Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just want good beds

13...Next

Comments

• fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Yeah but then If my sims have a high energy rating bed they’ll be up watching tv in the middle of the night.
    This! I never use the Cordelia even though I love the way it looks because with it or some of the more expensive beds, my sim goes to bed around 11 pm sim standard time and is back up at 3 am. I either want to have a button on any bed that lets me buy a more expensive mattress, maybe 3 different tiers, or just better swatching. I am obsessive about matching woods, and about decorating for personality. Like why can't my girly female sim have a dark wood frame and pink or purple bedding? Is this really too much to ask?
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yeah but then If my sims have a high energy rating bed they’ll be up watching tv in the middle of the night.
    This! I never use the Cordelia even though I love the way it looks because with it or some of the more expensive beds, my sim goes to bed around 11 pm sim standard time and is back up at 3 am. I either want to have a button on any bed that lets me buy a more expensive mattress, maybe 3 different tiers, or just better swatching. I am obsessive about matching woods, and about decorating for personality. Like why can't my girly female sim have a dark wood frame and pink or purple bedding? Is this really too much to ask?

Yes, you should be able to lower the rating as well if you like the look of a bed.

This is something that I really dislike in the game actually. The bonuses you get are often just about getting things done faster.

Game: "If you do this aspiration you will lvl this skill faster!!"
    Me: I already mod the game so I can stop my sims from lvling more in their skills. I play long loong saves and they would all have 10 in all their skills and be so much alike. I prefer to stop lvl-ing a skill when I feel that that is where my sim should be at.

Here we are in the same bind.
    Game: Pretty bed is good bed, you sleep less
    Simmer 1: But my sim is living in a rustic cabin out in the wilderness and have to forage if she is going to get all the plants before winter comes. Can't she please be awake. I don't want to place a fancy thing there.
    Simmer 2: I really like the pretty bed, it matches everything in the room but it just throws the sleep-schedule off when one sim in the family sleeps 4 hrs a night and the rest sleep 8 because that is what the beds that matches their rooms gives.
    Game: Noo... pretty bed is little sleep and ugly bed is long sleep.

Hey ho hey ho, back to modding I go

I do not like this system at all, ha ha, in case anyone missed it.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    That’s why I get mods that separate mattresses from bed frames the mattresses holds the comfort levels and the frame is decor. Plus you can mix and match

I hadn’t thought of this before, but this is exactly how it should work. We should buy mattresses independent of beds.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

So, put them to bed at 1:00 and use the extra two hours to work on skills or exercise or...anything else. My Sims are too busy to be sleeping half the day. And no, they don't get tired early, since they always get a full night of sleep, instead of waking up before their energy bars are full because they have to be at work in an hour.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to watch their Sims sleep rather than doing things.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I would like the ability to separate mattress from frame, to mix and match swatches and styles, and that the mattress was what gave energy and bonus moodlets. I would also like babies, toddlers and children to have more styles of bed/cot.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • CandiGir1CandiGir1 Posts: 64 Member
    Why is it that practically every time a new pack is released, the good looking beds all have plum energy levels? I was so excited to use the beautiful new bed from ROM. But alas, it’s only got a 5 energy replenishment rating.

There’s only a few beds that my sims can use since I like to have at least an 8 energy rating and it’s such a shame.

I understand that some people might want their sims to sleep longer but there are just so many low energy beds! Meanwhile I find myself using the Princess Cordelia bed over and over purely for it’s energy rating.

And how does it make sense for an expensive looking four poster bed to have a low energy rating?

Can we at least have the option to upgrade beds to a higher energy rating? I know there are mods (which I may actually cave and use if someone can recommend me a good one) but really it should be in the game.

I love the idea of upgrading them! It would be awesome if we could upgrade based on woodworking skill. Finally get some real use out of that table!
    6qrDi11.png
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    @invisiblgirl It all depends on the story I'm going for. I'm totally happy for you being the type of player that doesn't mind your sim being up all hours of the night. Also by your logic why would we want to watch our little sim people do anything. Neither of us are wrong, I was simply stating a desire for my game. Happy simming.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Honestly, I've used an "All Beds Same Energy and Comfort" mod for years now. I use the bed that goes with my decor.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie