Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do vampires do this?

LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
I occasionally see a vampire Sim sneak up to my door in the middle of the night but then they like just turn around and go away.

Are vampire townies allowed to just break in the house and bite your sims? Because that's what it feels like they're trying to do but I have never seen them make it past the door. And my doors aren't locked so...

Nothing is stopping them but themselves.
LR3g0ni.jpg

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    I occasionally see a vampire Sim sneak up to my door in the middle of the night but then they like just turn around and go away.

Are vampire townies allowed to just break in the house and bite your sims? Because that's what it feels like they're trying to do but I have never seen them make it past the door. And my doors aren't locked so...

I'm sorry but.......duh. :D

Yes they do that autonomously. Apparently it's less offensive and traumatic than a burglar stealing your sim's valuable possessions....lol.

If your sims are awake at night the vampire won't initiate the scripted "attack" they need to be sleeping. That's why they just stand around.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Honestly they could just be trying to visit. I had them do the same exact thing with no break-ins and my house seems to get alot of visitors during the day, so I just group them in as wanting to say hi.

Does spooky music play when they show up?
    EMrBkJP.png
  • WorramotWorramot Posts: 52 Member
    I thoughts the vampires do that because I put garlic stuff on the wall.
    edited October 2019
    Worramot wrote: »
    I thoughts the vampires do that because I put garlic stuff on the wall.

No, they don't like that. It's the opposite.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    The only vampire that I have ever seen break into any of my sims houses is Vlad. Although, I have seen both Caleb and Vlad do the creepy walk then reconsider and walk away. I've had it happen without garlic hanging on the walls, but when the doors are locked for everyone but household.
    edited October 2019
    The only vampire that I have ever seen break into any of my sims houses is Vlad. Although, I have seen both Caleb and Vlad do the creepy walk then reconsider and walk away. I've had it happen without garlic hanging on the walls, but when the doors are locked for everyone but household.

Any vampire can do it, even generated randoms.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited October 2019
    I've had a vampire (Vlad) come in and feed off my Sim while she was sleeping, just once. They are allowed to, as long as your door isn't set to keep people out. I think the chance is just probably set really low. I'm not sure why they'd just hang out, probably related to the same issue that makes neighbors come over and just stand in the yard too.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Their only target is a sleeping sim. Few of them have the ability to ignore locked doors, so that is a good defense. As an extra layer I have a garlic plantation out front as soon as I can. A humorous defense is a water slide. Vlad loves that thing.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Their only target is a sleeping sim. Few of them have the ability to ignore locked doors, so that is a good defense. As an extra layer I have a garlic plantation out front as soon as I can. A humorous defense is a water slide. Vlad loves that thing.

Ok, so,Im totally adding a water slide tomorrow when I play next. :p
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I'm sorry but.......duh. :D

Yes they do that autonomously. Apparently it's less offensive and traumatic than a burglar stealing your sim's valuable possessions....lol.

If your sims are awake at night the vampire won't initiate the scripted "attack" they need to be sleeping. That's why they just stand around.

I didnt know they had to be asleep. I can't remember if my sims were ever asleep when it happened. And they don't stand around. They creep up to the door (literally) when they get to it they are like oop nevermind and walk away normally.
    Vampris wrote: »
    Honestly they could just be trying to visit. I had them do the same exact thing with no break-ins and my house seems to get alot of visitors during the day, so I just group them in as wanting to say hi.

Does spooky music play when they show up?

I don't think they're visiting. They creepily tiptoe to the door and then they just leave. They don't even knock.

And no creepy music plays :(
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Yeah, same. Vlad did break in and drink from a Sim once in a different save, but interestingly, I've never actually had a break-in on my main one. Seen plenty of vampires lurking around (especially Elle DeVampiro), some who go to stand at the door, but no break-ins. My admittedly entirely non-canon theory is that they know my main is friends with the Vatores and are scared of Lilith taking retribution if they go for a bite ;)
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    Hopeful it's not bugs. I see that happen, I think it's had to be unlock, no garlic and all household need to sleep somewhere 10pm to 6am without wake up, not single in household wake up during night, so it's better chance vampire should break in and draining sims. If household wake up even other household sleep, it's good chance vampire might not break in, I could be wrong.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I've seen vampires show up outside and then just turn and leave as well. I figure they're like "Oh shoot, they're awake" and realize they came all the way for nothing. xD
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I think it was changed that vampires can no longer break in so they just come to the door and hope for an invite and then leave if you don't acknowledge them. People complained too much about it. Garlic is suppose to keep them away. If one of the household sims is a vampire vampires will walk up to the door and immediately turn around and leave.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I think it was changed that vampires can no longer break in so they just come to the door and hope for an invite and then leave if you don't acknowledge them. People complained too much about it. Garlic is suppose to keep them away. If one of the household sims is a vampire vampires will walk up to the door and immediately turn around and leave.

No, that was never changed. There was a huge backlash about changing it here on these forums when it was proposed by devs about changing it, and after the backlash SimGuruNinja assured everyone that it would not get changed and remain how it was. The easiest explanation is simply that your Sim was just awake at the time when it happened; I see this happen often especially when living in appts in the dead of night, but usually my Sims are up late all the time anyway and they never get the chance to bite.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    That is how my girl got her new boyfriend. I saw him at the door when he realized she was awake. He knocked on the door instead and she asked him in. He did bite her but on a different occasion.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Am inclined to think that the vampire in question did not have the ability to ignore locked doors in cases where sims are sleeping. Having a resident vampire is no guarantee there would not be a break-in. Shortly after the pack came out I had a vampire/human household, a townie vamp came that had the ability, and the resident vampire was not able to intervene - no options to do anything available. Human sim was saved only by a fast use of the instant vampire cheat on her. Have used the 3 layered defense (locked door, garlic farm out front, water slide (they often like those)) since. Have the cheat in reserve for any leakers.