Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October Patch Speculation 2019 (Patch Is Out)

Comments

• VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member

Oh free costumes. Not a fan of the outside underwear part, but hey atleast I can have a "robot" servant now.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    I saw on Twitch that someone had the idea of using the robot costume on their butler but I don't think this is possible. It would be nice if Maxis made it so that we could choose it! :)
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2019
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    No Maxis Monthly? So they will not announce a new pack before November? Or were MM’s only for free content?

Sorry, this got changed a bit too often.

They don't announce packs in Maxis Monthly (anymore). They also changed it again so that they only host a maxis monthly when there is noteworthy free content coming in a patch.

I guess if the 'leak' is anything to go by, they will announce that University EP next week or the week after.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I am not a huge fan of costumes but I love these costumes so much!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    No Maxis Monthly? So they will not announce a new pack before November? Or were MM’s only for free content?

They don't announce packs in Maxis Monthly (anymore). They also changed it again so that they only host a maxis monthly when there is noteworthy free content coming in a patch.

I guess if the 'leak' is anything to go by, they will announce that University EP next week or the week after.

Yeah, I thought as much. Thank you!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Free content only.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Irdiwen The latest on MMs is they'll only happen if there's something major coming in a patch, be it free content or anything significant other than bug fixes). New packs have their own announcements so they wouldn't happen in a Maxis Monthly.

Same here, @Rouenpucelle. I'm on a 2015 Macbook Air. This only really affects Macs from before 2010 or even older. I believe 2009 Macs can run at least Mountain Lion so they can be updated to newer OS versions to run TS4 okay after this patch.
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    Would love more gory costumes. Not a fan of these. I am a halloween/darkness lover. So I really appreciate related stuff.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I like these costumes but I'm afraid that it means we won't get real simbots in this version. And how about more costumes for kids. It is, mainly, for kids to wear costumes on Halloween. Why don't they get more costumes too?
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I like these costumes but I'm afraid that it means we won't get real simbots in this version. And how about more costumes for kids. It is, mainly, for kids to wear costumes on Halloween. Why don't they get more costumes too?

This X 100. Halloween is for children more than anything, and yet they're adding costumes only for adults? It's getting ridiculous at this point how much they neglect anyone who isn't a young adult in this game.

I sincerely hope they do have costumes for toddlers and kids that they just chose not to show off as like a surprise or something.
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

If anything, I feel like this means the opposite. Maybe the bots won't look exactly like that costume, or if they do, it'll only be their "default" appearance and also come with other styles or upgrades. Would be cool if you first made a simbot and it looked like that, but you could upgrade it either in game or with cheats to look more modern/stylized! Maybe you could even go full Terminator and make the bot look human, and only vampires (can't sense plasma/real emotions) and Spellcasters (magic, probably can't sense real emotions as well) can tell they're robots
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    More adult Sim content just what this game needed! kids and toddlers don't dress up on Halloween everyone knows its all about the young adults.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Even with Spooky Stuff and Seasons, the kids have almost no costumes. I feel like they can only be a pirate, a princess, a skeleton, or a skeleton princess. Not that it matters much anyway, since they can't even go trick-or-treating IIRC.

But even though the adults have way more, I think we needed more Halloween costumes anyway, so I'm not too fussed.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I hope they'd fix the photo frame rotation on surfaces. Right now they cannot be rotated when pressing the alt button at the same time...
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    Robot costume ? Is it a hint (Future themed pack as EP09 or GP09) ?

they remember me the servo, a robot of sims 1 and he appear in sims 2 too.

anyways i would love the plumbots pack.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited October 2019
    Fun! Robot Costumes. :) That I'll probably never use... :) But still fun. :)

I get where people say we need more kid costumes. We do. More for toddlers too.

But... at the same time... I make costumes for my kids beyond the ones that came in Spooky Stuff all the time. Granted I have Vampires, and between that and the holiday pack you can find a decent amount of stuff that goes beyond the pre-packaged costumes.

Then again, I did community theater when I was younger. I made costumes out of my closet all the time.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    if this patch is trick or a treat shall be found out soon but i wish it is a treat
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • westie_cowgirlwestie_cowgirl Posts: 13 New Member
    What good is new costumes if trick or treat doesn't work? :( played over 10 families in all different worlds on spooky day no one comes trick or treating and i end up with an unsuccessful event
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    What good is new costumes if trick or treat doesn't work? :( played over 10 families in all different worlds on spooky day no one comes trick or treating and i end up with an unsuccessful event

Was trick or treating ever a feature? Not counting that "trick or treat" challenge in 2015.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    edited October 2019

So add other things. My Fright Fest has Decorate, Costumes, Trick or Treat (which never goes off for me either) and Spooky Spirit. I may not always get a "gold" but I usually don't get an "awful" result. Change it up to add things that work for your sims. Or even drop Trick or Treat

I do wish they'd get Trick Or Treat to work better, yes. But until then, I'll just edit my holidays to cover what works for my play.

(and IRL, I'm big into Halloween. This idea that it's just, or even mostly, for kids is quaintly amusing.)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

Was trick or treating ever a feature? Not counting that "trick or treat" challenge in 2015.
    Its pretty much kids walk up to the candy bowl take candy and leave no actual game play can be done with it. Trick or treat has always worked for me I wonder why others are having issues with it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Its pretty much kids walk up to the candy bowl take candy and leave no actual game play can be done with it. Trick or treat has always worked for me I wonder why others are having issues with it.

People might not realize that you need to put the candy bowl out to trigger the event?
    ~ ~ ~

It's an optional holiday tradition with Seasons.
    3KNPen wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

People might not realize that you need to put the candy bowl out to trigger the event?

I do have the candy bowl out, but it may be too far back from the front of the lot. And the tradition requires interacting with the trick or treaters, which I never even see spawn.