Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    POTTY TRAINING plum! Man I miss Sims 2 in that regard. I used to cheat by giving them the super-bottle and sliding the bladder need up and down until the bar was finished.

Haha I did a similar thing in TS2. I'd sit them on the potty and drag the bladder need bar down over and over with the boolprop cheat until they were trained.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    luxsylvan wrote: »
    POTTY TRAINING plum! Man I miss Sims 2 in that regard. I used to cheat by giving them the super-bottle and sliding the bladder need up and down until the bar was finished.

Haha I did a similar thing in TS2. I'd sit them on the potty and drag the bladder need bar down over and over with the boolprop cheat until they were trained.
    The independent trait makes training toddlers a lot easier too because they tend to pee on their own.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    I don't care about University I would like something more exciting. I play families most of the time and I h the Magic EP didn't buy it because it looked stupid and waste of money.

*Steps away from the Muggle.*
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I too like the way toddlers learn in Sims 4 a lot more than in previous Sims games. I think they really hit the training better this go around than they have ever done before. You just have to get used to how it is done now - as it is much like real life. I really like it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I really don't care about new stairs or if we get bunk bed. While I won't complain if we get it, it wouldn't bother me in the least if we didn't as I am more concerned about game play. Sometimes I feel people care more about stuff then the actual game play itself.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I always play with autonomy off.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    I love occults but RoM sort of made me go meh like it had potential but it just failed to hit that "you must get this right now" for me
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Realm of Magic was a huge disappointment for me.

Mage should not be an occult life state, that should be reserved for anything with different customisation options.
    The clothing is terrible. Not a single mage robe or hat. They added better stuff for that in an old halloween update.
    No beards either.
    Or staffs, just those dumb little wands. I just hate the full focus on harry potter stuff. I'd much prefer the style of lord of the rings.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I always play with autonomy off.

So do I. Good luck making them read a book when autonomy is on. :lol:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited September 2019
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Realm of Magic is my favorite game pack, and I prefer witches in the Sims 4 over the ones in Sims 3 Supernatural.

i do agree RoM is better try than supernatural though since i was also let down by supernatural and im still salty about it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    @rhalius im afraid youre in the minority that the clothing is terrible in ROM , ive even seen naysayers or non occult players compliment the clothing. but its definitely okay not to like it. I love the stuff from ROM . And Im not super knowledgable about Harry Potter, but I love the direction they took
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    edited September 2019
    EdithV wrote: »
    Family players want everything catered to them. If anything ‘not family’ is introduced they kick up a fuss and insult it, eg saying supernatural is dumb even though it’s been part of the sim franchise for a long time. Not everything is about your game style, I say this as mainly a family player.
    I am a supernatural family player so just because I am a family player doesn't guarantee that is the only play style I want. So unpopular opinion is yes I want the Sims games catered towards my play styles I have been playing for being a paying customer for 17 years because if not then what is preventing Simmers from taking their money elsewhere towards Paralives like how Maxis lost its customers with SimCity? Silly for Maxis not to want to sell to Simmers appealing to their different demands than just yours or mine isn't it? I think Sims community tends to forget how diverse the Sims community is but instead results to insulting each other, not saying your post is because I agree multiple play styles and representation needs to be included. I am also a pyro deviant and builder too. I can do CAS Sims too, but what made me interested in the Sims was to grow up from Barbies and I feel like Sims 4 is the most childish of all four games so far representing perfect Barbie world is a warped perfect world. There is a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 feel to it that runs me the wrong way with this iteration with the whole perfect blonde single lifestyle.

