Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a world you have but never played?

Is there a world you have but rarely or never play in, and why?

I’ve never played Oasis Springs because I think the desert landscape is ugly. I know some people think it’s pretty, but I find it depressing.
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I almost never play in Newcrest, in fact it remains empty in most of my saves. I don’t have a good reason.. I guess it just seems too similar to Willow Creek, and I can’t be bothered to build it up.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I almost never play in Oasis Springs either, I dunno why.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    magnolia promenade

I just don't think it's a good world to put houses in
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Brindleton Bay, I forget I even own the pack so I rarely use the world. I went there once and I felt incredibly weird like I don’t even belong there. DSV...There’s only two neighborhoods to choose from so the background got kinda boring really fast. I don’t use Windenburg as much because with seasons, the white sheet of snow on everything is Soo ugly, but I go to ...Newcrest( is that the name of the empty world?) more than Windenburg...can’t explain why. My main go to are OS or WC...mainly OS. CL world I got tired of apartments and I hate that the only lot on the ground is small and imo not the best location.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Newcrest is a tabula rasa I use for practicing builds in, but I have never been in Live Mode there even to look at my builds.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited October 2019
    I bought both the Strangerville and the Sulani pack, but I have honestly mostly just built houses there.
    I started a save in Strangerville (with the storyline cleared through cheating), but found the area a bit dull for gameplay, so spent most of my Sim's time in other areas instead.
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Newcrest as there is no determined style and all the empty lots annoy me.

Also Oasis Springs.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    The one that came with Get Famous. I uninstalled that pack before I had a chance.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Unless I'm playing a sim actively involved in the entertainment industry and therefore trying to be famous, I don't touch Del Sol Valley. Just no reason to go there except for the fame or the Starlight awards - and I usually don't bother with those unless I'm working on the aspiration that requires it.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Sixam and Magnolia Promenade. I'm not much of a fan of the tiny worlds and hidden worlds, so Sims don't visit them too much. RoM is probably the only hidden world that actually makes sense in concept and everything.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    Whatever the vampires one is called, never played it. I just bought the pack for the build/buy. I haven't played the new magic one because I'm not into magic so haven't purchased that pack.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Newcrest generally. I don't pay much attention to it being there is nothing out that way of any interest. I only have BG and GT, so only 4 worlds/zones.
  • kayen_keagenkayen_keagen Posts: 53 Member
    Magnolia promenade.. I’ve never been there.. not even to the retail stores they offer
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I use all worlds, but not all neighbourhoods. There are no played sims in The Pinnacles because the lots are too big for my taste, but if I ever make a president of Del Sol Valley, he or she is definitely going to live up there. I've never set foot in the rich neighbourhood of Sulani. I also left the Sage Estates of Willow Creek completely untouched until last week, when I threw out the Three-Last-Names premades and moved in my Charmed family. My most played worlds are probably Oasis Springs and Newcrest - ironic, because everyone else seems to hate or not care about them.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I play or at least plan to play in all the worlds, but I hardly ever play in Oasis Springs either. My sims have visited Oasis Springs Dust Bowl a few times, but that's about it. I'm a country girl at heart and not a fan of desert worlds so I don't tend to set my sim stories there.
  • Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    Sulani. I haven’t explored it yet.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited October 2019
    Newcrest I just hate it because of the cluttery fx houses and clashing styles which none match things i want to build

Oasis Springs but mostly because my northern soul doesn't feel homely there
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Newcrest would be a dream if I was into building, but since I'm not, I rarely set foot there.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I don't really use Brindleton Bay. Never had a sim live there before, but it does look super pretty.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I visit every world, even if I have no sims living there.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I mostly build. When I do play in Live mode, I can't say I never play in one world or another. However, I rarely play in Oasis Springs, StrangerVille, Del Sol Valley, and San Myshuno. I'm most likely to play in Willow Creek, Newcrest, or Windenburg. I like the more green and lush worlds.

In my legacy rotation, I've made a real effort to have at least one household in every world. That save file is on hold though, waiting for the day we get a University pack.

In my other save file, I'm experimenting with other play styles so I rotate between worlds there as well.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited October 2019
    Im sure the reason why many do not play in OS, is because this scenery is weird when you are from let's say Europe. We do not live in deserts and to me OS always seems a strange place to live in, but I have come to love it. I find great ideas and building types that only fit in these type of worlds like trailer parks, gran canyon community lots or houses, camping areas, adventure seeking inhabitants, Spanish/Latin houses, Moroccan houses/restaurants/spa's and a pool!

But to answer your main question. I always thought I would never play in an occult world like Forgotten Hollow and I have not. Just placed a graveyard lot there, cause that is the only thing I use it for. The rest gets ignored. Maybe one day I will move a loner sim there if he has evil murder plans or something, but I doubt i will ever play with that. Also glimmer brook is out of my interest. Do not care for it at all. Just have it for the new features and stuff.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Newcrest is where I put a lot of centralized community lots so I only have two houses there. Everyone can easily hang out in Newcrest in my game but I don't play it residentially a lot.

I've never gone to Sixam or some of the other hidden worlds. I've never residentially lived in Magnolia Promenade. I've never residentially lived in Granite Falls or Selvadorada.

I really do play with all of the worlds though. I started incorporating Sulani but I'm playing it as a totally separate world from the others that isn't easy to get to. Exploring the worlds is part of the fun for me.

I do prefer detailed worlds that are flexible with more lots. I'm not wild about Del Sol Valley but I'm still playing with it. I'd be happier if it had at least a few more residential lots. Other than low level fame, most celebrities will either live in Del Sol Valley or in San Myshuno in my game.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes. I play in Oasis Springs very rarely because I like my game to be set in the country I live - Czechia. And Oasis Springs looks nothing like that. I love the weather a lot though and that's why I visit the park quite often.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Del Sol Valley. Ugh. So ugly.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.