Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Discovering University CONFIRMED Coming on November 15th!

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Meh. I'm just waiting for them to announce the release of Sims 5...
    CAF84 wrote: »

I doubt we’ll get a school pack now, which is a shame, as we’ve never had one before. I suppose university is just a lot more in demand than a school based one due to the average age of the fan base. I started playing the Sims when it first came out when I was 15. I’ve bought every new base game and almost every pack they released in the past 20 years, but I do feel that older (and by older, I mean not teenaged or early twenties) fans are being left behind a little by this game, which is a shame, as we have shown the most customer loyalty over the years. The gameplay is just too limited to the young adult stage. Ugh, rant over.
    ^THIS!
    Thetford wrote: »

You have to remember, there was very little focus on the academic side of things in TS2 and TS3 University packs (TS2 even had no actual university buildings, let alone any meaningful university interaction), and both had a bare minimum of what you needed to do to pass (just go to class for a couple of hours and write a report) - that was it. The main focus in both games was the campus life itself: dorms, greek houses, toga parties, secret societies, coffee shops, the quad - stuff that you would find in any college movie, the university itself isn't important.

In contrast, schools have significantly higher contact hours, and everything is much more structured and very little would be in your sim's control. Otherwise it would cease to be a school. When you compare a show or film set in a school, very little focus is placed on the classroom side of things, but rather the hallway corridors, prom, or out of school activities, something which is much less easy to form a pack around.
    ^True and good point. :)
    (I don't want to play out the classroom side of my college experience either... :neutral: )
    The only thing I want from university are shower WooHoo and bunk beds. If those aren‘t included I‘m gonna be sad!
    ^ :scream: There's no shower woohoo in the Sims 4 already!?!?
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Noon here, and this rumor hasn't been officially denied yet. I'm getting on this hype train!
    ^I was just thinking how interesting it is that a Guru hasn't come on here to deny it yet...
    :smirk:

Fun conversation and speculation everyone. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I’m so waiting for an announcement! But I think a teaser and announcement will come next week at the earliest, possibly a week later.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I know someone found a reference in Target's system, but that is not a CONFIRMATION! Has this been officially confirmed? If so, when and by who. If there is no official confirmation then it is not confirmed and the title should be corrected.
  • PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    Really hope they give us cheerleading. Like an after school activity like scouts in seasons.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I know someone found a reference in Target's system, but that is not a CONFIRMATION! Has this been officially confirmed? If so, when and by who. If there is no official confirmation then it is not confirmed and the title should be corrected.

Consider it unofficial confirmation, then. This thread is in the speculation forum anyway, so no biggie.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I’m so waiting for an announcement! But I think a teaser and announcement will come next week at the earliest, possibly a week later.

I'm thinking we'll get one on October 15th, it's on a Tuesday and a month away from the release date Target mentions.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

IceyJ wrote: »

Consider it unofficial confirmation, then. This thread is in the speculation forum anyway, so no biggie.

Yes, it is in the Spec & Rum section but that doesn't mean you can call a pack CONFIRMED when it's not. It is a biggie. Any high school hacker could break into Target's system and add that as a prank. It is NOT been confirmed period and the title should not say otherwise.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Yes, it is in the Spec & Rum section but that doesn't mean you can call a pack CONFIRMED when it's not. It is a biggie. Any high school hacker could break into Target's system and add that as a prank. It is NOT been confirmed period and the title should not say otherwise.

Lol.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Not like it says been confirmed by EA. Go tell this to some gamechangers who make clickbait videos to get views.
    🙄😂😂
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    no it
    Simburian wrote: »
    All these new packs appear to be very rushed through. No wonder we are getting so many bugs. If the rumour is true I expect we will get that and then a large Patch before Christmas.

I remember when the complaint was that content wasn't coming out fast enough. Now its too much :D This "community" is forever unsatisfied.

simply because we were spoiled by loads of content and gameplay which the previous games had to offer and have now been getting lesser, short-lived, no replay value, recycled and lazily done DLCs that are not just worth the agonizing pain of waiting in TS4 apparently.

that explains the discontent and dissatisfaction. :D

No, like I said, this "community" keeps going back and forth. One moment, the packs weren't coming out fast enough and now they are being released too often. It's the flipping back and forth.

If the other game has the better content to this day, to you, then just play that game.