I miss the series about being about love and selflessness instead but yes how volatile society is now isn't helping either. I had a friend tell someone do you want to be right or do you want to be loved because you can't have both. I don't think Simmers having to prove the Sims 4 being right is helping the game because it is a huge distraction of telling the Gurus what we love about the Sims instead. It is as if the passion died with the Sims 4, so one of the biggest compliments I got from SimGuruLyndsay on forums was calling me passionate because while some view it as complaining she viewed as passion and thankfully I and other Simmers were rewarded sharing our toddler ideas with her. Now to get that passion in other aspects of the game won't be easy, but I know I will not be able to do it along. It requires the community to be united to produce positive growth for the game like how toddlers improved sales. I hope to see it for builders and other play styles too.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Family players want everything catered to them. If anything ‘not family’ is introduced they kick up a fuss and insult it, eg saying supernatural is dumb even though it’s been part of the sim franchise for a long time. Not everything is about your game style, I say this as mainly a family player.
    I am a supernatural family player so just because I am a family player doesn't guarantee that is the only play style I want. So unpopular opinion is yes I want the Sims games catered towards my play styles I have been playing for being a paying customer for 17 years because if not then what is preventing Simmers from taking their money elsewhere towards Paralives like how Maxis lost its customers with SimCity? Silly for Maxis not to want to sell to Simmers appealing to their different demands than just yours or mine isn't it? I think Sims community tends to forget how diverse the Sims community is but instead results to insulting each other, not saying your post is because I agree multiple play styles and representation needs to be included. I am also a pyro deviant and builder too. I can do CAS Sims too, but what made me interested in the Sims was to grow up from Barbies and I feel like Sims 4 is the most childish of all four games so far representing perfect Barbie world is a warped perfect world. There is a plum feel to it that runs me the wrong way with this iteration with the whole perfect blonde single lifestyle.

I miss the series about being about love and selflessness instead but yes how volatile society is now isn't helping either. I had a friend tell someone do you want to be right or do you want to be loved because you can't have both. I don't think Simmers having to prove the Sims 4 being right is helping the game because it is a huge distraction of telling the Gurus what we love about the Sims instead. It is as if the passion died with the Sims 4, so one of the biggest compliments I got from SimGuruLyndsay on forums was calling me passionate because while some view it as complaining she viewed as passion and thankfully I and other Simmers were rewarded sharing our toddler ideas with her. Now to get that passion in other aspects of the game won't be easy, but I know I will not be able to do it along. It requires the community to be united to produce positive growth for the game like how toddlers improved sales. I hope to see it for builders and other play styles too.

You can want what you want but you aren’t the only paying customer you know, we all pay for the game so all different play styles should be catered for. I hope sims 4 gets better too and maybe parallves will be good but I wouldn’t put all my hope into that as obviously we have no idea how it’ll be until it comes out.
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    I am a supernatural family player so just because I am a family player doesn't guarantee that is the only play style I want. So unpopular opinion is yes I want the Sims games catered towards my play styles I have been playing for being a paying customer for 17 years because if not then what is preventing Simmers from taking their money elsewhere towards Paralives like how Maxis lost its customers with SimCity? Silly for Maxis not to want to sell to Simmers appealing to their different demands than just yours or mine isn't it? I think Sims community tends to forget how diverse the Sims community is but instead results to insulting each other, not saying your post is because I agree multiple play styles and representation needs to be included. I am also a pyro deviant and builder too. I can do CAS Sims too, but what made me interested in the Sims was to grow up from Barbies and I feel like Sims 4 is the most childish of all four games so far representing perfect Barbie world is a warped perfect world. There is a plum feel to it that runs me the wrong way with this iteration with the whole perfect blonde single lifestyle.

You can want what you want but you aren’t the only paying customer you know, we all pay for the game so all different play styles should be catered for. I hope sims 4 gets better too and maybe parallves will be good but I wouldn’t put all my hope into that as obviously we have no idea how it’ll be until it comes out.
    I know that and if you read above I mentioned that we both aren't the only paying customers, there is an entire Sims community that people forget the bigger picture about. So some things like the hijab and the gender update did upset some, but the way I look at it is representation in the Sims goes beyond just my lifestyle, it includes others as well. It is worldwide with millions of Simmers with only a tiny fraction actually talking choose to talk about it with other Simmers just like not all the Sims team chooses to be Gurus. We both choose to comment on these boards. There is beauty in that free will that sets us apart from our Sims. Believe me I graduated with honors in accounting focus with my Bachelor's, I know how money works. Thing is I noticed I have been told off by Simmers that are not paying customers that brag about winning all their packs in giveaways or obtain their Sims content by illegal means then brag about it on their fan sites. It is then that I get upset about me being a customer doesn't matter and that I should just leave the Sims community and their games. It is a total pride issue that some customers matter more than others like they are trying to control people like their Sims when in reality Gurus or shareholders couldn't care less about the feedback of their packs, so long as packs sell. Even Grant mentioned about this reality before in a Tweet that people will buy packs regardless of the feedback on them simply because it is the Sims.

But yes I do agree gameplay beyond just family play needs working on. The emotion system that was bragged about is an utter mess and similar issues that SimCity had like small worlds continue to be an issue. I was talking about how ridiculous the size of objects were with a friend and it reminded me of why I needed braces as a kid was big teeth small mouth. So Sims 4 is big objects in tiny lots. It just will never fit especially as more and more packs continue to be released. Makes me wonder if that is why there are more CAS items than gameplay or build/buy items because even Gurus realize the base game and pack neighborhoods will never be big enough to support those things in the game.. No wonder babies have to be confined to cribs, there is no room for them on lots for routing. Same with cars too. Even pets are squished, so forget the doghouse, Sims lots are confining enough it is laughable at this point and time. So unpopular opinion is Sims 4 base game will repeat Sims 3 history in that the issues in the base game will never get addressed and will get an excess of packs that will continue to expose those issues and still lag computers even with everything scaled back gameplay and build/buy more wise.

I hope Paralives is successful because honestly competition I think will be the only thing to save the franchise if the timing is right and it comes out during Sims 4 development and not after like SimCity because if that happens Sims is toast during the in between iteration time. So I can kind of see why Simmers need Sims 4 to keep going because of that and it being the last active Maxis PC/Mac game with SimCity switching to mobile only. I hope Maxis doesn't resort to mobile only but I do have a feeling Sims 4 is the guinea pig of how far microtractions can go to make that switch to mobile only. I had a developer tell me mobile games would replace PC games and being that there are fewer paying customers with the confessions and ever Maxis might go that route. If they do, then well then they'll lose me as a customer as well as I don't know how many others. I am really hoping the cloud based gaming takes off and Paralives utilizes it so that the issue of PC not being strong enough is lessened and people can game anywhere on any device. I know I have been enjoying G Force Now beta. I guess I am looking at the advancements in technology now from procedural generated worlds, facial recognition software, and cloud based gaming that in just a few years Sims will be light years behind on with how fast tech in gaming works now. So yes I do worry about the Sims future and yes only time will tell and how the simulation genre will use these new things. The Universim is also an interesting SimCity competitor how it changes throughout the ages in a literal 3D world. I guess it is the age of competition for simulation games now and I couldn't be more delighted about it. Anyway sorry for my lengthy post, but thank you for choosing to reply to my post. I like to write them long to see who wants to read them or not to separate them from getting Twitter replies. :). I enjoy talking to people now and hasn't always been the case. Forums is good practice with conversing in society with different personalities. Nice meeting you and talking with you. I hope you enjoy your stay on forums.
  • Options
    dine out, as buggy as it is and will ever be, is a great game pack with solid replay value and story telling.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    cats and dogs have more impactful traits than the sims themselves in TS4.
    So much this. They have a better create a system too.
  • Options
    ZePancakeNinjaZePancakeNinja Posts: 19 Member
    RoM introduced similar amounts of game-play time as the other game packs and becoming a spell caster is on the same level of difficulty as becoming a vampire >_>
  • Options
    RoM introduced similar amounts of game-play time as the other game packs and becoming a spell caster is on the same level of difficulty as becoming a vampire >_>
    Yeah I like that. I like the skill tree with both although the spell caster I like a bit more. Makes playing with them a bit more interesting yet still provides freedom on how to earn the skills and progress their stories.
  • Options
    not an unpopular opinion but more of a shower thought.

spooky stuff is that one easily forgettable pack which everyone would suddenly remember once autumn season has arrived.
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    not an unpopular opinion but more of a shower thought.

spooky stuff is that one easily forgettable pack which everyone would suddenly remember once autumn season has arrived.

I have to agree. I really think they should have saved Spooky Stuff for Seasons.
  • Options
    SimuarySimuary Posts: 9 New Member
    Seasons is one of the expansion packs I'm the least interested in. Since I have a rotational play style, the holidays don't appeal to me and the heat/cold related deaths would really screw up my game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top