Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are going to do with spellcasters once they launch on console?

While I'll try to get Realm of Magic close to release, I have heard that it's kind lacking in challenge or depth.

So I'm shoving curses on my sim right from the get go! I'm thinking the night wraith, scrambled spell and maybe the curse that fills the overcharge meter faster or the duelist curse. They sound challenging enough and hopefully won't be too frustrating.

I'll cheat the curses on once I've got them all sorted- I'm not much of a roleplayer but I want to see what happens when a sim with the Sulani Mana trait becomes a spellcaster so that'll be fun. Going to try herbalism too so that will be fun.

Just imagine practicing spells in Granite Falls! I find that hilarious.

My playstyle is geared towards how something affects gameplay directly- more of a stats and progression type- so messing around with magic will be fun.

What do you plan to do if you get Realm of Magic?

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I'm going to create a vampire & witch couple :-)
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I'd be waiting for it to go on sale, if I didn't like the cas and build items so much.

Along with the lack of challenge and depth, I'm also concerned about everyone and their mother being a spell caster.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I think it's going to go well with Vampires. I think cas and build/buy for both packs will fit well within Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook. So I see myself having both witches and vampires within each world mingling about
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I'm going to create a vampire & witch couple :-)
    That sounds adorable. I wonder if vampires can feed on casters?

_natalie wrote: »
    I'd be waiting for it to go on sale, if I didn't like the cas and build items so much.

Along with the lack of challenge and depth, I'm also concerned about everyone and their mother being a spell caster.

The bugs are going to be a pain to deal with but I do still have to set up my character. I'm hyped but wary at the same time, lol.
    I think it's going to go well with Vampires. I think cas and build/buy for both packs will fit well within Forgotten Hollow and Glimmerbrook. So I see myself having both witches and vampires within each world mingling about
    Sounds fun. A shame you can't have a vampire-caster hybrid but I love what little I've seen of RoM build mode items.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Nothing. All I will do is move a family into Glimmerbrook.
    Nothing. All I will do is move a family into Glimmerbrook.

I can't wait to check out Glimmerbrook. A new world is always fun to see.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I know you cant create hybrids in the game, But I'm excited to create vampire- witch family, I wont just be excited to find out if my sims had a boy or girl, I'll be excited to find out if my sims babies are a vampire or a witch 😂, plus I like to keep all the supernaturals together lol
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I know you cant create hybrids in the game, But I'm excited to create vampire- witch family, I wont just be excited to find out if my sims had a boy or girl, I'll be excited to find out if my sims babies are a vampire or a witch 😂, plus I like to keep all the supernaturals together lol

Cool.