Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out nearly unplayable

Anyone else still having issues with Dine Out? I don’t have any mods or CC, and yet it takes hours for my sims to get their food (if at all) and eat.

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Try using smaller well routed restaurants with less tables, that helps a lot.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I upgraded the Chez Llama Resturant by adding two more cooking stations for this very reason. The only thing I don't recommend it placing it in Magnolia Promenade because that little town is horrible in restaurant lag for some odd reason.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D67B60F086F411E881EC0BD7C32EF32B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=LaBlue0314&max=50&maxis=false
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    Ok, good to know about Magnolia Promanade because that’s where my restaurant was!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    Anyone else still having issues with Dine Out? I don’t have any mods or CC, and yet it takes hours for my sims to get their food (if at all) and eat.

There's currently a known bug where sims will autonomously stop eating their food because the action falls of the queue after they order the food. If you are having problems go to the Sims 4 Bug Reports HQ.

The experimental food photos are also bugged.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • WorramotWorramot Posts: 52 Member
    One particular restaurant I made was like cursed. It was full of unwashed dishes, sims never getting food, and a bunch of random food all around. Now it is known as curse restaurant. I do use mods so that is probably what “curesed” the restaurant lol
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    As to your question I never use dine out unless I want a lesson in frustration. It simply does not work. A two hour meal can take all day. I don't know what the problems are, but I simply don't use it.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I upgraded the Chez Llama Resturant by adding two more cooking stations for this very reason. The only thing I don't recommend it placing it in Magnolia Promenade because that little town is horrible in restaurant lag for some odd reason.

Thanks for the tip! I haven't yet placed one here but I'd been planning on it. It's unfortunate though because it feels like the perfect restaurant setting to me.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Sorry for everyone who has problems with dine out. It is a gamepack that I really enjoy using and I take my sims out to eat often. Ohh, don't worry, I have a couple of other bugs in my game so it's not like everything runs smooth but going out to eat does.
    Sorry for everyone who has problems with dine out. It is a gamepack that I really enjoy using and I take my sims out to eat often. Ohh, don't worry, I have a couple of other bugs in my game so it's not like everything runs smooth but going out to eat does.

It's really a trade off eh ;) What works great for some, doesn't work for others. At least we get some stuff to work most of the time? I have so many bugs, but so many things that work too so it could be worse? Ha. At least I still find ways to enjoy the game.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

It's really a trade off eh ;) What works great for some, doesn't work for others. At least we get some stuff to work most of the time? I have so many bugs, but so many things that work too so it could be worse? Ha. At least I still find ways to enjoy the game.

Ha ha, I know right.

My sims eat out several times a week without any problems but try to take a picture and it is a blurry mess. No tripod, max lvl photography or best camera in the game can save them. And I’ve got screenshots from say 4 years ago when my sims took perfect pics. Oh well. I will make a bug-report, just haven’t gotten the energy for it yet.

I will let my sims go out for a meal tonight and raise a glass for all those sims who are less fortunate in culinary adventures at the moment. Stay strong, it might get fixed.
    edited October 2019
    Camkat wrote: »

Ha ha, I know right.

My sims eat out several times a week without any problems but try to take a picture and it is a blurry mess. No tripod, max lvl photography or best camera in the game can save them. And I’ve got screenshots from say 4 years ago when my sims took perfect pics. Oh well. I will make a bug-report, just haven’t gotten the energy for it yet.

I will let my sims go out for a meal tonight and raise a glass for all those sims who are less fortunate in culinary adventures at the moment. Stay strong, it might get fixed.

Raise a glass for my sims please! They can run a restaurant fine and the townies can all enjoy meals, but if they go out to eat themselves, they watch the tables around them come and go as they slowly starve in their seats... *facepalms*
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    Raise a glass for mine too. They are served their meal but I have to force them to eat it sometimes several times. And if at the table there are Sims that I do not control they will not eat a bite. What a waste of food. Bad for the planet.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/13758-world-sim-control-10-restaurants-dine-out-gp/ This is the suite of mods I use that takes care of about ninety percent of the issues I had with restaurants. These are tuning mods, not script mods, so they are less likely to conflict with mods you're already using. I am currently using almost a hundred tuning and bug fixing mods, three script mods and 1800 pieces of CC, and have not seen a Last Exception from MCCC for two months. I usually don't post links to mods because many players don't want to use mods. But given the fact Dine Out came out three years ago and players are still unable to enjoy the full dining out experience, as I am seeing in this discussion, I guess I'll just throw this info out for anyone to look into and see if it will help. I can honestly say these mods have made a huge difference in how restaurants work for me or I wouldn't be recommending them to anyone as a possible fix. All I know is, his mods have made my game much more enjoyable.
    Thanks for that. @Paigeisin5 I might actually look into a few of those just so I can see what the game should be like.

Maxis still really needs to fix their game. It's great that you found a way around but you PAID for this game and good golly gosh should NEVER NEED nearly 100 mods... Maybe some are things to change the game of your own choosing and not actually just gaming fixes, I don't know how you play, but my point remains we should never need mods to fix the basics of the game we paid them for.

However, like you said, 3 years in and the basics about what this pack is about is unplayable and never was and still never fixed it likely will never be fixed. I think refunds should be in order personally after this long. Or at least partially. I can play with items and clothes and I can run a restaurant, I just can't eat in one. I think a stuff pack price would be more appropriate then.
    @Camkat Most of the mods I use are there to stop many of the autonomous actions such as the constant need our Sims have to grab glasses of water then leave dirty glasses everywhere. The toddler harassment where one Sim puts the child to bed then another Sim will drag the poor thing out of bed. They do this with the highchair as well. I am using around fifty of those types of tuning mods, and with each new pack or update that list seems to grow. The rest are bug-fixing mods to repair broken features such as the ones we got in Dine Out. I have a couple that do change the game around more to my liking, but there are only about twenty of those in my mods folder. One of those adds hygiene and fun to swimming. Which makes total sense to me, because why should swimming just be about fitness. It's more satisfying sending my Sims off to swim when they get to have fun while doing it. Otherwise it's a waste of time once a Sim has max fitness skill.

I use mods because I am tired of waiting for bug fixes, and to bring a bit of sanity and clarity back into the game. The devs can't do that for me. They don't know what I want and every new feature seems to have problems attached to it, it doesn't work properly, or it doesn't make sense to me on any level. I passed on buying Realm of Magic because the devs didn't include a way to turn off the magic portion which I did not want to see in all the worlds. And many players are saying they're seeing magic folk flying around on brooms in all the worlds even when they have not taken a played Sim through the Portal. One can make potions, but the devs forgot to tag those as retail objects. And all I wanted from that pack was the new world, and not to have the game decide what I had to do with it. So I won't buy that pack until I find a mod that lets me control how I want to play. The days of buying any pack at full price are over. When, or if, I purchase anything more, I won't be paying full price for it. Buy it at half price, throw in a couple of mods, and I'm totally cool with that. The same goes for the updates. I now wait for my mods to be updated before I install anything. Playing off line isn't ideal, but it beats playing a vanilla game. Most modders update their mods in a couple of days, so playing off line isn't that tough to do. So give a couple of mods a try. The restaurant ones are especially nice. But he has a lot of mods that are useful and can save your sanity if your Sims are doing something that doesn't make sense to you, or is driving you crazy.
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @Camkat Most of the mods I use are there to stop many of the autonomous actions such as the constant need our Sims have to grab glasses of water then leave dirty glasses everywhere. The toddler harassment where one Sim puts the child to bed then another Sim will drag the poor thing out of bed. They do this with the highchair as well. I am using around fifty of those types of tuning mods, and with each new pack or update that list seems to grow. The rest are bug-fixing mods to repair broken features such as the ones we got in Dine Out. I have a couple that do change the game around more to my liking, but there are only about twenty of those in my mods folder. One of those adds hygiene and fun to swimming. Which makes total sense to me, because why should swimming just be about fitness. It's more satisfying sending my Sims off to swim when they get to have fun while doing it. Otherwise it's a waste of time once a Sim has max fitness skill.

I use mods because I am tired of waiting for bug fixes, and to bring a bit of sanity and clarity back into the game. The devs can't do that for me. They don't know what I want and every new feature seems to have problems attached to it, it doesn't work properly, or it doesn't make sense to me on any level. I passed on buying Realm of Magic because the devs didn't include a way to turn off the magic portion which I did not want to see in all the worlds. And many players are saying they're seeing magic folk flying around on brooms in all the worlds even when they have not taken a played Sim through the Portal. One can make potions, but the devs forgot to tag those as retail objects. And all I wanted from that pack was the new world, and not to have the game decide what I had to do with it. So I won't buy that pack until I find a mod that lets me control how I want to play. The days of buying any pack at full price are over. When, or if, I purchase anything more, I won't be paying full price for it. Buy it at half price, throw in a couple of mods, and I'm totally cool with that. The same goes for the updates. I now wait for my mods to be updated before I install anything. Playing off line isn't ideal, but it beats playing a vanilla game. Most modders update their mods in a couple of days, so playing off line isn't that tough to do. So give a couple of mods a try. The restaurant ones are especially nice. But he has a lot of mods that are useful and can save your sanity if your Sims are doing something that doesn't make sense to you, or is driving you crazy.

I've definitely got to look into some mods. The more you pile it all up, the more it is that does need fixing. I've got that silly water issue too and all my homes end up looking like that little girl from Signs has visited with water glasses just littered everywhere. You're smart to wait on ROM, everything you've mentioned I've seen in my game. Funny thing is, ROM is the first pack I had paid full price for. Literally everything else I have in game I had bought on sale (including the base) because of the issues in game, I've never felt they were worth my full dollars. *sighs* and yeah, the 2 things that I bought it for, being able to sell the potions with GTW and the ancient bloodlines are completely broken. I LOVE spellcasters and I'm a generational player so this ancient bloodline thing was going to tell a lot of stories for me. I thought ROM was going to be worth my money because of how much I love the theme and I adored all of the CAS/BB but the 2 of the very most things I wanted, were broken and useless. That will teach me. I know there's a mod out there to fix potions too.

It really makes me angry that I do have to look into mods. There's so much now and it baffles me as to why the sims team has just left it yet the modders seem to fix them no problem. :/
    edited October 2019
    @Camkat Using mods of any kind has always been a thing with any iteration of the Sims. There's no way around it. Sims2 needed a few, Sims3 needed even more and Sims4 is just ......Well, let's say it needs a lot of help. I was angry when Sims4 first came out, hated it, and uninstalled it, vowing I would never play it after the first day. But I went back to it after 14 months and gave it another shot once new packs were added. I've been tweaking it with mods since then. And the modding community has grown as the need for mods has increased. If you do decide to add a few mods to your game, use mods from only two or three modders. It's easier to find updates for your mods if you only have two or three websites to visit, and bookmark those sites. Also, there is less risk of mod conflict when you use content from a couple modders rather than many. Coolspear, 83Bienchen and Littlemssam are my go-to modders. Between the three of them they have mods for nearly every problem I had. Create a folder within your Mods folder, with the title 'Ingame Mods' then place all of your mods into it. If it is a separate folder, it's easier to pull it out of the game and check for updates whenever EA updates the base game, or releases patches or new packs. If you prefer not to update until your mods are updated, you have the option to play off line until that happens. Keeping your mods all in one place makes life much easier. Script mods have to be placed directly into the Mods folder. Those cannot be placed in the Ingame Mods folder. I have two script mods, MCCC and the UICheats Extensions. I had one or two others but they didn't play very well with other mods I felt were more important to keep. One last thing, delete the LocalThumbnail cache before you fire up your game to play or after every play session. Allowing that cache to grow will cause lag and other problems. It needs to be deleted often. This is especially true after addding or deleting mods and CC.

Trial and error rules when trying out new mods. Add one or two at a time then play your game for a while. Since you have the drinking-water- constantly bug, try a mod for it then see how much easier it is when dirty glasses aren't littering your lots. I loved your reference to that movie 'Signs'. That is a great movie. I have the DVD and won't embarrass myself by admitting how many times I have watched it. LOL

I was very angry about the state of Sims4 also. But I've decided to regain my control over the game and not let my anger interfere with my enjoyment. I was very upset after pre ordering Island Living, playing it, then realizing the pre EP update had borked two thirds of my mods. I was beyond furious and was quite vocal about it here in the forum. That's when I decided to do something about everything on my own. After five years of unfixed bugs, irritation with unwanted autonomous actions, and the teams basically ignoring the problems, I dove even deeper into finding solutions within the modding community. The reward for taking the time to do that is a game that is playable and I am having fun again.

https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/ here is the link to Bienchen's site

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/ link to littlemssam

http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/322-ts4-general-mods/&page=4 link to Coolspear's no drink from sinks and no drink from fridge mods
    @Paigeisin5 Thanks so much for taking all the time to put this together. I am going to try the drinking water one after work today as you suggested. I was lucky and did get through TS2 and TS3 without mods, even though I'm sure I had issues that bothered me where I could have used them, but TS4 is so beyond broken that I end up wanted to rip my hair out half the time I play.

(I have the Signs DVD too :D ) Whenever I see my lot full of rotten water glasses, I kind of just sigh and say to myself that "Bo must have been over". Haha
    @Camkat You're welcome! And I thought about little Bo when my lots looked like the movie set, too. :D
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    dine out as been riddled with bugs since release.
    same bugs in PS4 :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• GogoTomatoGogoTomato Posts: 17 Member
    I honestly don't know why Maxis thought it would be a great idea for it to take hours and hours for sims to get their food. Going to a restaurant in dine out really is an all-day event lmao.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    The only time I really have a problem with it is when there is snow. Everyone ( staff and patrons ) think they just have to stop whatever they are doing to go shovel snow. This includes the sim I am playing.
  • feenalockheartfeenalockheart Posts: 6 New Member
    Does anyone know how to get food from other Expansions to show up in the Dine Out menu? I recently installed Sulani and I was hoping to see new food items pop up in the Dine Out menu but they're not there. I can only get them from the food stalls. Is this how it's supposed to be? If there is a cheat out there or this is simply a bug, please let me know.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Does anyone know how to get food from other Expansions to show up in the Dine Out menu? I recently installed Sulani and I was hoping to see new food items pop up in the Dine Out menu but they're not there. I can only get them from the food stalls. Is this how it's supposed to be? If there is a cheat out there or this is simply a bug, please let me know.

You can't.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited December 2019
    logion wrote: »

You can't.

I never even thought about or noticed this @logion and @feenalockheart . Now that I know, it’s super irritating! There’s zero reward in TS4 for being a loyal buyer of packs. They miss all the opportunities to make them meaningfully interconnect.