Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some small doable ideas that would CHANGE TS4

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Some small ideas I have to improve the game:

- Give us bank options through the phone or computer and ATMS being placed randomly in the city (basegame update). Sims can apply for loans with a payback every few days + % extra. They can also check and manage their personal account in the household. Send or receive money to and from other sims. This introduces separate bank accounts where you decide you want to play with the household funds or separate sim accounts.
- Bring heritage into the game. When a relative dies, the money and owned properties go straight to the first in line. Children, brothers/sisters and cousins. A house can be chosen to be sold or keep.
- Good chance to let us own at least 3-5 properties. These could be businesses or second homes.
- Let sims move in/move out through the computer instead of the world map that holds no connection to the story of the household at all. Even add in a nice friendly & romantic goodbye hug or kiss when sims will leave the lot for good.
- That being said, but do the opposite for bulldozing and editing lots. They need to be done from the world map. It takes forever to demolish a town.
- slow dance, lay and cuddle on the bed, more general woohoo locations
- Dance together as friends. Face to face and imitating each others dance moves while smiling and laughing as if they enjoy each others company
- Prom for teens with an actual event in the gym hall that we can set up ourselves
- Story progression level buttons in the options menu
- Drama level buttons in the options menu
- Adopt children should be challenging with a social worker coming to your house asking questions and checking if you pass the test. Let's say 5 out of the 10 available questions will be randomly asked by the social worker and you need to win at least 3 points.
- Bring back cabs (or maybe an uber service!) And of course add any vehicle like cars, bikes, scooters and motors.
- For the sake of our sims lives, add in an updated list of lot venues OR even better, do a complete overhaul where WE players decide what the lot means and how sims will react on it
- Also, very important... multiple lot types. Where you can have a restaurant with a coffee cafe side of it. Or a store with a park around of it where sims come to chill and children come to play
- Fun outdoor games for children that don't require stuff. Let them play with sticks, let them pretend play, play tag, hide and seek, kick or throw a ball to each other and let them dress up and do quirky things around the house. Maybe have them make goofy faces in front of a mirror or let them pretend play in the living room where you can see the scenery they created in their mind when clicking on the child sim.
- Open subhoods! Come on already.. no need to explain myself here.
- More events around neighbors and in the subhoods. Like a flea market in the street, or trick/treat from door to door, sims walking around in costumes and kids playing games in the street on Halloween. Summer afternoon/evenings where people hang outside, water balloon fights, playing in the water from fire hydrants, kids can sell homemade lemonade from stands etc. We need more togetherness and livelihood in this game. Other sims don't do anything.
- separate color swatches on items like we get to choose the frame color and the item within. Opens more creativity for players. Its our game, we get to choose.
- Ofcourse the basic NPC's like burglars, police man and fire man. How do we still not have thooooooseeee!!?? What is going on :o

I think these are VERY doable for a game like The sims 4. I even compromised, cause I know if i ask for bigger things like an open world or CAST, we get the same old covered up answer. So I think the developers should also show their part of compromising.
I haven't seen much of a game changing update and it has been 5 years. I expect A LOT if they want to make us happy at this point. Too much disappointments and let downs only stack up, so in the end, you end up doing more than you would have done if you cared a little earlier :)

Feel free to add whatever you want to this list. Try to be creative. Adios!

Comments

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    - Adopt children should be challenging with a social worker coming to your house asking questions and checking if you pass the test. Let's say 5 out of the 10 available questions will be randomly asked by the social worker and you need to win at least 3 points.
    - Fun outdoor games for children that don't require stuff. Let them play with sticks, let them pretend play, play tag, hide and seek, kick or throw a ball to each other and let them dress up and do quirky things around the house. Maybe have them make goofy faces in front of a mirror or let them pretend play in the living room where you can see the scenery they created in their mind when clicking on the child sim.

Definitely agreed on these two.

