Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible to fix the magic realm

Is it possible to fix or heal the magic realm? Like by completing all the perks? I have already completed learning all of the spells, & potions. Plus maxed the magic skill level past Virtuoso, which is the highest level, a few times now. I just want to know if it’s even possible? If it’s worth continuing to try and fill the perks.

Comments

• ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Not like Sulani, no. Nothing changes cosmetically about the world, as far as I know. However, you can enable editing using the cheat bb.enablefreebuild while you're in the Magic Realm in order to edit the main "HQ" hub. If you're not so skilled with building like myself, you can download a new hub from the gallery and place it in-game. Just in case you want to give the magic realm a new look for story or purely cosmetic reasons.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • joydovejoydove Posts: 53 Member
    Thank you for your reply! Super helpful. I'm enjoying the game a lot and I wish there were more story line to it like Sulani, but maybe that will come in future game releases? I hope!
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Yeah haha, I think that'd be awesome. I'm playing out my own little storyline about saving the Magic Realm from evil so I wish the world could reflect that if there was a storyline like that where the world got fixed and more shiny and stuff like that, haha.

Regardless, I think the world is gorgeous!
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    To restore it, no, it’ll always be a world floating in oblivion.

Basically I changed what is going on, changed the story completely, I built a cathedral in ruins in the HQ’s place. And my new Sages, Ganondorf (untamed), Maleficent (Mischief), and Sheogorath (Practical).

Basically I wanted to create a band of villains based off antagonists I enjoyed fighting in other video games.

Anyway they guardians of the cathedral, in respect to how they are in Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, and Elder Scrolls.
    Ganondorf is at the top of the cathedral playing his piped organ, Maleficent is at the alter, and Sheogorath waits in the dungeons.

Basically one of my dark Sorcerers washes up On the footsteps of the cathedral, after being banished from his home world and was sentenced to Oblivion.

Maleficent awakens him from his hazy slumber. The three of them acknowledge my sorcerer’s power as greater and realize they share the same
    Goals. So Daerick takes control, and they band together to break free from their banishment.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    This would have been a cool element to add to the pack to fix the world over time like it is in Sulani. From what I know about the pack you can’t fix the world
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I kind of wish they had set it up a little like Strangerville to be honest. Make a quest based aspiration (so it could be optional), that would build the bridges back and fix the buildings. Then make it so you can chose to reset it for story purposes the way Strangerville works. This way it could be left as is for people who want it, or fixed up for anyone trying to tell that story.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Like that idea! Maybe you should work for Maxis as a consultant.
  • bubbajoe621bubbajoe621 Posts: 86 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I kind of wish they had set it up a little like Strangerville to be honest. Make a quest based aspiration (so it could be optional), that would build the bridges back and fix the buildings. Then make it so you can chose to reset it for story purposes the way Strangerville works. This way it could be left as is for people who want it, or fixed up for anyone trying to tell that story.

I would have been down for this too. I really liked Strangerville but I guess it got ragged on so much they didn't want to go down that path again.

I would have been down for this too. I really liked Strangerville but I guess it got ragged on so much they didn't want to go down that path again.
    I think the criticism for Strangerville was mostly that it was a forced story into every save. Since TS4 refuses to add toggles, I think aspirations could work as a sort of replacement, to prevent forcing features on the player. It would have been nice in ROM to have the choice to play with a story & goal, or to play it as is and tell your own story.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member

I think the criticism for Strangerville was mostly that it was a forced story into every save. Since TS4 refuses to add toggles, I think aspirations could work as a sort of replacement, to prevent forcing features on the player. It would have been nice in ROM to have the choice to play with a story & goal, or to play it as is and tell your own story.

How does Strangerville force its story? Even if you move to Strangerville town, you can play completely without the story. Of course, there will be strange plants and zombie-like people, but it's like a part of the atmosphere. You can just ignore it. Well, you shouldn't buy and eat suspicious fruits though... Can't imagine what to be enraged for.
    Brinn wrote: »

How does Strangerville force its story? Even if you move to Strangerville town, you can play completely without the story. Of course, there will be strange plants and zombie-like people, but it's like a part of the atmosphere. You can just ignore it. Well, you shouldn't buy and eat suspicious fruits though... Can't imagine what to be enraged for.
    I didn’t mean it that way, I meant that if you want to have the world “fixed”, you are forced to play the story in each new save (cheats aside as not everyone likes cheats).
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    February 26: Strangerville is released. The world is dynamic in that you can choose to solve a mystery and plants disappear (it even gets worse before it gets better).

June 21: Island Living is released. One (of three) islands is in critical condition, ecologically. You can join an environmentalist career and gradually improve life on the island.

September 6: Realm of Magic deep dive live stream. Gurus explain the backstory for the aesthetic choices in the Magical Realm. They say it's crumbling but that the sages are doing all they can to hold it together. I wasn't expecting a dynamic world in this pack, but the pack really could have benefited from that. But then again, the floating crumbled bridge is sweet.

Dynamic worlds were suddenly a trend this year. And the backstory for Realm of Magic was explained in a way that it seemed like the realm would improve.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Because you don't have the option to not have it strange from the start. I have solved it by never, ever, visit that town at all, period.
    (I played thru the story once, with one save, got very disappointed and have completely ignored the town since. Second biggest disappointment after Outdoor Retreat for me).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Nothing in the promotional material for RoM suggested a dynamic realm we could fix. "That other pack had that one thing" is not indicative of what features RoM provides.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member

Because you don't have the option to not have it strange from the start. I have solved it by never, ever, visit that town at all, period.
    (I played thru the story once, with one save, got very disappointed and have completely ignored the town since. Second biggest disappointment after Outdoor Retreat for me).

Well... It's STRANGERville, isn't it? It has to be strange in some way! Why even have an option to make it not strange? It's like having Jungle Adventures without jungle, Realm of Magic without magic or Vampires without vampirism. And even if you move to Strangerville or "accidentally" visit it, nothing bad will happen with your game. It's just a normal town with some strange plants.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Well... It's STRANGERville, isn't it? It has to be strange in some way! Why even have an option to make it not strange? It's like having Jungle Adventures without jungle, Realm of Magic without magic or Vampires without vampirism. And even if you move to Strangerville or "accidentally" visit it, nothing bad will happen with your game. It's just a normal town with some strange plants.

Should have been more clear: I mean in subsequent games. I am fine with having to play it once, but after that I want the option to not have it "Strange" for new saves. Just like I think you should have a toggle for all supernatural things. Mermaids, Aliens, Vampires, Ghosts...
    (Aliens are the worst because they are in your face unless you have a mod that turns off bar nights (thank god for MCCC, this game would be worthless without it)).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek