Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you play the sims 4 aging on or off ?

NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
Just curious on how others play their game :-) , I play mines with all townies aging off , I age them up via cake if they become my sims lover or good friends, my sims are set to only age when active.

Comments

• _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Aging off. I age them up all manually.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I tried that before and i personally ended up playing just one sim didnt play with all my packs lol, I slip into bad habits with aging completely turned off 😂
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I try my best to play rotational, so it works out.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    I never thought of that 🤔 , I might try that 😃, I never liked the aging on because you kind of grow attached to your sims sometimes then watching them just grow old and die 😂
  • DeleteDelete Posts: 27 Member
    On, I mean its a life simulator, people grow up and die and stuff.

Actually wait lol... it depends on the save. If I do rotational play on a save where I really like my sims I keep townie aging off but If I only have one or 2 households I keep it on cuz I like seeing everyone grow up and have kids and die of old age. If old age doesnt kill them I certainly will somehow (I spent an hour in CAS on a sim only to have them burn to death a few minutes into actual gameplay :'( )
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Both depending on the save but I tend to like off best
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    I play with aging off but if I want my world to progress in aging then I turn aging on.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • kat_kat_ Posts: 8 New Member
    I switch between the two. If I have something I want to do with one household that’s going to take a good while to complete I turn it off so I don’t miss anyone in the other households aging up. Once the task is done I turn it back on.
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    I usually play with the aging off however I just started a new save file and wanted to play with aging on for a bit.
  • UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    Aging off - then use the Birthday cake if I want them on the next stage of their life.
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Always off. I don't even manually age up my sims except babies and sometimes toddlers. I like my sims to stay the same age forever.
  • only active household for my own sims but I leave aging on for townies most of the time
  • AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    Ageing off usually and will age sims up manually when I want to.

I can't stand playing with ageing on for inactive played households because I don't like playing rotational much and then I might make them, and not really play them much, and then they die.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Aging on.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I normally play with aging off and just turn it on when I actually need sims to age up (as doing it manually leads to things getting weird in my experience, lol)
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    On for the current household, off for everyone else.
    I'll play a house for a year, then switch to the next, so all of my households age at pretty much the same rate.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think I'm the only one who never ages ANY sim ever. After years of playing I never even had a birthday. No one ever ages and my children have been children for years. I don't know why but whenever I want let's say a teen sim for example I just make one in cas or a new toddler etc. I am planning on having a birthday party for the first time ever lol

When I think about it I think it's because I just don't see the point of replacing one child with another when I can keep the same one. And I don't care about making generations or extended families. Though I do have grandparents I made.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • lanoartlanoart Posts: 4 New Member
    How do you turn aging on or off?
    Go into your options, then select Gameplay, there should be options on different ways your sims will age, choose if you want to show whims etc @Ianoart
  • TeamAngryTomTeamAngryTom Posts: 18 Member
    I like to have the Sims I don't play age up, but keep all my families immortal lol.
  • lanoartlanoart Posts: 4 New Member
    Thank You Nikkih. Does it affect all Household? And what is your recommendation on whims? Can that be changed after? Appreciate your help
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    aging fully turn off as well as using a mod to fully stop aging and make my sims immortal
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I also play with aging off, but also like the option to use the birthday cake to manually age a sim up if I decide too
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Just curious on how others play their game :-) , I play mines with all townies aging off , I age them up via cake if they become my sims lover or good friends, my sims are set to only age when active.

Aging off.
    edited October 2019
    Yes depending on how you set it for example, if you switch your played households on they all age in time whenever you play them or not, if you like to avoid that, you can set it to only when your household is active, which means your other households wont age unless you play them , you can also choose if you want your townies (unplayed sims) to age or not , whims you can switch on or off at anytime, so if you dont like playing with that on you can turn it off , it gives you ideas on what you can do with your sims, it's like your sims wants , every whim you do you can earn your sims aspiration points, I would give it a try the worst case scenario you dont like it you can turn it back off again, hope this helps @Ianoart