I"m in the crowd who likes fast and numorous releases. Up until June of this year it was moving very slowly *Not talking about free content*
    emorrill wrote: »
    Meh. I'm just waiting for them to announce the release of Sims 5...
    CAF84 wrote: »

I doubt we’ll get a school pack now, which is a shame, as we’ve never had one before. I suppose university is just a lot more in demand than a school based one due to the average age of the fan base. I started playing the Sims when it first came out when I was 15. I’ve bought every new base game and almost every pack they released in the past 20 years, but I do feel that older (and by older, I mean not teenaged or early twenties) fans are being left behind a little by this game, which is a shame, as we have shown the most customer loyalty over the years. The gameplay is just too limited to the young adult stage. Ugh, rant over.
    ^THIS!
    Thetford wrote: »

You have to remember, there was very little focus on the academic side of things in TS2 and TS3 University packs (TS2 even had no actual university buildings, let alone any meaningful university interaction), and both had a bare minimum of what you needed to do to pass (just go to class for a couple of hours and write a report) - that was it. The main focus in both games was the campus life itself: dorms, greek houses, toga parties, secret societies, coffee shops, the quad - stuff that you would find in any college movie, the university itself isn't important.

In contrast, schools have significantly higher contact hours, and everything is much more structured and very little would be in your sim's control. Otherwise it would cease to be a school. When you compare a show or film set in a school, very little focus is placed on the classroom side of things, but rather the hallway corridors, prom, or out of school activities, something which is much less easy to form a pack around.
    ^True and good point. :)
    (I don't want to play out the classroom side of my college experience either... :neutral: )
    The only thing I want from university are shower WooHoo and bunk beds. If those aren‘t included I‘m gonna be sad!
    ^ :scream: There's no shower woohoo in the Sims 4 already!?!?
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Noon here, and this rumor hasn't been officially denied yet. I'm getting on this hype train!
    ^I was just thinking how interesting it is that a Guru hasn't come on here to deny it yet...
    :smirk:

Fun conversation and speculation everyone. :)

No there is no shower woohoo yet however Universities would be the perfect pack to add it in.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I got the Get Famous-EP

My handyman-sim who excels in making stuff out of wood is repeatedly offered jobs in tech, surgery and other areas due to high reputation. What will be the outcome after an education pack. Will sims no longer be offered lvl 5 jobs in areas they have no knowledge off?

Personally I hope so but I don't know how much they will let future packs interfere with the new education pack.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Simlie20 wrote: »
    Of course the pack "Discovering University" is going to focus mostly on university but I hope they add more features to the overall school system, like having the option to go to boarding/private school, public school, getting homeschooled, or drop out. I miss the school bus from Sims 3 so if they could bring that back that'd be awesome and possibly field trips. I expect to be able to attend class with my sims actively, the ability to join sororities and fraternities, and pull all-nighters because I know I'll be doing tons of that. If one of my sims is very talented in something they should be able to get a scholarship, a sports one, or a musical one. Cant' wait for dorm shopping! :D

This, plus someone mentioned an overhaul on money/bank & loans (piggy banks for kids lol) coz obviously uni is $$$. Loans and debt could make the game way more interesting and “real” for all the realism players.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    As a current Univeristy student who uses the Sims as an escape from reality, I'm not sure if this pack is something I'll jump on upon release, but maybe I'll end up changing my mind once we get more information.

I remember TS3 University being released and me skipping Uni to play TS3 Uni. :D
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I personality want university as an active stage, but only if it enables better things to happen in the game such as Sims starting higher up the career track or being paid more at lower levels.
    I loved the mascots and social aspect of university in TS2. The only sticking point was that university took SO long that at times it felt a bit excessive. It would be nice to have university that takes less time.

I would also like to see other routes of education like short courses, postgraduate. And I'd love the return of private school!

My sticking point was that you couldn't have your sims go on with their lives (like have children, marry) while they were in the University world. So I really hope that this time you won't have to live on campus (but of course you can if you want) and can choose to commute from home while working part time e.g. and going on with your life.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    no it
    Simburian wrote: »
    All these new packs appear to be very rushed through. No wonder we are getting so many bugs. If the rumour is true I expect we will get that and then a large Patch before Christmas.

I remember when the complaint was that content wasn't coming out fast enough. Now its too much :D This "community" is forever unsatisfied.

simply because we were spoiled by loads of content and gameplay which the previous games had to offer and have now been getting lesser, short-lived, no replay value, recycled and lazily done DLCs that are not just worth the agonizing pain of waiting in TS4 apparently.

that explains the discontent and dissatisfaction. :D

No, like I said, this "community" keeps going back and forth. One moment, the packs weren't coming out fast enough and now they are being released too often. It's the flipping back and forth.

If the other game has the better content to this day, to you, then just play [/b]that game.

