Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims cut in half (missing head/torso)? Anyone ever seen this?

Has anyone ever experienced sims being cut in half but walking around as normal? Other sims can interact with them but they don't have nameplates and info when you hover over them. This happened as I followed a sim on their way to work at the hospital.

sT9cNIX.png

KMuNk7M.png

I have 1 mod (WWhims, up to date and tuned to be minimally intrusive) and a bunch of custom body and face sliders. Some hair and skin CC, nothing much there that could induce this.

I don't mind it as much, I'm just afraid it will screw up my save somehow.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    My Sims are missing a leg sometimes. Going into CAS and changing a piece of clothing then changing it right back seems to do the trick once exiting.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    You may need to do the 50/50 method to find the culprit. Although, I think some of the sliders were broken with the last patch. I would start with those.
  • DeleteDelete Posts: 27 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    My Sims are missing a leg sometimes. Going into CAS and changing a piece of clothing then changing it right back seems to do the trick once exiting.

This should fix it. Sliders sometimes glitch out and remove legs or upper half of the bodies of my sims (but the head stays)

My height slider does this and setting it to normal height then switching it back to whatever it was at before really helps.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I would definitely start with the sliders.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • nicholasvotolatonicholasvotolato Posts: 17 Member
    I have this happening for few months now and I don’t use sliders in my game
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    edited November 2022
    I have this happening for few months now and I don’t use sliders in my game

Make sure your Mods are up to date and if you are still having this issue you can try these tips on troubleshooting your game.
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    hey, I don't know if you already solved it, the same thing happened to me but the other way around (they didn't have legs) they were custom sliders. Check if you have custom sliders, take them out and try
  • TzivaTziva Posts: 19 Member
    I have had this issue with CAS clothing items but since you're also missing your head....
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Hope you managed to resolve it, but had to say that gave me a chuckle, reminded me of that animated movie where a magic spell brought back only the dad's lower half. It was a cute little family film with heart, I forget the name.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg