Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's October! When do you think they will announce the next pack ?

Comments

• AwkwardAquaAwkwardAqua Posts: 58 Member
    edited October 2019
    October 22nd
    Everything else seems way too early and the end of the month would be a little too late to announce something for November. However, they did announce Island Living a week and a half before it was released. This could also be the case for this expansion. It's honestly hard to tell these days. :D
    giphy.gif
    Origin ID: awkwardaqua
  • TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    Well, they announced Get Famous on 9th October and the EP released on Nov 16th (we waited a month and 1 week) so THE SAME thing can happen this year - they can announce University on 8th and it will release on Nov 15th (a month and 1 week). Also dont forget that they have to do Sims Camp for this EP so I think 29 and 22 is pretty late but i could be wrong :) !
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    October 29th
    TheBoyXP wrote: »
    Well, they announced Get Famous on 9th October and the EP released on Nov 16th (we waited a month and 1 week) so THE SAME thing can happen this year - they can announce University on 8th and it will release on Nov 15th (a month and 1 week). Also dont forget that they have to do Sims Camp for this EP so I think 29 and 22 is pretty late but i could be wrong :) !

They do?
  • TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    TheBoyXP wrote: »

They do?

Well, yeah. GTW, GT, CL, C&D and GF had sims camp (Sims camp for Seasons and IL was EA PLAY) so im pretty sure that big EP like University will have one too. Also this will be the place where all sims GCs will take their early footage.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    October 15th
    Since Thanksgiving Falls in November I'm hoping the release of the Next EP is on November 8th. The leak that said the 15th could have been wrong. I don't trust that date yet.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    October 15th
    The 8th or the 15th. No later than the 22nd but I'm hoping they won't wait that long.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

October 15th
    aprilrose wrote: »
    The 8th or the 15th. No later than the 22nd but I'm hoping they won't wait that long.

It won't be the 8th as the time has passed and we didn't get a teaser today.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    October 15th & October 22nd

hmmm. im honestly not that hyped for an official announcement or whuteva, so anyways, im expecting some official blogs and trailers between these two dates and i just want to know what features are coming with that new campus pack to see if they be cool and everything.
    y'all got bread?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2019
    October 15th

hmmm. im honestly not that hyped for an official announcement or whuteva, so anyways, im expecting some official blogs and trailers between these two dates and i just want to know what features are coming with that new campus pack to see if they be cool and everything.

Same. Just because I know it will disappoint given their track record. Also I don't care about the University experience so this pack isn't high on my list anyway. Sims 4 or not.

I just know people keep cranking up expectations again, and sure, when the trailer drops it will look good, but once people get the pack into their hands they will once again be disappointed. It's bound to happen.
    October 15th
    No Monday teaser... no announcement this week.

There is a slight chance they could do the teaser today and the trailer tomorrow. I have seen reveal trailers on Wednesday's but the chances of this happening is almost neel.
    There is a slight chance they could do the teaser today and the trailer tomorrow. I have seen reveal trailers on Wednesday's but the chances of this happening is almost neel.

them simgurus would usually tweet something exciting about to come a week before an official news or somethin, then a short three second teaser would be revealed a day before an official trailer drops.

plus they've been extremely quiet on twitter lately for some reason, must be working on something wild, so hopefully that campus living expansion would be unveiled by the coming weeks.
    y'all got bread?
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Most likely not any dates above. Since there is no maxis monthly this month. I believe it be next month when we get the next pack.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    October 22nd
    james64468 wrote: »
    Most likely not any dates above. Since there is no maxis monthly this month. I believe it be next month when we get the next pack.

The dates are about the announcement though. The pack won't be out until next month, yeah, but it's gotta get teasers and trailers and such before.

@TheIntrovertSimmer so many options for the "something wild" that the gurus might be busy with (I don't think Apple's Catalina release helped with priorities). Pre-deadline rush, possibly anniversary stuff in the works for January. And also maybe just a break after the summer lol
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    October 8th
    I was in between the 8th or the 22nd, now that the 8th has come and gone, I think the 22nd. I was hoping 8th as it may suggest more content to discuss but lets see
    October 15th
    Welp it won't be the 8th ☹️...let's cross our fingers for next week
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    October 8th
    As it wasn't yesterday, I'm so hoping for next week, especially now I found some pre-order websites!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    The gurus have been quiet lately, I must admit I thought it was due to the negative feedback the game has received lately, including from some well-known GCs. It is much harder to dismiss as malcontents if the criticism is coming from people with whom they have worked closely in the past and who are known as being huge fans of the game. There really is no denying that no matter how pretty it all looks, there is no depth and after five years this is much harder to hide. There have already been lots of DLC to flesh-out the game and they have only taken it so far.

To some extent I feel for them, we don't know what strictures are put on the team by senior bosses or by EA. Whether this next pack is university or something else I think two things are important, we as customers don't over-hype ourselves so as to increase the chances of disappointment, and Maxis really needs to deliver strong gameplay.
  • AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    October 8th
    Could we have a teaser tomorrow and a trailer on Thursday? I feel like they've done that before...
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    October 15th
    Could we have a teaser tomorrow and a trailer on Thursday? I feel like they've done that before...

Maybe! Fingers crossed! 🤞
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

They only do Thursday announcements if something else is going on on Tuesday. They announced Seasons on a Thursday as both Backyard Stuff and Toddler Stuff were released on consoles on Tuesday of the same week.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    October 22nd
    elelunicy wrote: »

They only do Thursday announcements if something else is going on on Tuesday. They announced Seasons on a Thursday as both Backyard Stuff and Toddler Stuff were released on consoles on Tuesday of the same week.

That'd make next week a possibility for a Thursday announcement :D (with console getting RoM on Tuesday).
    October 15th
    If they don't announce it soon I'm afraid that means there's not much content to showcase in the Livestreams or do weekly community blogs on.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

aprilrose wrote: »
    If they don't announce it soon I'm afraid that means there's not much content to showcase in the Livestreams or do weekly community blogs on.

oh god, thank u for saying this. apparently, this has been the case with that island living pack like it was only a week between the announcement and release date like there's not much content to begin with and it shows.
    y'all got bread?
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2019
    October 15th

Exactly! They better not waist a whole phase with just an announcement, cause we basically already know it for weeks. They should officially announce it along with a trailer or a bunch of news. I miss the days in TS3 where you could ready whole blog of lists full of new features and new info was keep popping up everywhere. No day was boring and we had months of waiting time sometimes! Ts4 is just hiding their flaws behind these short waiting periods.

And I also think its either next Tuesday or the one after, but I think 15 October is more likely!