Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't find my drone. :(

I sent my drone out to film the blizzard in my neighborhood, I canceled the action to bring it back and it didn't come back. Does anyone know what happened?
v3mcW4b.jpg
O _ O

Comments

• qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    From what i’ve Seen they don’t come back. If you cancel it they just come down where they were and you have to go get them.
  • oh okay, thank you.
    v3mcW4b.jpg
    O _ O
  • Yay! I found it.
    v3mcW4b.jpg
    O _ O
  • TheSpaniard164TheSpaniard164 Posts: 5 New Member
    Was it just somewhere in the neighborhood, or did it come back to your house?
  • it was in the neighborhood
    v3mcW4b.jpg
    O _ O
  • DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I wish they would come back or return to your inventory when you canceled or they were short of battery. Searching for my drone is so annoying :D
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Solaranimal1Solaranimal1 Posts: 4 New Member
    I can't find mine and it was just recording and I searched the whole neightborhood
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    My drones usually come back and stop just inside the front door.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • simm621 wrote: »

Which drone do you have? Do you cancel the action?
    v3mcW4b.jpg
    O _ O
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited November 2018
    simm621 wrote: »

It's the Up and Adam one. They come back on their own when they are done. Truth be told I usually forget I sent them out so never canceled them. I get a message they they've finished and see them coming in the the front door.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • simm621 wrote: »
    simm621 wrote: »

It's the Up and Adam one. They come back on their own when they are done. Truth be told I usually forget I sent them out so never canceled them. I get a message they they've finished and see them coming in the the front door.

Thank you!
    v3mcW4b.jpg
    O _ O
  • pegasusventricepegasusventrice Posts: 56 Member
    So I sent my hot pink drone (the more expensive one) to follow a celebrity that was walking around my neighborhood. She poofed from the area and my drone did too! Now I can't find it. Any ideas on where it could be? I was following the drone with my camera and watched it disappear with her. Is it at her house?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    I've managed to lose track of a drone without it leaving the house! I play rotationally, so by the time I got back to the family I'd forgotten who last had it and where they'd been at the time. I eventually found it in the art studio, but I couldn't help thinking there should be a way to recall them or otherwise find them.
    image.png
    > @SimTresa said:
    > I've managed to lose track of a drone without it leaving the house! I play rotationally, so by the time I got back to the family I'd forgotten who last had it and where they'd been at the time. I eventually found it in the art studio, but I couldn't help thinking there should be a way to recall them or otherwise find them.

So then is my drone most likely at this Celebs house?
    > @SimTresa said:
    > I've managed to lose track of a drone without it leaving the house! I play rotationally, so by the time I got back to the family I'd forgotten who last had it and where they'd been at the time. I eventually found it in the art studio, but I couldn't help thinking there should be a way to recall them or otherwise find them.

So then is my drone most likely at this Celebs house?

Worth checking the celeb's house if you've looked everywhere else.
    image.png
    @SimTresa thanks so much!! I'll have to get my friendship high enough with her since that's something I don't wanna cheat lol.
    @SimTresa thanks so much!! I'll have to get my friendship high enough with her since that's something I don't wanna cheat lol.

I don't think it'd be cheating to just switch households. Or enter in build mode if you're unwilling to lose control of your ain household.
    image.png
    @SimTresa I honestly didn't think about that lol. Thank I'll probably do that so that my Sims can have their drone back. Then I can just push the drone out the front door and one of my people can go get it. Thanks again!
    @SimTresa I honestly didn't think about that lol. Thank I'll probably do that so that my Sims can have their drone back. Then I can just push the drone out the front door and one of my people can go get it. Thanks again!

There you go! Glad to help. :)
    image.png
  • GamerKyuSJGamerKyuSJ Posts: 1 New Member
    I lost my drone in the Jungle and I went back to find it but it's gone. I had so much footage on that thing!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
    GamerKyuSJ wrote: »
    I lost my drone in the Jungle and I went back to find it but it's gone. I had so much footage on that thing!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Oh that sucks! Sorry to hear that.
  • crashdodgerscrashdodgers Posts: 61 Member
    You know I have lost two drones now and I can not find the things any were in my neighborhood and it has to be the smallest neighborhood in the game.

But it is just tippical of a lazzie dev team, they go to all the trouble of creating a great item like the drone's, then they mess it up by not putting in features such as return home when cancelled or low battery.

I am going to try and find this blasted drone again, but I am liking my chances of find it!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited October 2019
    I can't tell you how many Simoleons have been wasted by my young celebrity Sim. He keeps losing the dern thing! I did replace Orchid-A -Go-Go with a really nice remodel but the drone would end up streaming from behind my Sim, which put the device outside of the building. Ultimately, its power would drain and I would have to scour the entire area just to find it again. I was able to run the cursor over the hedges just behind the karaoke room and for a moment, the drone was highlighted. I couldn't grab it, however. I ended up having to go into build/buy mode, remove the hedge and drag the drone inside. That was problematic, as I couldn't get the hedge back in place and it looked really bad without it. I didn't replace that lounge in the next restart of this Sim, for that reason. But, if it wasn't getting 'lost', he would forget where he'd used it last. At one point he was up to the fourth drone! Good thing his father is a very rich Sim. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sim lost a drone. A different Sim from another household was out jogging and found it in town, far from the first Sim's house. The second Sim took it home but can't use it. I guess eventually I'll have the first Sim go to the second Sim's house to retrieve it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • btlukebtluke Posts: 5 New Member
    I too lost the drone inside the house. It disappeared in the middle of recording. Was still missing when the recording ended. I deleted the entire room it was recording in, used the undo function and it reappeared in the room.