I only have one idea which is simply to add an infant life stage in-between baby and toddler. The child development aspect of life is completely skipped over in this game as we go from newborn babies to walking, talking toddlers. I'd like a stage in-between where babies learn to crawl and then stand, learn their first words, get their first bit of hair, etc. Here's a video example that basically shows off everything I'd like to see.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBJqbJpbETs
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    We defenitly need some in-between life phases. Especially between kids-teens and adults to elders. I always have to age my elders back to adults, cause in a marriage it looks ridiculous for one to be that much older all of a sudden. The adult stage needs to be cut into 2 phases. It is too long of a phase. 30 to 60s or so?? We need 30-40 and 50-60. I think the elders get a bit odler each day, so would like to see that too. Without aging of a birthday, just gradually.
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    edited September 2019
    I would love to see more interactions with the sims. I'd also like to be able to own and run more businesses. One of my favorite businesses in TS2 was a salon my sim owned in Bluewater. I had home businesses as well and they were really fun. Let us build apartments already. I want brownstones in Willow Creek. Subhoods would be the best.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    - Give us bank options through the phone or computer and ATMS being placed randomly in the city (basegame update). Sims can apply for loans with a payback every few days + % extra. They can also check and manage their personal account in the household. Send or receive money to and from other sims. This introduces separate bank accounts where you decide you want to play with the household funds or separate sim accounts.

Absolutely not. I hate that stuff enough in real life, I don't want to do it in the game too!

Absolutely not. I hate that stuff enough in real life, I don't want to do it in the game too!

What do you hate about it in a sims game? I mean, this is meant for more options to buy houses or objects for your sims as well as actually knowing how much a sim earned and so it doesn't disappear in a household pot. I do not see a reason to exclude this from a life simulator, cause it makes playing and achieving goals a lot easier.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Some small ideas I have to improve the game:
    - Good chance to let us own at least 3-5 properties. These could be businesses or second homes.
    - Let sims move in/move out through the computer instead of the world map that holds no connection to the story of the household at all. Even add in a nice friendly & romantic goodbye hug or kiss when sims will leave the lot for good.
    - That being said, but do the opposite for bulldozing and editing lots. They need to be done from the world map. It takes forever to demolish a town.
    - slow dance, lay and cuddle on the bed, more general woohoo locations
    - Dance together as friends. Face to face and imitating each others dance moves while smiling and laughing as if they enjoy each others company
    - For the sake of our sims lives, add in an updated list of lot venues OR even better, do a complete overhaul where WE players decide what the lot means and how sims will react on it
    - Also, very important... multiple lot types. Where you can have a restaurant with a coffee cafe side of it. Or a store with a park around of it where sims come to chill and children come to play

Like these ideas, nut fussed about the rest.

My ideas:
    - Neighborhood traits for more control of who shows up in any given neighborhood.
    - CAS option to save outfits for townies to wear; sharable on the gallery.
    - CAS option to save makeup across outfits.
    - Update plant sims to be a permanent life state and ghosts to be more unique and interesting.

Since I know nothing of game programming, I really don't know how simple these changes would be, but I'd love to see them someday.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited September 2019
    This would be groundbreaking for Sims 4 Sims actually interacting and having fun with other Sims.

- Fridge that actually has to be restocked with food, option to pay to refill it or go to grocery store
    - Cuddle in bed
    - Slow dancing
    - New clothing and jewelry locked to clothing stores that must be purchased there to give us a reason to use clothing stores and not just play pretend
    - Changing rooms
    - Working cash registers for all retail
    - Ticket machine, make any lot a business lot by charging Sims to enter an arcade, movie theater and so on your imagination is the only limit

Not small but worth the mention
    - Preteens
    - Cars

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited September 2019
    Absolutely not. I hate that stuff enough in real life, I don't want to do it in the game too![/quote]
    You hate the freedom to loan money from bank? Idk how that would affect you If you choose to not utilize the feature.
    I don't think it would demand to use it. Speaking of ATMs, not doable because...

Oh no, they wouldn't want to scare casual players off the useful feature. I'm sure transferring funds to retail store in GTW just did that as a fail. It's just the dog house vicious cycle all over again.

That too. Quote Graham, of a thread him being mention this would break or can be done because of multitasking relevance.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Good ideas, especially the family ones!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • I want banking & inheritances.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• And I also like owning multiple properties.

