Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

As for Mote Hound perk

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hi I've been playing with my spellcaster and he has this perk. But I don't know how the motes can help him. I googled everywhere but I saw only motes when becoming spellcasters only. Anyone knows about motes in detail? A bunch of Thanks.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    They give you spellcaster XP when you absorb them. You can only carry 7 at a time, and you can't see them outside of the initial fetch quest without the perk.

Source - my spellcaster has the perk too.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    They give you spellcaster XP when you absorb them. You can only carry 7 at a time, and you can't see them outside of the initial fetch quest without the perk.

Do you mean XP is talent points or magical power?

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »

The bar that shows you what your spellcaster rank is. Absorbing motes will increase the bar slightly.
  • Options
    Jeansoo wrote: »

The bar that shows you what your spellcaster rank is. Absorbing motes will increase the bar slightly.

Ahhh thanks so much! :D

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Each mote is a tiny gain. It helps, but not like super helpful.
  • Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Also, they raise a random need by a little bit each time you eat one.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    Shinzen wrote: »
    Also, they raise a random need by a little bit each time you eat one.

wow!! That's a new one I haven't seen. Thanks a lot! :D I will try some of them today. :D
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited October 2019
    I still think it's funny that they absorb the mote by eating it lol
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    What do these motes look like? Are they only found in the magical realm? (Is it the black spot in the left-center of the screenshot? I have a lot of floaters in my eyes, and my computer screen tends to collect dust and cat hair, so I might very well be missing them because I assume it's a floater or a dirty spot on my screen.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    @invisiblgirl Motes are the little blue-purple balls you collect for the sages after you ask them to turn you into a spellcaster. You can find them hovering above the ground in the magic realm, like little ghost lights, but to see them permanently, you have to get the corresponding perk.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    @invisiblgirl Motes are the little blue-purple balls you collect for the sages after you ask them to turn you into a spellcaster. You can find them hovering above the ground in the magic realm, like little ghost lights, but to see them permanently, you have to get the corresponding perk.

Thanks - I'll have to look for them. I probably ignored them as random sparkliness in the background, not anything useful.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options

Thanks - I'll have to look for them. I probably ignored them as random sparkliness in the background, not anything useful.
    They are not that useful but you need to get this perk anyway to get the higher and better other perks.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top