Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Often Do You Play With Occult-Human Sim Couples In The Sims 4?

Sul Sul, fellow Simmers!

I've never created a poll here and I really wanted to ask this question for a long time, so here we go. How often do you play with "mixed" couples in The Sims 4, in other words a Human and a Vampire, or a Human and an Alien, or a Human and a Spellcaster (and more)?

Personally, I love Occult Sims, so I have at least one couple like that in every new save file that I begin. I like that you never know if the offspring will be occults as well and I love telling stories, for instance, how a Spellcaster fell in love with a Human Sim, but their love was forbidden, and so on and so forth. You know how these things go.

Please, leave a comment on why you like these couples and, if you want, add some of the stories you've created/planned for them. Dag, dag!

How Often Do You Play With Occult-Human Sim Couples In The Sims 4? 119 votes

Always
31%
CK213bshag4lvCamkatKirbySkywalkergothprincess4everthecatsredpajamajam07Foxrox77BabykittyjadeFinvolaLoriTSpFelicity1169annaliese39QueenMercyEnkiSchmidtScobreLiELFSilentKittyArzekialcomicsforlife 37 votes
Once every few weeks
14%
GalacticGalBloosmooBoergeAarg61alanmichael1zagboorulesdetermigHestiahalloweenchildSims4MagicalTalesColton147147RedShoe7QuillWriterRae357WolfiumRosalettatayllahDannakyri1 17 votes
Once every few months
25%
Kita5399SikoahGraceColorist40CorkysPetalsStrangerthanfreindlylolfruitsbasket101AquariusMomLissyK9LindsaySeddon1catitude5musteniShadyLady89Izzeh96Evie0602citysimmerSERVERFRAJC1979Vamprisnerdfashion 30 votes
Never
29%
Uzone27alexspoom13PlayerSinger2010joelygirlsims2elanorbretonPaigeisin5g01denswanmikawagChampandGirlieSelinaKylesSindocatbecks1112texxx78So_MoneypoliceofficerswifesunblondMDianaSimsxMarianxDestin2016DeeTsims 35 votes

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Always
    At first, not by choice, but the randomise lot trait that I assigned to the founder house has the on the dark ley line. Since then, I "unintentionally" multiplying vampires through generations. I kinda like it. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Always
    xamira99 wrote: »
    At first, not by choice, but the randomise lot trait that I assigned to the founder house has the on the dark ley line. Since then, I "unintentionally" multiplying vampires through generations. I kinda like it. :D

A bit of a challenge in the game is always fun, at least that's how it seems to me! ;) I'm glad you enjoy this Lot Trait, I've been using it a lot as well. Thanks for leaving a comment! <3
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Always
    xamira99 wrote: »

A bit of a challenge in the game is always fun, at least that's how it seems to me! ;) I'm glad you enjoy this Lot Trait, I've been using it a lot as well. Thanks for leaving a comment! <3

You're welcome. My aim is to get a pure blood vampire, perhaps, getting one of my Sims descendent who is a vampire to marry a "real" vampire. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Not sure how to answer - I have a human+alien couple and a human+vampire couple and I play rotationally with many families. So when they get their turn I play them :)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Once every few months
    I would do it more often, but I had a mermaid have a child with Caleb Vatore and it bugged my game like craaaaazy, so I stopped. I do human-occult couples quite a bit though.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited October 2019
    Always
    My occults are about as likely to go steady with a human as they are with their own kind. Both physiology and psychology are close enough to make such unions possible, yet different enough to make them interesting for me, especially if their cultures do not officially support such couples. It's not just those sims' stories, styling sims of mixed human/occult heritage is also great fun for me.
    (At the moment the "occults" I play the most are androids, admittedly, but I also have a few real ones mixed in.)

Vampires are the exception, since I treat vampirism as the result of a curse by (the) god(s) in most of my saves. Living in a partnership with a vampire leaves its mark on the soul; either by corrupting the human (more likely) or by redeeming the vampire (can happen). In the first case the formerly mixed couple is now vampire/vampire, in the latter it becomes human/human. The most recent vampire/human union I had was two years ago.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Never
    I can really say that 99.99% of my gameplay is with regular sims. That 0.01% of the time I play an occult has shown me they do not fit my gameplay style.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Always
    Fly, bite, repeat.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    The save I'm playing now has an alien/human couple and am enjoying it. I don't have any other occults and haven't had GTW very long so difficult for me to answer properly.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Always
    Not just occult/human either, but occult/occult also. Yes the hybrids bug out my CAS so I generally just let them dress themselves. Some end up with very interesting fashion choices. :D
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Always
    For me, playing occult Sims adds more to my game than doing the same old regular stuff over and over. I don't start a new game with this in mind, it usually just happens. The game I'm playing now has a Spellcaster involved with a rare game-generated young adult Prime Vampire who just ranked up to Master Vampire. It's been an interesting game so far.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I'm not quite sure what option to select since I play rotationally, but I have a relationship between Caleb and Johnny. Although, I am currently debating between having Johnny ask Caleb to turn him, or having him use a (modded) Potion of Immortality.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Always
    Now that we have Realm of Magic.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    Always
    Love playing with occult’s when they’re not glitchy.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited October 2019
    Once every few months
    Usually when I have a couple where one is an occult and another isn't, the one that isn't ends up becoming an occult too.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    Once every few weeks
    I didn't really plan anything for most of them. In most cases, one sim is the result of an alien abduction. As those aliens did not ask to be born that way, I think they have the right to a decent life.

I also once made a couple with a human and an alien sim for going on vacation in Salvadorada. I got tired of having sims getting invited to alien nights in Cantina "El Árbol del Jaguar" with no aliens in sight.

A witch was made for testing the Realm of Magic and moved into an existing household to inherit the house when old members of the household die from old age. So far, I plan for her to train her magic skills rather than having a job.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Never
    I don't have very many couples in my game yet. I'm sure eventually I will have a human-occult couple, but I don't at this time. I do have a human Sim and an alien who are romantically involved, but they're not really a couple yet.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Once every few months
    I have some mixed couples in my rotation, although not that many at the moment. I don't think I have any vampire/human couples and no spellcasters either since I don't have ROM. But it's definitely the sort of thing that I enjoy.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Always
    Always!! One is always an occult. But ever since island living I don't play too many humans anymore. Now one is always a mermaid. So its mermaid and vampire or mermaid and spellcaster/alien etc I sort of view them as human though because it's not much to them besides the tail in water and when I'm not living on the beach I forget I even have a mermaid.

I consider them humans with spice. :D for a little backstory invented through poses, imagination and live play. The short version:My mermaid barely escaped with their life from a clan of evil vampire holding them hostage for mermaid blood. Then he escaped to the sea, and the sea witch helped him make it safely to shore where he gets washed up like a fish lol.
    A vampire and their spellcaster friend exploring the forest/beach I made found my mermaid, but before they could help the evil vampire steps through the portal to reclaim the mermaid and a battle takes place to save the mermaids life.

The good vampire and spellcaster wins, takes the mermaid to the vampire lair. The mermaid is not easily accepted into the clan and some drama takes place with the vampire king but I'm cutting it short. Eventually hes accepted and the mermaid and vampire starts to fall in love and become a couple and the love story continues from there. ♥️
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Once every few weeks
    Since the Cantrell family comes from the books in my siggie, I have to say I only have one (1) mixed-species couple. Brianna is my O/C and I gave her a family to help create her backstory more fully. Erik was able to come into his own once we got ShowTime in Sims3. I always saw him as a struggling musician, and make note of it in book One, I believe it is. Erik is Brianna's favorite brother out of the four. The two 'get' each other and he supports her relationship with a certain Vulcan. When she's conflicted about said relationship due to the circumstances, he is quick to ask her, "What does your heart tell you to do?"
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Always
    Rarely have vampire vampire couples.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Never
    I rarely even play occults. They’re not really interesting to me, so I don’t have Vampires or Realm of Magic.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Once every few months
    I wasn’t sure what to choose.. I don’t have many occult/human couples, my vampires will sometimes date/marry a human Sim but always end up changing them. I don’t play with Aliens, my one mermaid is dating a vampire, and my spellcastor has dated a vampire and another spellcastor.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    I don't usually play a lot of occult/human mixed couples. My occults usually marry their own kind - but I do play a lot of mixed race sims. I just like my Vamps marrying Vamps, witches marry witches, etc. It is more because of the life span thing than anything and because the game is not made for hybrids it keeps my game from having issues with hybrids. I don't do anything in game that is going to possibly break my game.

I do have just 1 couple that is a human guy with a Vamp girlfriend - but they have been friends forever and are not really just boyfriend and girlfriend . They do everything together - but they are a rare couple in my game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Once every few months
    My vampires marry vampires or turn their spouses, but I do have an alien living with a human girlfriend.