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    replace "prom" with "school dance" since other countries don't have proms, that just a North American (U.S. and Canada) thing.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    No story progression unless it can be toggled on and off. I dont want to have to settle for being stuck playing only one household while my other households age/get married/have kids/die without me knowing it(like in Sims 3).
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
    edited September 2019
    No story progression unless it can be toggled on and off. I dont want to have to settle for being stuck playing only one household while my other households age/get married/have kids/die without me knowing it(like in Sims 3).

That is why there is a set of levels you can choose from. Either none or let;s say 3 levels for the level of freedom townies get.

What I think is needed in this game, is OPTIONS. There are people who do not like certain features and there are people who do, but the game could be so designed that is does not force you to use a feature. Look at laundry for example. Totally optional. Some people hate it and other find it important to have these little details in the game. Developers should take this as their main way to go. To me it is a perfect way to keep everyone happy and it opens up a lot more creative options in the game that we can learn from each other as well.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    - New clothing and jewelry locked to clothing stores that must be purchased there to give us a reason to use clothing stores and not just play pretend
    - Changing rooms
    - Working cash registers for all retail
    - Ticket machine, make any lot a business lot by charging Sims to enter an arcade, movie theater and so on your imagination is the only limit

You are right about us having to pretend play all the time. This is not what a life simulator should feel like. It should feel like a real experience with meaning and consequences. All these ideas add into a real experience for the sims and players. If only we could have memory system and fear/want system along with that and it would feel more real again. Events would actually matter, decisions would have an impact longer than just a few min of a moodlet.

Buying specific clothes like maybe from a certain theme of a pack would be cool. Sims actually going in changing rooms add more time in a store, more meaning and more to look at from a screen. i don't understand why they ever thought that the sims should be fast and easy. That is not what this game should be about. It is about an experience. There is nothing to experience of a sim entering a shop, clicking on an item and then have a sim come over wich turns into 'buying' it. There is nothing sims do to actually buy an item and there is no after meaning to it, other than it being in your inventory just like everything else. So boring.
    The ticket machine is also great. It would be great for clubs, play/entertainment parks like pools or playground for kids. Bowling alleys, bars or any kind of festival lot people create these day. Imagine actually having a reason to work! Everything is free in The sims 4 accept for bills.. it really annoys me. How does this at all mirror life?
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    You hate the freedom to loan money from bank? Idk how that would affect you If you choose to not utilize the feature.
    I don't think it would demand to use it. Speaking of ATMs, not doable because...

Oh no, they wouldn't want to scare casual players off the useful feature. I'm sure transferring funds to retail store in GTW just did that as a fail. It's just the dog house vicious cycle all over again.

That too. Quote Graham, of a thread him being mention this would break or can be done because of multitasking relevance.

The reality is that such balance does not exist and if they think they are putting any in TS4 they are deluded to no end. The game only caters to casual short attention span children. I wouldn't even call it a game since it breaks the 101 rules of a game. They forcefully remove any and all challenging things from this game on purpose, they make the features bland boring and uninteresting on purpose because they think no one will understand them or want to play with them. I feel like they have lost touch with what it is to actually make a game, an AAA game at that. TS4 feels like their first time at making a sims game sometimes, not their 4th.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    Someone refresh me, what made sims 3 so much more "adult" and challenging? Because I don't recall that.

Sims 3 did't have banking or inheritances either.

• ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    When arranging a party ie birthday or dinner party or whatever, it would be nice to set the dress code.
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    I would like NPC Sims to get married and have babies and not act like robots. This should not be something that has to be modded. I would the option to have another member of my household to act like a NPC.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Oh, I'm liking these ideas.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    "doable" ... we're lucky when they rework things like what they did with the stairs - for free. It's still a company that wants to generate revenue - reworking a game as a whole doesn't do that.

It's not that there is not at least one thing in the suggestions that i want, (the game becoming hardcore realistic isn't one of them), but also some of the themes have been adressed in one pack or another and i fear they decided not to touch that again. Still some other might be picked up with future packs.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
    edited September 2019
    Someone refresh me, what made sims 3 so much more "adult" and challenging? Because I don't recall that.

Sims 3 did't have banking or inheritances either.

