Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy a pack that gave kids occult powers?

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes please
    It should have been included in the packs, but if this was the only way for my child sims to be true occults, then yes I would buy it. I'm a family occult player and it really disappoints me how toddler/child sims get left out. I know it's not going to happen, but I want child vampires that drink plasma and perhaps have a few powers (I kind of wish there was an option to stop them ageing too, but I understand why they do from a gameplay perspective). I want child mermaids to have cute little tails in the water and child spellcasters to have their own unique magical abilities. My only hope now is that we get changeling children in a fairy pack, but it seems unlikely given the pattern we've seen so far.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Maybe/other
    It would be another pack that I'm just not interested in.
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    No, it should have been included in the packs
    Absolutely not.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I don't really play with occults, because I prefer more realistic gameplay generally, but I'm actually really shocked that this hasn't already been included!! To me, it's just another example of limited gameplay and lack of depth in TS4. What a shame. I think part of me would quite enjoy my children or toddlers being naughty with a few cheeky spells as though they were learning them (I'm thinking old school Charmed).
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Maybe/other
    I would probably buy it, but I would be happier if it were a part of a larger pack. Perhaps one which improved the younger life stages in general. Perhaps added private and home schools, freed babies from the bassinet, offered more afterschool activities, etc. That way it wouldn't just be DLC for DLC, but could still include the occult items for those that have the packs.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Thanks for all the responses, for everyone that answered "no, it should have been included", what about if it was a free update or a pack that did not require the other packs to play? (Although it'd be weird if they suddenly just lost their powers as a teen)
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »
    I would probably buy it, but I would be happier if it were a part of a larger pack. Perhaps one which improved the younger life stages in general. Perhaps added private and home schools, freed babies from the bassinet, offered more afterschool activities, etc. That way it wouldn't just be DLC for DLC, but could still include the occult items for those that have the packs.
    I love the idea of a private/home school pack! Perhaps they could have special optional school curriculums for the occult children that gave them a boost when they become teens. Similar to in the Sims 3 how they would get skill points based on the school but with magic/vampire points.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    No, I don't want child occults in my game
    I don't really play with the kids other than do your homework and a few aspirations. I don't know when they would have the time to study all the occult stuff too. Even my teens just dabble a bit as I'm busy with them to get the extra traits like responsible , good manners...
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes please
    This was difficult for me. Apart of me is like, no, this most definitely should have been in Realm of Magic. If it could be patched in, I would much prefer that. But .. probably not going to happen because they just don't seem to want to spend resources on toddlers and kids, because they're not played enough. Dear Developers, they're not played enough because they lack game-play.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes please
    YES. I don't even know why kids are even designated as occults if they cant do diddly squat with their heritage. I almost never play occult families since occult kids are basically indistinguishable from normal kids. What's the point in having them stay as children? They're boring!
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Yes please
    I think that this should have been included in the packs in the first place, but yes I would buy it.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Maybe/other
    I would enjoy any content that adds more depth to vampires. In MCCC I have max age set to teen and have a couple of teen vampires who have been around for about 4 generations. So, they like 150 years old but still can't get a job lol
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited October 2019
    Absolutely not. No more of this "My First Pet" nonsense. That would be one of those things you patch into the game. Not leave out of a game pack and then sell it to people later.
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I want my Sim kids to be just kids, even if they will be occults later. They need to concentrate on school and playing with friends etc. They have enough time to be occults later in their life.

...what about them being occults keeps them from doing any of that other stuff?
    Post edited by Aquarius94 on
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I don’t even know if I’d buy it.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yes please
    I do think that kids should have been included in Occult packs.

But I chose 'Yes' because moving forward, if it meant having a separate pack of Occult stuff for kids or nothing, I would still want the pack.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Man, what time do we live in?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    This shouldn't be something we have to pay for, but I don't really play with child sims that much anyway.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I probably would if EA wasn't already engaging in a lot of scummy, exploitative practices in creating and marketing new packs for TS4 but as it is, I just can't justify that behavior, let alone supporting it with my hard-earned money.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Maybe/other
    NoTalent wrote: »
    Yes, but it should be included in the packs.

I need to stop myself from raging about children not having magic when it could have fit them so well. The emotions system and magic reacting to their emotions... sigh.
    (Picked Maybe/Other, but really should have picked No, it should have been included in the packs, oh well)
    I mean it makes sense that children wouldn't be able to control their magic/abilities until they hit puberty. But I wouldn't be against them having idle animations or being able to summon toys or food (like the apple spell in TS3 Supernatural). That being said, I wouldn't want to buy DLC for a DLC, it just reaks of cash-grabbing. it's why I still haven't brought My First Pet.

I got MFPS solely for the blinds when it was on sale. Those blinds are fantastic.

Yeah, I'm going to wait for the next sale to buy MFP. I do love a lot of the furniture items, but in all seriousness, they really should have been with Cats and Dogs or a free patch instead of a while stuff pack.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I am tired of things that should have been included in one pack being split up into others. If they ever do decide to give kids occult powers and the occult type is one we already have they should patch it in, not sell it separately.
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    While kids busy in sims, why not gave them occult power to speed up homework, kids should had some kind of limited power while adult had more greater power, adult could had power to make kids into good responsible, good manners or bad one, mind control a control a children or turn children into minion, sound fun.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Maybe/other
    I don't even want adult occults seeing how poorly vampires and their lore was dealt with so kids having the same horrible game play as adults does nothing for me... So my vote is I would not even buy the adult packs why would I buy one for kids now any other themed packs for kids I'm buying it on release day.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I don't even want adult occults seeing how poorly vampires and their lore was dealt with so kids having the same horrible game play as adults does nothing for me... So my vote is I would not even buy the adult packs why would I buy one for kids now any other themed packs for kids I'm buying it on release day.

Really? I thought Vampires was done really well. Definitely better than in the pervious games. Off topic a bit, but what would you have done differently? Spellcasters on the other hand...let's just say there's a reason I made this thread.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes please
    Yes, most certainly! I believe children and elder Sims are basically overlooked when it comes to most things we've received so far in the packs, so I'd definitely welcome some element of unpredictability and challenge for these Sim ages. At least, there would be an option to make one child an Occult Sim and the next a Human one. Diversity is always awesome. Count me in!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Nope.

I really do not agree with having three packs for one theme. What will we have next? Accessory packs? Bits and bobs packs.

Enough with the watered down, split up content.

EP’s and SP’s only for me. And even then SP’s can go too for all I care. I want FULL, GOOD QUALITY EP’s.

—T