Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a new bug?

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
I have the October 3 patch, and I don't have any mods in my game currently. My sim gets a glass and when she sets it down, it is floating on air so to speak. Here is a photo of what I'm seeing.

71861160_1377408242409467_6152658200479924224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQkHL2UCVlD7xdwMVyY_v8pYL1s_Pikxousp2xThzNaQjHQZD5TrjqV-Lw0wc2kaHkQg4fi31NEnP6N1SIYhPp4R&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=0eaf48ddd042a1a56c205e46aa40a320&oe=5E388D44

71500211_1377409259076032_5927618600117469184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQlz5q-E7jXbkhvC-rHUpLm26OGAwMe78mD__aTPuH0fZw4ybFvOVO_wRL22EH4JtZl4lfmIUK8Ja0K44TyssjDG&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=193dd71cbcb9f7c9f2acb348219adde1&oe=5E3168AD

I've tested this a few times and she keeps putting the glass in this spot. She can also walk through this area without any issues. Is this a new bug?

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Oh wow, I'll keep a look out for this in my game!
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @LaBlue0314

Thankfully I have not come across that one yet (pic is hilarious-) but have experienced other bugs LOL I love your current Avi as it reminds me of my now elderly cat when he was young and boisterous and on the thinner side just as I was was way back then :)
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Did you ever have a half wall in that spot? I deleted a half wall and my sims kept placing plates where it used to be. The plates looked like they were floating in the air like in your pic.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I've had that happen with a plate before.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2019
    I had something similar happen in my game, except besides just floating in mid-air, the glass was also sideways! o.O

j95w8EO.png

I know as others have said this can happen if you had a half-wall there and removed it. The game for some odd reason still thinks the wall is there. But that wasn't the case in this instance. It only happened the one time, I haven't seen any other dishes do that. Weird... *cue Twilight Zone music*
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Clearly your house is being haunted by phantom half-walls. *nods*
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I've been getting sideways bowls floating at an angle the same as @Karababy52 's pic. That is from before the latest patch. No half walls ever put in my house, it was from a toddler eating his food sat on an armchair. Happened twice in close succession.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I think I saw this only once in my game, and that's pretty long ago. Good to know it might be caused by half walls. However, Unless it happens frequently, I'd just delete the object and move on.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I've been getting sideways bowls floating at an angle the same as @Karababy52 's pic. That is from before the latest patch. No half walls ever put in my house, it was from a toddler eating his food sat on an armchair. Happened twice in close succession.

Exactly the same thing has happened to me about three times now, with toddlers on a sofa.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    I've had a couple of plates glitch where the Sim won't put it down and I have to reset them out of it.

Also @PrincipleOfEntropy I really dig your username.
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have not seen floating dishware in my game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I have this happen when I have MOO enabled, both before and after the recent patch
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I didn't take a picture of it, but I had something like that happen in my game, too, since the patch. It was a plate.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    The angled floating glasses and dishes is a known bug that happens with a variety of items and seems to be coming and going.
    But OP, that floating glass seems to be a new glitch (hasn't happened in my game so far though but might be worth a report)
  • simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    I had an angled floating glass in mid air in the middle of the Fashion District in San Myshuno that seemed to be a leftover sakura tea glass after the Romance Festival despawned. I couldn't clean it up directly, but my sim was able to grab it out of the air and place it on a table, where I could then throw it in the trash without issues.

I also had an angled floating kava cup after a town BBQ in the middle of Ohan'ali Town after the kava bowl and table despawned when the BBQ was over. I couldn't interact with it, so I reloaded a previous save before it happened.