The overall humor and atmosphere the game provides I guess is what people associate as an "adult" game. How the animation are not over top and that life is presented that isn't always about sunshine and rainbows. By "adult", I guess it defines how you grow older, you become more aware, or shall I say experience, that life has its downfalls. Somebody getting arested by a policeman than having an option to "angry poop" that may come off as immature humor for some (I don't mind that, unless a social toilet is put as first before important stuff, like unlocked and animated elevators). Comparing animation how Sim can't even hold a pepper shaker without dropping into bowl (although personally I don't mind that either) oppose to chopping a finger. Cartoonish and goofy. Speaking of that, the artstyle may also be defined by correlated age that some like to construct such idea. TS3 is less cartoony and thus why some may call it more 'adult'. Then of course there's Drake words that told everyone that they geared TS4 towards adolescent girls. So I can see why they would call a previous game more adult. Speaking of that, I suggested recently when this brough up in another thread, that we should look past the audience-focus shift as being the main problem for all the game's shortcomings, and instead look upon other factors that are more realistic at fault).
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    The sims 4 is not "presented" as merely one thing , in fact, the player is encouraged to play however they want to. Furthermore, you didn't name any gameplay from Sims 3 that made it more adult. Just the fact that sims will drop a pepper shaker or take an angry poop. I meant, surely , minuscule details like that don't automatically make sims 3 more adult themed.

What were the key features of the sims 3 , that made it not "all sunshine and rainbows"? What was this "gritty" gameplay? Other than lacking humor and lacking animated sims. I actually prefer animated sims and found sims in sims 3 very robotic and un-relatable @DragonCat159

edited September 2019
    Furthermore, you didn't name any gameplay from Sims 3 that made it more adult. Just the fact that sims will drop a pepper shaker or take an angry poop. I meant, surely , minuscule details like that don't automatically make sims 3 more adult themed.
    Somebody getting arested by a policeman than having an option to "angry poop" that may come off as immature humor for some (I don't mind that, unless a social toilet is put as first before important stuff, like unlocked and animated elevators).
    ^ As you see I did, and it is gameplay. Unless you didn't miss that and somewhat the answer isn't correct, I'm open to debate that. Said event also links to burglar, which is one of other gritty things. That's the only I can think off thought my head right now, but I'm sure others can add more examples on top of mine. There are countless other example, which can be found in The Sims comparison discussions. Whether it makes sims 3 adult or not, I'm just saying why others find it and like to describe it as 'adult'.

And before I finish with a post, I remember another thing - TS3 has gambling sort of (the lucky palms premium venue gameplay. TS4 has yet to have that, and according to how the representative of the developers, Grant (who used to have the power) find skepticism in it and tweeted in response back why casino simulated content is not up for consideration as three bullet arguments. Though it's just a store content piece, and I do understand if that's unfair thing to compare, especially when TS4 hasn't introduce any. Still, it exists and doesn't shake off the fact somebody feels it makes the game more 'adult' (well, actually, it is since adults can partake only or at least presented as conceptually). In the game as a whole, it offered lots of woohoo location, which came in literally all expansion pack more combined with TS4 produce packs combined.

ETA: WA tombs, where you are tortured with atrocious looking ways than in Jungle Adventure imo. Add the fact the latter literally has no 'booby traps' despite misleading term. In Late Night, Sims can dance on a counter, which can be seen as 'naughty'.

ETA2: Wait, I misunderstood something? Are we talking about what each game to what player of age caters or for what SIM age group content provided. Latter answered, formal - both by focus I'd say younger audience (teens-ya), though not a lot of older adults and elder players. TS2 and TS1 goes past young adults.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Actually you didn't name any specific game play that is included in sims 3 , that makes it especially adult themed. Now that you mention burglars , i guess that counts to a degree. It's just that for me that doesn't compensate for the amount of claims I have seen proclaiming jus how much more adult sims 3 is. You would think that sims 3 didn't have nude censors or that it depicted graphic violence or something. And thats just not the case @DragonCat159

edited September 2019
    Alright. Dunno I thought it would be good idea to make those examples related, but yeah. I agree with you on that. "Adult" is a odd way descrbing it if they meant by my examples. None of the sims games are adult, though Medieval was reaching it though that's a different series.
    NNpYlHF.jpg