Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Packs you own, but haven't played with yet :o

2...Next

Comments

• ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I play them ALLLLL! :)
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The bowling pack. I have yet to take any of my Sims to a bowling alley. I think I got it as part of a bundle even though I knew I would probably ignore it but use some of the B/B stuff.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Who else does this? I feel a bit guilty and spoiled at times when I do this :D I mean, I have been asking for a certain pack for so long and then BAMN it releases, I get super excited and for some reason, my story is just not ready yet to play in this new world or long waited features of the new pack.
    Sometimes I am even worried that the developers will think I (and the others in the same boat) do not like the pack and that this is reason why we do not play it, cause let's be honest, they love to look at their statistics rather than the deeper meaning behind them.
    This makes me anxious and I feel I need to rush my story to play with installed packs, but i also know that it does not mean anything, just simply that i am preparing my story for it which can take.. months.. ehm a year sometimes maybe..?? *blush*
    Do you feel the same way? Which packs are you guilty of treating this way?

All of them it seems. This is my play style. I play how I want to play. If it fits into the "neighborhood story" then it happens and if not I wait. A lot of the time I downloaded the DLC because I wanted the features but I wasn't ready for them. But I will use the new build/buy mode stuff if it fits or the clothes. The game is just that interesting to me. I own them all for the console. But I would say a good 80% of the content I haven't touched. 🤪
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I still have never fully explored Get to Work The Doctor Career, or the Scientist Career, or Aliens, I've never Been to Sixam yet.
    Seasons too, I've play with seasons, on long Cycle, but I don't play everyday, as much as I'd like too so I'm only just getting to Summer, and I've not yet experienced Autumn or Winter.
    Outdoor Retreat don't think I've fully explored Granite Falls... I've only ever just built there, I've never actually sent a sim on vacation.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Outdoor retreat. None of my sims are into hiking, I am probably going to turn it into a residentual world with a mod for my spellcasters, since Glimmerbrook is too small to fit everything.
    I have been planning to play Strangerville and Jungle Adventure, but something has always come up.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm a builder, so I've used them all. I still haven't fully explored every aspect of Island Living, Realms of Magic, and Strangerville because they are still new packs and I was working full time. I did not get Moschino, so that is the only pack I haven't played.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I was really bad with this until I found a solution for myself, I used to play with aging completely off, I feel when I done this I only played with one sim, no family or pets, I have all of the packs out on console so far and it's almost all of the packs apart from my first pet and relam of magic, so I decided to do something about it lol, I kept the aging off on townies so I dont end up with a ghost world, only aging them up via cake if they become good friends or partner of my sims. Turned my sims age when only when active, if I need more time with them I can use a potion, I now have an idea on how I'm going to use all my packs now, I wont be going back 😂, I am now playing with families and pets 😄
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited September 2019
    I rarely use Cats and Dogs. I don't know why. I'm hoping I'll use it more now that familiars are a thing.

I only got Laundry Day on a sale and because I loved the building stuff. Though I did play with the wash tub and clothesline with one Sim who was living off the grid, because I liked how it added to that feel.

I only use Get Together for the skill boosts. I have one club that's unlocked all the perks, and I just rotate who's in it, and whenever I want them to build a skill, they just start a meeting wherever they are. I think the only club activity are be friendly to everyone or something. Pretty sure this isn't quite what the pack was made for.

This wasn't a challenge so much, but I did at one point make a note of everything I hadn't done in the game and tried to construct a plot around it. I think it ended up involving aliens starting an Earth zoo/vet clinic. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    Jungle Adventure. I've sent one of my Sims to Selvadorada, but that's it, I still haven't explored the pack.
    Dine Out: I bought it months ago and I never had any Sim own a restaurant.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2019
    I probably use something from all the packs. I've never played or even wanted to play running a business in the sims. I've seen people playing retail stores in videos and it just looks like to much effort to be fun.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I keep thinking that I just have so much content to play and explore! It will be new to me for a long time and it's already installed. So many stories to tell.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I haven’t played with cats or dogs much, and I’ve never had a my first pet creature either. I also don’t use butlers.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I felt that way when I installed Seasons in January so I started a new rotational save where I'm trying to have each household focus on a different pack. It's kind of nice for making my households feel distinct also.

I haven't done everything yet, because I started with one sim and created the other households from her children, so not all of the households have been in existence very long. Kids slow down using some of the packs especially during the toddler stage when I try not to take anyone in the house off the lot. And I'm at the same time trying to complete all aspirations and careers by the fourth generation, and those goals have tended to take precedence over using pack content. But if I stick with the save I should eventually have used them all.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited September 2019
    I do this all the time , just starting to explore the newest pack , I'll dabble a bit and then go back to my original story

@Gordy
    Gordy wrote: »
    I bought OR for the BB items, which are fantastic, and Herbalism. I visited Granite Falls all of once and left after three hours because there was nothing to do there besides eat bugs. If I ever get Spa Day, I'm converting it into a relaxation destination.

Honestly though, I might start using it more. I have alchemist spellcasters studying Herbalism, but maybe they should go to Granite Falls and try out their skills first-hand.

I have Granite Falls decked out for Christmas Holidays , that way I don't have to decorate the same house and take down the decorations . It is always snowing there and it sets the mood for a perfect Christmans Vacation.

Laugh out loud. Often
  • I am just now starting to really take the game more "seriously" and Im having a ton of fun doing so. I finally have a sims family that I genuinely adore. And Im looking forward to watching their lives continue to expand and add on to their family.

And so because Im just now really delving into playing with live mode and not just playing in CAS and restarting, Im going to be finally getting to the good stuff .
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I've never touched JA or OR. I use some small pieces of CAS, but I've not gone to Selvadorada or Granite Falls, done camping or anything in JA.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2019
    I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of most of my packs. It just gives me something to look forward to. :)

Me too! I have so many plans, but I like to take my time with my sim stories and enjoy new features with my main sim first. I can't wait to explore the jungle with him and save Strangerville. There are just not enough hours in the day!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited September 2019
    I sample everything as they come out,
    but I don't play them afterwards. I am deliberately avoiding them, in a way, as I am waiting for University before I start generational game play.
    I really like my main sims and I want them, and their generations to follow, to have University available to them.

I haven't progressed my main sims after we got Toddlers, Parenthood, and Seasons and I had progressed my sims as far I could before we get Uni.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds