Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are you enjoying Island Living so far?

I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!

How are you enjoying Island Living so far? 59 votes

I don't have it yet.
23%
SimQueenie9JesskiKhrisstyneironknight35FEDEXsfan11EnderGamer87floralneyDeDeplus3Monda76Bluebirddevil5970Endless_Daysqueenvortex808NoirStasisbillyisagirl 14 votes
It's okay..
10%
AlexaiAnmirlaalanmichael1tnb494LairaRavenSpit 6 votes
Pretty good sums it up.
10%
Sigzy05KayeStarLiesSimSimTrippyDamien555sofasim 6 votes
I LOVE ITTTTTTTT
38%
Writin_RegSimburiancatloverplayerRavager619EnkiSchmidtSimskristaZzMANzZsimoleoncatBfeverUndeadFoxFunandotsNikkihWispyeTopher8907SimAlexandrianerdfashionpopstarsleyPlumbobMafiaQueenkat_emma_marie1 23 votes
Other (Please specify)
16%
marcel21affleck11ChadSims2jooxisVivi_WillowTreeRionAgriasTodilooRememberJoyXspac3diamondx_000key 10 votes

Comments

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    Oop wrong section!
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • emma_marie1emma_marie1 Posts: 14 New Member
    I LOVE ITTTTTTTT
    Technically I don't have the pack yet, but as soon as it comes out on console I'm buying it. The trailer looks amazing and I like the fact that we get a new species like mermaids
  • DeDeplus3DeDeplus3 Posts: 199 Member
    I don't have it yet.
    I can't wait to get it
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I'd say I'm somewhere between pretty good and I love it.

I definitely like it a lot, and I've had a lot of fun playing with it, but there is that feeling it could have used a tad more depth.

I personally disagree with the sentiment that it feels like a game pack, but it also feels slightly lacking for an expansion pack. It's kind of in between for me.

As it stands right now, IL is tied with CL as my third favorite EP behind Seasons and GT.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I LOVE ITTTTTTTT
    I love it. Best Expansion Pack and overall best pack period so far. It bumped Seasons out of the number 1 spot to number 2 for me.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    I don't have it yet.
    I will be waiting for a sale on this one. I dont have Strangerville so if there is a sale Ill probably get both of them at the same time.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I LOVE ITTTTTTTT
    I'm soo happy I bought this pack the world is beautiful, the clear blue sea gorgeous, objects, create a sims and build and buy love the architecture :-), I'm currently playing a mermaid sim called aquamarine lol shes got a dolphin friend called blue and she wants to be a friend of the world
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I wish I never got it,

lacks features
    riddled with bugs
    rip off
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Damien555Damien555 Posts: 21 Member
    Pretty good sums it up.
    I am enjoying it. I wish the world had a 64x64 spot on it though. Minor compared. Great new outfit ideas.
  • kat_kat_ Posts: 8 New Member
    I LOVE ITTTTTTTT
    I haven’t played it too much but I absolutely love it! :D
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I don't have it yet.
    I don't have it yet, but I think it would probably be my favorite pack! I love everything about it (especially the mermaids)! :D
    He/Him
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I LOVE ITTTTTTTT
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I'm soo happy I bought this pack the world is beautiful, the clear blue sea gorgeous, objects, create a sims and build and buy love the architecture :-), I'm currently playing a mermaid sim called aquamarine lol shes got a dolphin friend called blue and she wants to be a friend of the world

I named my mermaids dolphin friend Blue!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I LOVE ITTTTTTTT
    I finally got around to playing it this weekend. I really like the build/buy items and I'm enjoying Sulani so far. I also like the fact that you don't get the same old Sims visiting from other neighborhoods. At least that's what's happening in my new save.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    I don't have it yet.
    I don’t have it yet hoping to buy it when it goes on sale.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I don't have it yet but from the gameplay I have seen, mermaids after a while have a repetitive life where there are no skill sets to improve upon. From what I have seen, the fact that there are no waves or extra activities makes it hard to find more to do once you have done it all. It seems hollow again similar to selvadorada. The exploration lacks excitement and danger, and the story is read from a dialogue box which makes it feel hollow.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited August 2019
    It's okay..
    well, I love the mermaids and I like the conservationist career and sure, it looks pretty.
    also a couple of other minor things I enjoy (building sandsculptures, befriending dolphins), but overall it still seems rather empty, it just does not feel like an EP other than the world being a good size there isn't much really expending my game.
    IMO they should have added underwater areas, I'd be willing to give up one of the islands for a decend underwater location to explore or at least they could have added like a small maybe hidden underwater area...
    it just seems like they wasted alot of potential, it all looks pretty but it falls flat gameplaywise.

If it were a GP I would be fine with it, but a EP? It really isn't worth the 40 bucks, I now wish I waited for a sale....but mermaids man, mermaids....could.not.resist.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I LOVE ITTTTTTTT
    I really love it so much. Playing the new stuff pack on the Island too. Never want to leave this place.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    I knew what to expect due to the PC launch, but it's disappointing that the rest of the game gets even buggier due to Island Living.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Pretty good sums it up.
    I like it a lot and really love playing in that world (whether to live or to have other families visit the beach on sunny days), but I still like GF and Seasons more. GF especially is a pack I never thought of as essential and now I can't imagine my game without it. Although I like IL a lot, it doesn't have that appeal to me :)
  • affleck11affleck11 Posts: 33 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    wheres the absolutely disappointing/really poorly made option?
  • PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    I LOVE ITTTTTTTT
    I. Love. It. :D Just got Island Living and the world is so refreshing and the ocean is just beautiful <3 Right now my sim lives in Mua' Pelam I think it's called and is a conservationist B) The neighbours Kala, Lia and Makao are all the best, they came round and brought me some Sulani local food and they're so friendly!! Not going to lie I jumped into manage households, edit and deleted Makoa's wife :D I did keep lil Nani though, lets just say I have my sims love life planned out.. I hav'nt explored mermaids much yet as I like my realistic and wholesome gameplay but I wish they could do abit more :# Overall amazing packkkk
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    I don't have it yet.
    I don’t have it yet waiting on the Christmas sale 🤪
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Other (Please specify)
    As bad as I wanted ocean swimming this pack came with nothing but limitations such as being stuck on one world to experience the content from this pack. Even with its huge limitations we were still given nothing to do once you get there beyond jet skis, riding a small boat, sandcastles and basic swimming no interacting with other Sims or diving. Where's the group activities where's the surfing, beach volleyball, why can't my Sims have a romantic or family picnic at the beach or anything beside solo Sim content at best the only group activity was a max of 2 Sims building a sand castle together or pranking a Sim on a lounge chair if that even counts.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I LOVE ITTTTTTTT
    I love it
  • UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    I LOVE ITTTTTTTT
    I really love it but don't like the bugs - now my main Sim won't do the cooking unless the kitchen counters are turned the wrong way (honestly)! Plus they take it in turn not to do what I tell them, bit like kids really. :p
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here