Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is this weird thing....?

What is this weird thing on my sim's hand? I can't seem to get rid of it and it's still there when she changes outfits.... I know it's not a bracelet from CAS so what is it?

YiutxOO.jpg

mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• CororonCororon Posts: 4,274 Member
    That's weird. Maybe she interacted with an object before and that thing got stuck there? It almost look like the lid from a jar. Have you tried ResetSim?
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    It's not unusual for objects to get stick in sims' hands and then the objects are not viewable on-screen. We see this all the time with plates, drinking glasses, basketballs are very common for those who have that content. The sims then throw errors (which can only be seen by way of ErrorTrap) when they try to do something that uses that hand. In this case, it's odd because the object is partially viewable. It might be a jam/preserved food jar from the canning station? Do you know what the sim was supposed to have been doing just prior to the object partially appearing?

If using mods, a MasterController reset of the sim might fix that. Or if not, or if mods are not in play, then try the old fashioned reset trick -- retreat to Edit Town, evict the entire household to the side of the screen, copy the residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze, replace the lot with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen. But certainly do an extra Save or Save As first in case this or the MC Reset somehow makes things worse.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited October 2019
    I can't remember exactly what it was, but I had that on a handy sim who had been busy fixing/upgrading things. I know it was from something she worked on but not sure what.

Edited to add: Just remembered she was also an alchemist, so possibly related to that but thinking not.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    This is so weird.....the only thing she does is magic and alchemy potions....I have the canning station but never used in that save file.

@igazor I'll try to reset her to see if it goes away. She's had that stuck to her hand for some days now ahahaha

EDIT: just saw this old thread. https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/886896/something-stuck-on-the-hand maybe it's the lid from the jar she uses to catch fireflies!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    You could try letting her make more potions and do magic, and when she does the right one the object will reload and it becomes unstuck.
    igazor wrote: »
    If using mods, a MasterController reset of the sim might fix that. Or if not, or if mods are not in play, then try the old fashioned reset trick -- retreat to Edit Town, evict the entire household to the side of the screen, copy the residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze, replace the lot with a copy, and move everyone back in without having left the screen. But certainly do an extra Save or Save As first in case this or the MC Reset somehow makes things worse.

Maybe resetting the lot could help, since the object she interacted with might be there?
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2019
    Oh, I didn't think of the firefly jar lid. That makes sense.

Hope you resolve this one way or another, but I'm enjoying this new game. "I'll take What is This Weird Thing Stuck to My Sim's Hand for §2,000 please, Alex." :p
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited October 2019
    That's the lid from a firefly collecting jar. My sims always end up with them on their wrists after they collect fireflies.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It just look a bit jarring! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It just look a bit jarring! :D

:D:D:D

Well at least I found out what it is ahaha Thanks everybody!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    That's the lid from a firefly collecting jar. My sims always end up with them on their wrists after they collect fireflies.

Yeah, the same thing happened to my sim after she had spent the whole night running around and catching fireflies:

mD43G0i.jpg

Fortunately it's very easy to get rid of the unwanted stuck lid, just use the "resetsim"-cheat:

gnnn5Tw.jpg
    It's amazing how realistic Sims 3 can be sometimes. :open_mouth: I have stopped using jars when I catch insects and spiders in real life, because the lid always gets stuck on my wrist. Now I use a plastic cup and cardboard. :smiley: Never use corrugated cardboard, though. Once one of my kidneys fell out.
    cUrfGkA.gif