It still amazes me the other games actually do have better content pack vs pack, quality vs quality, and gameplay mechanics vs gameplay mechanics. When I bought an EP in those games I actually got EP quality and content/gameplay. These days I'm sold a GP at an EP price. Or a GP with reused assets from the base game. Or a stuff pack with content I can't use unless I buy an EP to make it work/use. Odd. And those games are twenty, fifteen and ten years old. Some so old the pcs won't play them since Windows 10 blocks SafeDisk from being able to load a cd or dvd. Not without finding ways around MS' push to make us all buy online and manipulate a consumer to have to download anything and everything from online service rather than to use a disc. I sit and wonder who all was in those meetings the day MS decided discs are dead and we all need to be on line all the time. I'm sure some big game companies were in those meetings, too.

It was TS4 players complaining about the dry spells that lasted months at a time, and the lack of communication. It's still the TS4 players who are complaining the packs are lack luster and rushed this past year (and I can see why) when fifteen bugs appear after installing a patch to add some free content and one bug fix.
    It's not the players of the older games doing so much complaining but those who buy everything for TS4 that seem to be having all the problems, since gamers who play the other games left a long time ago. Those of us still here complaining actually play it now and then. Go figure the community that buys everything are actually the ones complaining and not those who have left to go back to older games for good.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    @Cinebar i couldn't have say it better myself
    y'all got bread?
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    Simlie20 wrote: »
    Of course the pack "Discovering University" is going to focus mostly on university but I hope they add more features to the overall school system, like having the option to go to boarding/private school, public school, getting homeschooled, or drop out. I miss the school bus from Sims 3 so if they could bring that back that'd be awesome and possibly field trips. I expect to be able to attend class with my sims actively, the ability to join sororities and fraternities, and pull all-nighters because I know I'll be doing tons of that. If one of my sims is very talented in something they should be able to get a scholarship, a sports one, or a musical one. Cant' wait for dorm shopping! :D

This, plus someone mentioned an overhaul on money/bank & loans (piggy banks for kids lol) coz obviously uni is $$$. Loans and debt could make the game way more interesting and “real” for all the realism players.

We definitely need a banking system. It's way overdue.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    we need a athlete over hual and also we should get to desgin our own uni

the more i think about it. i think the athletic career will be the expanded base game profession in this pack having the same trend going with the gardening career in seasons and fishing career in island living.

and this official description from the new official maxis sims:
    Morgan is all-in, all the time. Driven by her life-long love of sport, Morgan believes life is meant to be lived, not spent behind a desk. She''s always up for any adventure her friends suggest, and always pushes herself to do more. With her track and cross-country scholarships, she was always a top performing athlete at university. She''s currently training for her first Iron Man competition, which means a lot of time in the pool and on a bike.

Capture-5-600x657.jpg
    Here's everyone wishing for University and all I'm caring about from this is the bike riding.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Every time I see this thread title I get all excited! I feel like it's a safe bet, but I'm still hoping for official confirmation. I'm dying for this pack! 🌈
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    edited October 2019
    Every time I see this thread title I get all excited! I feel like it's a safe bet, but I'm still hoping for official confirmation. I'm dying for this pack! 🌈

Apparently, saying it's confirmed when it's not is "no biggie". So when players read CONFIRMED only to find out it's not, I guess they'll just have to get over it. It would be funny if it's not Uni, but something else. :D
    Post edited by Dannydanbo on
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »
    Well there you go peeps. Now that we have Toddlers, Pets, Seasons, Stairs and University, I wonder what are people going to complain about on every TS4 post? :p

My bet is Farming and possibly Cars (lol) still.

Actually I would just like couples dancing as we had in past iterations of the game :)
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Adding fuel to the fire...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM5OQq91T3Y

Someone contacted the rapper who did the song for the Sims recently... and he replied
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    That was no hint at all. Well, as much as the earlier hint. But he didn’t confirm.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    we need a athlete over hual and also we should get to desgin our own uni

the more i think about it. i think the athletic career will be the expanded base game profession in this pack having the same trend going with the gardening career in seasons and fishing career in island living.

and this official description from the new official maxis sims:
    Morgan is all-in, all the time. Driven by her life-long love of sport, Morgan believes life is meant to be lived, not spent behind a desk. She''s always up for any adventure her friends suggest, and always pushes herself to do more. With her track and cross-country scholarships, she was always a top performing athlete at university. She''s currently training for her first Iron Man competition, which means a lot of time in the pool and on a bike.

Capture-5-600x657.jpg
    Here's everyone wishing for University and all I'm caring about from this is the bike riding.

Hmm maybe bikes will come with Universities.