Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there some way of telling exactly what packs the store content I'm using is coming from.

Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
I'm currently making my first Sims 3 world, in a very long time. I decided to limit my self to only using certain expansion packs. However, that severally limited me, so I decided to make an exception to my "no store content, unless its free rule," and use premium DLC content. That said I still want to keep it limited. Is there some way that I can tell in game exactly what Sims 3 store packs, each item comes from? This isn't a problem when it comes to expansion packs or stuff packs, because they all have their own symbol, however, store content does not. What's the best way that I can keep track of what items and from which store packs that I'm using for Mystic Stone Bay?
Post edited by Damienf519 on

Comments

• KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    edited September 2019
    If you go to the side bar in buy mode...you can sort objects from certain expansion packs. It's the bar at the far right and I believe it's the little up arrow above the star shape. Err...one of the two...can't exactly recall which one. ( I'm not sure that you can sort store venues)
    9HNeufX.jpg

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    KatyFernlily,

Thanks. I already knew about the sort feature. The problem is, is that it doesn't let me sore by particular Sims 3 store content. For example it won't give me the option to show only say objects from Dragon Valley, one of the Sims 3 store worlds.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Sorry Damien, I did mention I wasn't sure about sorting venues. I think the only other option there would be is to make collection files.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIxtvzrhAV4
    KatyFernlily,

Thanks for the suggestion and the video tutorial.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    The best way to use only what you want is to only install what you plan on using. That way you can list the packs and then use everything you have installed.
    edited September 2019
    Thanks for the suggestion. I never thought I'd hear from you again Rflong7. I hope you're able to help me test out the world I'm currently working on. If not, no big deal. I just think I might have some trouble finding play testers this time around. I love your worlds by the way.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Thanks. :mrgreen: I'm still around a bit.
    Sure, I'll help if I can. :)