Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Point of alien disguises?

I play one adult and and 4 alien children/toddlers and have never used the disguises, as I enjoy seeing them in their alien form.

Is there ever a time when a disguise would be required or preferable?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2019
    The disguises are never really required, but it is nice if a sim does choose to keep other sims from figuring out who they really are. I know in the past sims games players have wanted this as an option.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I sometimes use disguises for my alien sims, especially since undisguised aliens don’t seem to leave the house when I’m playing other households unless it’s a club gathering.

I think they’re mostly there so unplayed aliens can look human? It’s partially so they can be discovered, and I know a loud minority of players really hate sims that are obviously not human.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    What they said.
    I wish there was an option to delete the disguise like you can the vampire dark form. I don't use the dark form and I didn't use the alien disguise. I make my Sims the way I want them to look all the time.
    We should also be able to opt out of the whole alien discovery thing if we want to. I had a married couple with 100% relationship, two kids, never disguised my alien. And one day out of the blue her wife "discovered" she was an alien and divorced her. I haven't played with one since and won't unless I can disable that. Totally ruined a life state for me that used to be a favorite. They are the only reason I bought GTW too.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    I never played ts4 aliens. The disguise - does it mean that some non-played sims that my sims meet can actually be aliens in disguise? I hope not...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    I never played ts4 aliens. The disguise - does it mean that some non-played sims that my sims meet can actually be aliens in disguise? I hope not...

Yes it does. Although I've really only encountered them on Sixam or Alien night at a bar. I haven't come across any (that I have noticed) just around town.
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    What they said.
    I wish there was an option to delete the disguise like you can the vampire dark form. I don't use the dark form and I didn't use the alien disguise. I make my Sims the way I want them to look all the time.
    We should also be able to opt out of the whole alien discovery thing if we want to. I had a married couple with 100% relationship, two kids, never disguised my alien. And one day out of the blue her wife "discovered" she was an alien and divorced her. I haven't played with one since and won't unless I can disable that. Totally ruined a life state for me that used to be a favorite. They are the only reason I bought GTW too.

I agree. It’s especially annoying because since the Island Living pre-patch they always show as their disguise in the manage world/library.

And yeah I needed to get a mod to stop the xenophobia. It’s especially annoying because sims are all “how dare they not tell me!” but I don’t think there’s actually a way to tell sims?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I love the disguises. I have mccc set to force aliens into their disguise. I don't mind the existence of aliens but at the same time I don't like seeing green and blue people walking around in my game.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    What they said.

I agree. It’s especially annoying because since the Island Living pre-patch they always show as their disguise in the manage world/library.

And yeah I needed to get a mod to stop the xenophobia. It’s especially annoying because sims are all “how dare they not tell me!” but I don’t think there’s actually a way to tell sims?

You got that horrible bug too, I miss seeing my aliens in household management. Dividing a group of aliens in to different groups is so frustrating.

I just recently “clicked” the me too-button over on EA bug-section. We were 30 simmers last time I checked. Will come back to this post and link to it when I get home. On the bus now.

Wish we could disable disguises because I have never used them and now they are really making aliens difficult to play with.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Thanks everyone. Seems like it's a personal preference to use them and not really needed.

@SilentKitty , thank you for offering to provide the bug link. I haven't had GTW very long and wondered why the aliens showed in their disguises in household management. I will do the Me too also.
    What they said.

You got that horrible bug too, I miss seeing my aliens in household management. Dividing a group of aliens in to different groups is so frustrating.

I just recently “clicked” the me too-button over on EA bug-section. We were 30 simmers last time I checked. Will come back to this post and link to it when I get home. On the bus now.

Wish we could disable disguises because I have never used them and now they are really making aliens difficult to play with.

Here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-GTW-V-Non-disguised-Occults-showing-disguise-in/m-p/7958833#M92320

It’s probably so mermaids don’t show up in their true form, especially since they’re not revealed by default like vampires. I still don’t like it though.

Also why don’t the new lifestates show up as part of a relationship panel thing? It’s weird that even if you know someone is a mermaid it still doesn’t say that, but you can immediately know a vampire’s rank, and if you “discover” an alien that also shows up.
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    edited October 2019
    CaprianaB wrote: »

I think there is a work task in the science career, where you have to discover disguised aliens. But that's all I can think about, gameplaywise.
    What they said.

There is a bug report for the thumbnail issue @QueenMercy , in case you want to add feedback:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-GTW-V-Non-disguised-Occults-showing-disguise-in/td-p/7958833
    Personally I think it's not a real bug, but still it's very frustrating and annoying.

I never use the disguise of my aliens. In the beginning I used for alien kids, because they always felt ashamed when they met someone new, but now I give them the shameless reward trait as early as possible and let them be who they truly are. ♥

Edit: I am waaay to slow. :wink:
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    What they said.

Interesting, I didn't know in all this time TS4 has story progression and can make your Sims get divorces. I know one of the mods does this but didn't think the game would. I wouldn't want that type of SP.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2019
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    I play one adult and and 4 alien children/toddlers and have never used the disguises, as I enjoy seeing them in their alien form.

So you can play as an alien and then wipe Sims minds, show them your freezer thing and surprise! I'm an alien. It was great when the GTW was first released, but since then they rarely wear them (especially townies are never in disguise in my game) and the fun wore off because they no longer wore the disguise not even my own. ETA: Answer, so your Sim can do alien stuff and never be found out, and if they are you wipe the other Sim's memory. It's supposed to be a parody of what we think aliens would do if we ever found out about one.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Ahh :)

Swung round to add the link and hey it is already here. Awesome!!

Looks like it is 34 of us now so I guess it isn't a common thing, or people don't know it is a bug. Oh well, I will visit this page again every now and then so that people know that it exists and can go by the EA-site and add their voice.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    edited October 2019
    My Sims 4 Legacy Challenge Gen. 3 Heir was abducted. He had a set of twins, a boy and a girl. These two were very nervous and felt way more comfortable in disguise, until their father's brother took them out to Alien Night at the bar to meet others who looked like them. Problem was the twins were a lovely shade of lavender, whereas the others were either green or blue. His 'plan' worked in that the twins didn't use their disguises so much after a few trips to said bar on the designated night.

I don't see a point in the disguise, myself. To me it's just about as useful as the 'celebrity disguise' which never worked for my celebrity Sim. LOL His fans knew him, no matter what he wore. ;)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Cinebar wrote: »
    What they said.

Interesting, I didn't know in all this time TS4 has story progression and can make your Sims get divorces. I know one of the mods does this but didn't think the game would. I wouldn't want that type of SP.

Unfortunately it can. She yelled at my Sim and told her how angry she was and divorced her, all on her own. I didn't know about the erase memory interaction then, because I rarely use mischief interactions, so I don't know if that would have fixed it. Maybe I'll try aliens again sometime... but I doubt it. Not as they are.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Disguises seem pretty useless to me. I like my Sims to look like themselves. Plus I played one alien who actually tried to disguise himself, and someone figured out that he was an alien within about ten minutes anyway.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I love the disguises. I usually have my aliens wear their human suits. Mostly because I'm playing take over the world or infiltrate and pass on their genes kind of storylines with them.
    I wish they weren't discovered so easily though. I actually wish they would never be discovered unless they chose to reveal themselves because it's kind of irritating when it happens and doesn't happen in a way that helps or hurts my world domination story lines.. it's just an irritant mostly, so if they took that discovery away completely I wouldn't mind.
    egTcBMc.png
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    edited December 2019
    What they said.

This issue should be fixed with the latest patch. :smiley:@QueenMercy @SilentKitty
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Haha, I had a Sim married to an Alien lady and had two kids before I even knew there were disguises! I wouldn't want to cover up the aliens in my game. I like having blue and green peeps out and about, making life more interesting. :) But my male human sim was dead in love with her, as she was, and knew she was an alien from the start. Not sure how or why a "discover" thing didn't happen, or else it happened when he met her and was for him, part of her charms.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I said the same thing about Dark Forms until I got vampires.

But they make for so much more creative opportunities, and the idea of a bright green alien just walking around is strange to me. I don't think the humans would feel comfortable with that.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Freechheit wrote: »
    What they said.

This issue should be fixed with the latest patch. :smiley:@QueenMercy @SilentKitty

I am so happy!! Missed seeing all my aliens in household management. Ha ha, now I just have to update my mods and CC again but this is a patch worth updating for. Thanks for posting :)
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    All my aliens are wearing their disguises in public. When they're at home alone or with their families (or alien friends) they change to their original alien form. Also if there's an alien night at the bar they will be on their alien form.
    The Sim on my avatar is also an alien and she's almost always on her disguise.
    Aliens wearing disguises suits on my play style, because I like to think that they don't want to reveal themselves to everyone. In my game it's much more interesting this way. So yes, there is a very big point of alien disguises.
  • SoulslieSoulslie Posts: 4 New Member
    My aliens will rarely ever use disguises in the public. We'd mostly see them wandering around in their alien form. I'd only use disguises for story's and such. :)
  • LDraconisLDraconis Posts: 35 Member
    I like them just for the additional variety, but wish they mattered more. For example, people freaking out at aliens at least until / unless a played Sim gets to the end of the Scientist career and does some sort of 'declare aliens friendly' press conference or something.....