny items as possible to lure people into buying more in the store, or buying LPs and SPs to get those items.
    It's a whole different model and obviously the goals will be different.

Not to mention that these items are, unless you have time 24/7 and don't need to sleep or eat, effectively behind a microtransaction paywall.
    I'd rather fewer items (and I don't mind the occasional wacky ones) and having a chance to actually enjoy them without just grinding through event after event with impossible goals.
    There are things I wish would make their way into TS4 from FP. But it's not better for having more trinkets.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Gosh I so agree with this thread. All i want In my sims life to be happy is simple everyday things. See saws, free babies, towel dispensers, being able to sit on the floor or have a picnic etc.simple animations of parents playing with their kids. I dont like the exaggerated toddler play who does that? I never use it, neither those giant unrealistic objects.
    They seem to not understand how much the "little" details mean, not the big fancy stuff.

I just found out sacrificial has a mod where sims walk and hold hands. I didn't try it out yet but I was literally screaming in my head over something so simple lol. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    The Sims Freeplay is a mobile game that has a way easier and cheaper game engine to modify and use. Also, Freeplay has microtransactions to "fund" it. PC games are a completely different thing altogether.

I know this is not an excuse because all that Freeplay has could be in The Sims 4. PC games take a lot more time, care, money, and resources, especially when adding something new to the core game. Still not an excuse but to me it's understandable why Freeplay has something that The Sims 4 hasn't.

I disagree....where is that so called time, care, money, and resources going to? A half baked mess for $40. All this time we wait in the dark for the next big thing just to be disappointed YET AGAIN. Take more time to make it GOOD. Make what WE want! No more BS. Now it’s too late for S4, but S5 (if there even is one) needs to be BETTER.
    P E R I O D !
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited October 2019
    Deleted
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member

Well, I'm very sorry to hear this, although I believe you may be correct. I'm simply not jointed at the hip with my mobile phone and I certainly am not interested in the least little bit in playing a game on it. Screen is far too small, and I cannot afford the much larger pad-type phones that might be large enough. I play on my gaming rig in my home office, and sometimes on my laptop, under duress.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/