Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I finished the Chef career but I can't do the mixology career.

Is it not possible to go back & replay careers? Do I need a cheat?

Comments

• aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Not sure I understand. If you want to do mixology branch after doing chef branch, you have to quit your job and start over.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Not sure I understand. If you want to do mixology branch after doing chef branch, you have to quit your job and start over.
    Nope, once you choose a branch that’s it. Even if you quit. If you go back you’ll just get promoted to that. You can’t do all branches in a career. I had quit the career and moved the sim to a different save file and then was able to do the other career, but it’s not possible.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited October 2019
    I believe the MCCC mod will allow you to play both branches of the same career. Or another possibility would be to have a second sim in the same household play the other branches. There is also a cheat that allows the player to unlock those items that can only be unlocked by completing the different career levels.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    @LLee19720 I ran into the same dissapointing problem when I wanted to place Baako Jang into the Entertainment, Musician career branch, but couldn't as he was already in the Entertainment, Comedy branch. It makes no sence why you can't just start from the very begining and pick the other branch! And as I am a Console player I can't use MCCC to fix it.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • LLee19720LLee19720 Posts: 129 Member
    I play my Sims games kinda like a quest game. I try to do everything that's possible(careers, collections, etc) with just one sim, & I was afraid this was the case, which sucks. I have the MCCC mod, but I didn't see how to do that. Maybe I don't have that part in my game.

Thanks for the help!